Everybody relax

RPoling720

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, C Mart said:

Do you not care how dumb you consistently sound? Is this an act for you? 

Hack is this big top secret being groomed enough of this bullsh*t either he sucks or he doesn't 

Other teams play rookies and dress them we hide them 

The Jets sent a 2nd round pick on this guy 

Macc needs to put up or shut up 

3-5 we are the next worse team to the Browns 

Im dumb and acting like a fool because of the Jets success. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Hack is this big top secret being groomed enough of this bullsh*t either he sucks or he doesn't 

Other teams play rookies and dress them we hide them 

The Jets sent a 2nd round pick on this guy 

Macc needs to put up or shut up 

3-5 we are the next worse team to the Browns 

Im dumb and acting like a fool because of the Jets success. 

Well since you're basing this determination on the Rams and Goff. Rams traded a boat load of picks and used the #1 overall pick on Goff so I'm glad he's at least dressing gameday. 

Although I like what the Rams have done so far w/Goff. Where is it in the rules rookies have to play? 

Just now, C Mart said:

Well since you're basing this determination on the Rams and Goff. Rams traded a boat load of picks and used the #1 overall pick on Goff so I'm glad he's at least dressing gameday. 

Although I like what the Rams have done so far w/Goff. Where is it in the rules rookies have to play? 

None but when a team with so many glaring needs spends a 2nd round pick on a project QB instead of a player that should be playing and paying dividends its very questionable to say the least. 

The big top secret Christian Hackenburg

46 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Not at all. No objection. We'll see Petty before too long. As for Hackenburg let him redshirt. Don't feed him to the wolves. Jets have ruined enough QBs that way. Next season play him. 

Your plan is good. But I seriously doubt Woody would sign off on it. As for Bowles. He won 10 last yr and the team looked and played much better than they have this season-no matter the schedule.  They were disciplined last season and weren't making all these stupid mistakes. They also appeared to have team chemistry.  Haven't sensed that this season since the KC debacle.  

I don't know what the problem is this season. But it's obvious something isn't right behind the scenes in Florham Park. The Fitz contract/missing all offseason and walking in as starting QB? Mo Wilk contract? Revis waiting 3 months before having surgery thus missing OTAs? The constant Sheldon absences? The daily Marshall sermons?  Something ain't right.  

So IMO Bowles should at least get '17 to right it.  

Plenty of coaches had a rough go early on in their careers, learned and turned it around.  Doesn't mean Bowles will but should be given another season

But that's me  

Good post. I too think that something just ain't right. there are too many veterans simply not showing up for practice for consecutive weeks now. it's gotta be hard to prepare and game plan when guys are taking days off...something doesn't make sense.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

None but when a team with so many glaring needs spends a 2nd round pick on a project QB instead of a player that should be playing and paying dividends its very questionable to say the least. 

Hmmm.  Pennington sat 2 yrs. O'Brien sat 1.5 yrs. Rivers sat. Eli sat the beginning of his career. There's no blue print. 

50 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Not at all. No objection. We'll see Petty before too long. As for Hackenburg let him redshirt. Don't feed him to the wolves. Jets have ruined enough QBs that way. Next season play him. 

Your plan is good. But I seriously doubt Woody would sign off on it. As for Bowles. He won 10 last yr and the team looked and played much better than they have this season-no matter the schedule.  They were disciplined last season and weren't making all these stupid mistakes. They also appeared to have team chemistry.  Haven't sensed that this season since the KC debacle.  

I don't know what the problem is this season. But it's obvious something isn't right behind the scenes in Florham Park. The Fitz contract/missing all offseason and walking in as starting QB? Mo Wilk contract? Revis waiting 3 months before having surgery thus missing OTAs? The constant Sheldon absences? The daily Marshall sermons?  Something ain't right.  

So IMO Bowles should at least get '17 to right it.  

Plenty of coaches had a rough go early on in their careers, learned and turned it around.  Doesn't mean Bowles will but should be given another season

But that's me  

Excellent post!

2 hours ago, RPoling720 said:

We need to hope for a coherent and consistent management. Stop wanting to fire the coach and GM after every year when they don't win. Don't jump the gun yet, good gthings take time. You can't keep hiring new coaches and GMS every year, thats how the Browns operate and look at them. Not every season ends in a Superbowl appearance for every team. Give things some time to breathe and operate, it's how good teams are formed. Not every single year can be a great season. You have to stick through the bad and build, and make it through the struggle with the same team and coaches and GM so that when things go well everybody is familiar with everything and that gives you an advantage when things go well. Stop trying to start a new regime after every 2 years, it's NOT how good teams operate. The coach is over .500 with our Jets. He took a bad team and won 10 games in his first year. He comes from a good coaching tree and has NFL playing experience. 25 games (13-12) isn't long enough to decide on anyone. You never know what you have unless you give it time. After another year or two we can discuss it. You become the Cleveland Browns when you consistently blow it up and start over and it gets you nowhere. You are never going to catch lightning in a bottle by hiring a new coach every year, impossible. The fire everybody and start over cries at the first sign of trouble is the absolute worst way to run a franchise. At the first sign of trouble you need to stay the course, come together, weather the storm and get through it, and learn your lessons and build and become stronger together with the familiar faces and team. Patience is how it is done. 

