Rex Ryan finally going to the Super Bowl

joewilly12

Former Jets coach Rex Ryan signs with ESPN for Super Bowl Sunday show 

dolphins-jets-football.jpg

Rex Ryan will be making the move to TV for at least a day when he appears on ESPN's "NFL Sunday Countdown" on Super Bowl Sunday.

(BILL KOSTROUN/AP)

After being fired by the Bills in December, four networks, including CBS, ESPN, Fox and NFL Network, all expressed interest in bringing Ryan on board.

Seth Markman, ESPN senior coordinating producer, told Sports Business Journal that Ryan is “a great personality and has a unique perspective.”

Buffalo Bills owner fired Rex Ryan when coach asked about future

The Bills fired Rex Ryan as their head coach in December after he spent two seasons in Buffalo.

The Bills fired Rex Ryan as their head coach in December after he spent two seasons in Buffalo.

(JEFFREY T. BARNES/AP)

Part of Ryan's schtick with the Jets was to guarantee a Super Bowl, but he never delivered. He cooled his jets after his promises failed to pan out, but he was back making bold statements in his introductory press conference with the Bills.

After two seasons, Buffalo fired Ryan with a year left on his contract.

It’s unclear what Ryan will choose to do next, but TV seems to be calling him.

Ryan now becomes just the latest Ex-Jet to make their way to TV. Bart Scott now works for CBS, while ESPN has brought in Herm Edwards, Keyshawn Johnson, Eric Mangini and Bill Parcells in the past.

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why should I stop?  Most successful head coach since Weeb.  Even Parcells didn't do what Rex did.  If not for Brian Schottenheimer sabotaging Rex he would have won a Super Bowl here. 

And Rex has a ring when he was the D line coach for the 2000 Ravens..:)

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He will do well in that area if you ask me.  As long as he adds his knowledge of the game and not just REx Schtick he will do well.

Oh, it's on ESPN, so you can bet the direction he's being given is to ham up the schtick. I mean, most of the people on that channel don't even speak in sentences anymore. They all just shout their own personal catch-phrases back and forth. The black guys are told to speak "hip-hop" and the white guys are told to speak "hardnosed and gritty". It's pathetic.

Rex will fit in perfectly.

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh, it's on ESPN, so you can bet the direction he's being given is to ham up the schtick. I mean, most of the people on that channel don't even speak in sentences anymore. They all just shout their own personal catch-phrases back and forth. The black guys are told to speak "hip-hop" and the white guys are told to speak "hardnosed and gritty". It's pathetic.

Rex will fit in perfectly.

It'd be an upset if ESPN didn't go right ahead and stick him in a court jester costume.

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It'd be an upset if ESPN didn't go right ahead and stick him in a court jester costume.

Where most people see a scar on his neck from the 5 square feet of skin he had lopped off after rapid weight loss, I see the frown of a sad, sad clown...

Here's a clip of Rex doing chalk talk:

HydFJWn.gif

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

B2B AFCCG participant mother f*cker. 

Yeah and that's like being the runner up for Miss America. No one remembers and no one cares. The same thing would be the team that lost the LCS in either League in Baseball. Ancient History my friend. We live in a what have you done for me lately world my friend and Rex has done NOTHING lately. So there.

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Where most people see a scar on his neck from the 5 square feet of skin he had lopped off after rapid weight loss, I see the frown of a sad, sad clown...

Is that what that is? I missed the reason for that and always wondered what it was.

Now that he's getting fat as hell again does the fat grow around that spot? Will there be a non fat recessed crater under his chin?

Archived