Niners firing Chip and Baalke

Matt39

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Kelly gone after 1 bad year. And the Niners are going to get roasted for it. Desperate organizations press the panic button

Chip did a poor job but what pray tell based upon the nonsense that went on there was he supposed to do?????

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Firing a coach after 1 bad season is not a good idea. It makes your job unattractive. Same will happen here if Woody does fire Bowles, which is why he probably won't.

So Woody Johnson is happy about this season. Ok if you say so. Money talks and there are 32 NFL head coaching I doubt Woody Johnson is worried about what anyone thinks when he has the money to pay anyone he wants. 

The 49ers make us look good. Two years in a row firing coaches after only one season. And btw Harbaugh isn't worth 15 mil. He isn't lighting it up at Umich and lost a bowl game yesterday. Chip could end up OC of NEP if their present guy gets a HC job. 

Report: John Harbaugh likely to fire Marty Mornhinweg

Ravens coach John Harbaugh has gone through five offensive coordinators in the last five years, and he’s preparing to go 6-for-6.

The Baltimore Sun reports that Harbaugh is likely to search for a new offensive coordinatorthis offseason. Harbaugh fired Marc Trestman and promoted Mornhinweg to take his place during the season, and the Ravens’ offense has improved only slightly under Mornhinweg.

Harbaugh is expected to remain in Baltimore for at least another year, but it wouldn’t be shocking if Harbaugh is coaching for his job in 2017, as the Ravens have missed the playoffs in three of the last four years. In order to save his own job, Harbaugh needs to get his offense on track.

The new offensive coordinator’s biggest job will be getting Joe Flacco on track: In the four seasons since Flacco won the Super Bowl MVP award and earned a huge contract, Flacco has never finished in the Top 10 in the NFL in passer rating. Harbaugh needs to find a coordinator who can get Flacco to play like a Super Bowl MVP again.

011212-marty-mornhinweg-400.jpg

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Firing a coach after 1 bad season is not a good idea. It makes your job unattractive. Same will happen here if Woody does fire Bowles, which is why he probably won't.

you probably would have wanted to keep Cam Cameroon after Miami 1-15 season

lol you are clueless

this is pro sports , coaches , media and fans understand  that sometimes you  are over the line and its too much , and it doesn't matter if you are a 1 year or 2 years into your contract.

I was at the Niners  - Jets game, the only main conclusion I came to after the game is that both coaches suck and should be fired.

Baalke is a good GM, he's managed to recruit a ton of talent to the 49ers over the years but the organization has been killed by Harbaugh's departure, injuries, random retirements and a coaching carousel created by their stupid owner.  

Firing coaches after 1 year is not a good way to run an organization, and neither is firing one of the best coaches in the league.  

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Fired from 2 jobs in 2 years. Sounds like our kinda guy.

He's better then a lot of coaches out there that are getting looked at. I want no part of Bill Belichick's coaching tree of sh*t, Shannahan is going to bust hard as a coach, and while I like Rex that ship with the Jets has sailed. Also, Shaw is a terrible coach who is overrated and isn't even the best coach in the Pac-12. Also, considering he nearly had the 49ers beat us, who's best receiver is Kerley, says all I need to know about Kelly and Bowles as head coach material.

24 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

He's better then a lot of coaches out there that are getting looked at. I want no part of Bill Belichick's coaching tree of sh*t, Shannahan is going to bust hard as a coach, and while I like Rex that ship with the Jets has sailed. Also, Shaw is a terrible coach who is overrated and isn't even the best coach in the Pac-12. Also, considering he nearly had the 49ers beat us, who's best receiver is Kerley, says all I need to know about Kelly and Bowles as head coach material.

I agree. A 28-34 record is exactly what we need.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Smart organization out with old bad and in with the new. 

This is an organization that has fired 3 head coaches in 3 years, one of which was Jim Harbaugh for an 8-8 season.  There's no spinning this. The 49ers look like the worst organization in football right now Joe.

Archived