It would help if the team actually gave us some hope that the rebuild is working.  So far that's a no go.

42 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You realize that Macc's drafting approach is BPA, yes? 

We need to hope for a coherent and consistent management. Stop wanting to fire the coach and GM after every year when they don't win. Don't jump the gun yet, good gthings take time. You can't keep hiring new coaches and GMS every year, thats how the Browns operate and look at them. Not every season ends in a Superbowl appearance for every team. Give things some time to breathe and operate, it's how good teams are formed. Not every single year can be a great season. You have to stick through the bad and build, and make it through the struggle with the same team and coaches and GM so that when things go well everybody is familiar with everything and that gives you an advantage when things go well. Stop trying to start a new regime after every 2 years, it's NOT how good teams operate. The coach is over .500 with our Jets. He took a bad team and won 10 games in his first year. He comes from a good coaching tree and has NFL playing experience. 25 games (13-12) isn't long enough to decide on anyone. You never know what you have unless you give it time. After another year or two we can discuss it. You become the Cleveland Browns when you consistently blow it up and start over and it gets you nowhere. You are never going to catch lightning in a bottle by hiring a new coach every year, impossible. The fire everybody and start over cries at the first sign of trouble is the absolute worst way to run a franchise. At the first sign of trouble you need to stay the course, come together, weather the storm and get through it, and learn your lessons and build and become stronger together with the familiar faces and team. Patience is how it is done. 

Agreed. Obviously a very frustrating year. I like Bowles in general (pedigree, strong playing career, excellence as D coordinator) but he is obviously learning on the job. I'd like to stay the course as many teams have done despite struggles.

Agreed. Obviously a very frustrating year. I like Bowles in general (pedigree, strong playing career, excellence as D coordinator) but he is obviously learning on the job. I'd like to stay the course as many teams have done despite struggles.

2 hours ago, jamesr said:

So why is it that we get 9 yards on two runs, then turn to the inconsistent and inaccurate QB to pick up 3rd and 1 through the air?

Great point! This has been driving my crazy ALL year. Don't get it. I also don't get how on earth you can turn the entire second half over a QB like Fitz when you have Powell, Forte, and Spiller. Makes zero sense.

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I actually have no beef with Gailey but I do have some win Bowles. Gailey with the most inconsistent and inaccurate starting QB in the league can put together 10 play 85 yard field goal achieving drives.  That falls on Fitz. 

Bowles is losing the team. He has to move on from Fitz bite the bullet and say this is for the future not the worthless vets that drag the team down. We have good young receivers, a good dline and a young improving linebacker corp. hold the vets that have dragged this season down accountable and say it's time for Petty.

This 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The idea that Fitz is now giving us the best chance to win is hilarious!!  

The question anyone has to ask is Fitz gives us the best chance to win what?????

What????????

Fitz has never been to post season in over a decade... EVER!!!

So what is Fitz helping us win precisely,What??????? Some games?

Well so what?

Petty will help us win SOME GAMES as well and maybe he can turn the corner into being a better QB than Fitz something Petty never can do if he is sitting on the bench!!!

IMO Bowles gets two more games, if he continues to trot Fitz out there after that I don't want his spineless coaching as the HC of my team!!! 

3 hours ago, RPoling720 said:

the season has been over for weeks, i'm so relaxed i could practically sh*t myself

36 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

One day, when Christian Hackenberg is winning his second Super Bowl MVP, we'll look back on all this and laugh.

Which team will he be winning them with? Because, knowing us, we will probably get rid of him only to watch him flourish somewhere else.  

3 hours ago, RPoling720 said:

Thanks for the Mike Francesa talking points.

We should stick with a clearly incompetent HC and noodle-arm QB for another 10 years.

I'm still trying to find a game that Bowles coaching acumen has helped win? Give me some examples of some coaching decisions he's made that are clear precise winning decisions. So far all I've seen are terrible decisions where he shows no feel for the game or his teams talent. Less talented teams need their coach to be just a little bit more of a gambler (4th & 1 decisions ect).

Maybe not punting & trying to win the game with some bold play calling. I've seen absolutely NOTHING but by the book, boring football that opposing teams seem to have no problem exposing every weakness we all know about. LBs caught on WRs, CBs playing 10 yards off. Completely abandoning our running game when we're averaging 7 yards, throwing on 3rd down & 1. 15 inside handoffs, how about the delayed handoff today on 3rd & 2? It took like 3 seconds? 

