Going out on a Limb - Guess at 5 most likely picks for next Jets OC

Sarge4Tide

I obviously have no inside info and, to be honest, I'm really not that bright, but here is my guess at the 5 most likely next Jets offensive coordinators.

I belive the rumors that Matt Nagy will be promoted to Chiefs OC and that Ken Whisenhunt will stay with San Diego.

I'm also going to count Norv Turner and Chip Kelly out. Also think former Miami HC Joe Philbin and Packers QB coach Tom Clements, while possibilities are not strong possibilities 

SO.....this is what I've got

5 - Stanford Offensive Coordinator Mike Bloomgren - bright young guy with a pro style system and a former Jets assistant

4 - Former Baylor coach Art Briles - Available, innovative, consulted with some NFL teams after being fired, connected to Petty

3 - Tampa Bay QB Coach Mike Bajakian - New Jersey guy, former OC in college 

2 - Jets WR Karl Dorrell - Former OC and Head Coach in college 

1 - Penn State OC Joe Moorhead - Another young bright college OC with a pro style offense - Former Head Coach at Fordham 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Why in the hell would a GB assistant want to come here? 

May be getting that playoff check every year on top of you salary is money you don't want or need. Also, working with a great QB is not a real challenge. 

Just now, Tinstar said:

Very well spoken guy, and if I were the Chiefs, I would not let him go .

The only reason that I believe that there is a good chance is that Reid loves calling his own plays.  Unless he plans on retiring sometime soon, I do think there's a shot at getting him.

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The only reason that I believe that there is a good chance is that Reid loves calling his own plays.  Unless he plans on retiring sometime soon, I do think there's a shot at getting him.

Wishful thinking. Hope you are right though. Ironically I want the Chiefs to win this game though.. I have a bad taste in my mouth from the AFC Championship game in 2011...STILL. Guess it's a win-win situation though.

I'll go with Matt LeFleur, Atlanta QB coach, worked under Shanahan two years in Atlanta and also in Washington.  Another name is Wade Wilson, QB coach for Dallas.  He's a little older but has experience as a player and coach.

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Tampa Bay QB Coach Mike Bajakian - New Jersey guy, former OC in college 

great call. Impressive resume. Was coaching w/the Bears the same time Rex Hogan was a scout. Hogan is now Jets director of college scouting. 

If they wanted this guy they would have at least interviewed him by now I would think.

14 minutes ago, Barkus said:

If they wanted this guy they would have at least interviewed him by now I would think.

Not necessarily. With all the big names locked up in other positions, I think the team has a short list of people that they like but would need their respective teams to be eliminated first (Nagy, Clements, Atlanta's QB coach).  Now, obviously there is no guarantee that this is the case but I'd imagine it is for at least 1 or 2 candidates and this point there's no harm in waiting for their top choices to finish up.  

12 hours ago, Joejet said:

I'll go with Matt LeFleur, Atlanta QB coach, worked under Shanahan two years in Atlanta and also in Washington.  Another name is Wade Wilson, QB coach for Dallas.  He's a little older but has experience as a player and coach.

Q: How are you all trying to fix Matt Ryan’s footwork, which led to some of the interceptions last season?

A: I just think that’s the key to all of the quarterbacks throughout the league. You want to have a consistent drop, a consistent balance in the pocket so that you can really get everything into the throw, so that you are throwing with good velocity. I talk to our guys all the time about being balanced in the pocket because if a guy gets a little off balanced, the accuracy tends to fall off a little bit.

Q: How are Sean Renfree and Matt Simms coming along?

A: They are doing a really good job. The toughest thing for them is just there are going to get limited reps. Every time that they get a chance to go out of the field, they have to make those reps count. That’s been a big stress from me to them, just you have to go through every situation, take mental reps when you can get them and when it is your opportunity, you’ve got to perform.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/football/questions-with-falcons-quarterbacks-coach-matt-lafleur/n2C1Mcu2XkvIn9Om8GG24L/

Archived