Maybe I am seeing something wrong?`

CanadaSteve

But it seems that a majority of the players who seem to be giving their best efforts are the players who we drafted the past two years, and the vast majority of players that are 'dogging it' are all the players leftover from the Rex era (Mo, Sheldon, Harris, Revis)

Maybe Bowles isn't as big a problem as the players who were never held accountable for anything they did don't like playing for a coach who expects them to be accountable, so they are giving a poor effort.

For the record, I don't want Bowles fired after just two years: sends a bad precedence to anyone who might come here.  However, I think he should be on notice. 

But you have to wonder when so many players making so much money could completely forget how to play the game, especially on the defensive side of the ball, that this cannot all be on the coach.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the biggest challenges for a coach is to motivate his players it is also the biggest responsibility. For players making very good to big money that comes from a feeling that they are placed in the best position to utilize their talents. From what I am seeing this team lacks motivation. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

You are very welcome and please do not continue subjecting the rest of the board to you hanging on my balls and disagreeing with everything I post put me on ignore. 

What if I was being serious and actually thanking you..jeez

edit: hanging on your balls..holy sh*t that's a new one. I love you JW. #StopTheHate2017

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Football is a TEAM sport the entire NY Jets football TEAM is BAD. 

Yeah, except its not the entire TEAM that is the problem.  It is the 1/2 dozen guys that are taking up half of the salary cap that are playing like a bunch of spoiled pansies wearing skirts.

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

Yeah, except its not the entire TEAM that is the problem.  It is the 1/2 dozen guys that are taking up half of the salary cap that are playing like a bunch of spoiled pansies wearing skirts.

We have some bad players and we have depth players but we do not have very many good players thats a problem.

25 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

But it seems that a majority of the players who seem to be giving their best efforts are the players who we drafted the past two years, and the vast majority of players that are 'dogging it' are all the players leftover from the Rex era (Mo, Sheldon, Harris, Revis)

Maybe Bowles isn't as big a problem as the players who were never held accountable for anything they did don't like playing for a coach who expects them to be accountable, so they are giving a poor effort.

For the record, I don't want Bowles fired after just two years: sends a bad precedence to anyone who might come here.  However, I think he should be on notice. 

But you have to wonder when so many players making so much money could completely forget how to play the game, especially on the defensive side of the ball, that this cannot all be on the coach.

Harris is not dogging it

32 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I could definitely see that being the case. The older players are probably pissy that it isn't "Club Rex" around here anymore. 

33 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Interesting post. I do expect a purge either way 

19 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

He may not be dogging it, but he is sucking it LARGE

There are many, many deserving of heavy criticism for one reason or another.  

I think directing it at David Harris is poor form with so many other better targets.  DH was never fast.  He has lost a step and a half, clearly.  But he was, and has been, the consummate professional his entire career. Mo Lewis and Marvin Jones were horrible that final year.  But they were warriors that earned respect, not a trip to the woodshed.

8 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

There are many, many deserving of heavy criticism for one reason or another.  

I think directing it at David Harris is poor form with so many other better targets.  DH was never fast.  He has lost a step and a half, clearly.  But he was, and has been, the consummate professional his entire career. Mo Lewis and Marvin Jones were horrible that final year.  But they were warriors that earned respect, not a trip to the woodshed.

Harris WAS  a great Jet & hustler.

I hate the stupid two years argument. It doesn't set a bad precedent. Not firing an incredibly bad coach that is a cancer to this team does.

Should we just waste another year based on the assumption that somehow one candidate may be upset that we didn't give Bowles a third year?

2 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

I hate the stupid two years argument. It doesn't set a bad precedent. Not firing an incredibly bad coach that is a cancer to this team does.

Should we just waste another year based on the assumption that somehow one candidate may be upset that we didn't give Bowles a third year?

He doesn't deserve a 3rd year enough is enough. 

8 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Mike Tannenbaum and Adam Gase have the Dolphins turned around pretty quickly. Guess Tannenbaum knows what he is doing.

3 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Btw where are all those Jets fans making fun of Tannenbaum for being an accountant? I knew that most people can't pass accounting in college - but never realized it was THAT many people.

Joke is on all those guys who said Tannenbaum couldn't spend his way to wildcard competition!

Just now, gEYno said:

Joke is on all those guys who said Tannenbaum couldn't spend his way to wildcard competition!

The presidents of about 75% of successful corporations have accounting backgrounds. But thats not good enough for the Jets, obviously.

9 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Btw where are all those Jets fans making fun of Tannenbaum for being an accountant? I knew that most people can't pass accounting in college - but never realized it was THAT many people.

Uh,errr, isn't that what accountants are for? I can't back up an 18 wheeler but I'm pretty sure the guy who runs over a crowd of people when he does it is probably doing it wrong. 

Archived