Im sorry but I'm not seeing a team "cleaning up" mistakes, I see a team compounding mistake after mistake after mistake. False starts, off sides on a kickoff? Stupid mistakes. Bowles has shown me NOTHING! I don't think I've ever seen him even talk into his head set? I don't even know what he does on game day except stand there like a Cigar store Indian. But you want to give him another year? Crazy sh*t. 

3 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

And one of the worst secondaries and we got slammed with injuries this year.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Injuries are no excuse. Toilet Bowle is supposed to be a defensive guru, so the secondary shouldn't be as bad as it is.  Rex got all the blame around here for the bad D, so Bowles shouldn't get a pass

Bowles and Gailey haven't earned anything. They had a cake schedule last year and won 1 big game against NE. Mac has added enough talent to be competitive but our offensive play calling and lack of defensive adjustments/qb change has been enough to warrant these 2 dildos being sent packing. Chan is awful, Bowles is delusional let Mac bring in his guys.

8 hours ago, RPoling720 said:

I cant only use 25 games to give up on a coach and GM. The players need to be changed way before management does. Today, the players completly ruined the game with the kickoff penalty and touchdown. 25 games with a WINNING record is not enough for me to want to change coaches AGAIN and start over. Once they hire a new coach its back to square one and the bottom of the barrel. It isn't the solution.

I don't need another season to see this guy just can not manage an NFL team. He just can't do the basics:-

Lack of Team Discipline.

Poor no Clock Management.

Zero In game adjustments.

Players flat out Doggin it #24.

His teams looks unprepared, come out flat. Poorly coached players taking games off, let alone plays.

I'm sorry he's just not up to the task, and his Fitzpatrick obsession will get him fired on Black Monday. Let Macc pick the next HC not Woody. I get what your saying but this guy is Kotite 2.0.

4 hours ago, billo83 said:

Injuries are no excuse. Toilet Bowle is supposed to be a defensive guru, so the secondary shouldn't be as bad as it is.  Rex got all the blame around here for the bad D, so Bowles shouldn't get a pass

Rex shouldn't have gotten blamed either his last season with us Idzick screwed him and we had a really bad secondary. Bowles has decent players on his secondary that are just playing lousy (they actually did decent against the phins for the most part)  sure some of it is coaching but we have no CB2 on our roster, i am not certain that Skrine or marcus williams can be coached to be a viable cb2. Burris maybe with time but this is his rookie season. The one thing I am seeing with Bowles that really bugged me with Rex is that he is playing veteran players who are under performing over his younger players itching to make it out (no not talking about Fitz/Petty) and of course his terrible management of time during games.

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

He should get another season but he needs to turn it around. It's getting pretty bad.

He should get another season, but I'm getting the feeling he's losing the team.  What ever is going on with Mo, and Richardson being benched for the first quarter of the Fish game is very concerning.  It appears to be a discipline thing .  Yet when Richardson returns gets called for a very stupid unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.  Not sure he got the message.

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

He should get another season but he needs to turn it around. It's getting pretty bad.

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

He should get another season, but I'm getting the feeling he's losing the team.  What ever is going on with Mo, and Richardson being benched for the first quarter of the Fish game is very concerning.  It appears to be a discipline thing .  Yet when Richardson returns gets called for a very stupid unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.  Not sure he got the message.

Todd Bowles has lost this team on and off the field its time he's fired. 

15 hours ago, Larz said:

the scout GM has not been good a getting players, the defensive coach who played safety has the worst pas defense in the NFL and the OC decided not to fix the throwing mechanics of his 21 year old QB with a "golden arm" according to even his harshest critics

flush the whole lot of 'em

I'm having this framed.

we have a bad gm and a bad coach-your eyes tell you this and you know it to be true-our players are not good and neither is our coaches

we need to as I said in another post-pay a proven guy tons of money and let him run the show

a proven guy deserves time to rebuild -a guy with no record of success does not when it is clear he is in over his head-in the business world if you bring in a guy and it is clear he is not the guy for the job you dont let him stay a few years

the jets need to make a parcells type of move-bring in a known proven guy-there are a few out of football that would come back if you threw enough money at them

Relax?  How is that possible?  I feel for you guys with PSL's that have to go to the stadium to watch this sh*t show.  

Relax?  Sit home a few friends come over we kick back drink a few beers relax you say how while watching what is probably the worse display of football on TV 

There is no relaxing for a Jets fan we never win easy we never put teams away early we never score on the first drive they put us fans through hell over and over finding new ways to lose very week every season. 

Relax?  Maybe when I'm dead. This team sucks the life out of you.

Archived