Geno Visiting Giants

JetsFanatic

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Please spare us.  Both Smith and Josh Johnson suck.  The Giants did a fabulous job developing Ryan Nassib, didn't they?  4th round pick like Petty too.  Kaepernick sucks ass too otherwise he'd have a job.  QUestionable talent with a very bad attitude.  No thank you.  

Petty and Hack are worse than Smith

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jetdawgg said:

You miss the whole point. The Giants upgrade to better players than what they already have. The Jets get to keep the worst QB's on their roster. 

Upgrading to better players brings titles. Getting worse at positions makes a team the Jets.

If the Giants sign Geno, all they've done is add a known failure and malcontent to the locker room.

The Jets have not kept the worst QB's, we have no clue if Petty or Hackenberg are good or not.  Unlike Geno, the jury is still very much out.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If the Giants sign Geno, all they've done is add a known failure and malcontent to the locker room.

The Jets have not kept the worst QB's, we have no clue if Petty or Hackenberg are good or not.  Unlike Geno, the jury is still very much out.

SAR I

I just read the Giants did sign Geno Smith.

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Please spare me the nonsense. Petty is no more than a back up. Hack is an unknown. Smith has starting experience and beat some good tams when he played like NO. 

No organization can do well by letting go better talent and keeping talent that is substandard

Good for Smith.  I wanted the team to take a hardline approach with Fitzpatrick and give Smith a shot but it never

worked out.  I can't feel sorry for him though because he had two opportunities to take the job:

- He gave it away over that stupid locker room fight

- He gave it away when he got injured in the BAL game

7 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Please spare me the nonsense. Petty is no more than a back up. Hack is an unknown. Smith has starting experience and beat some good tams when he played like NO. 

No organization can do well by letting go better talent and keeping talent that is substandard

Nonsense?

Petty got a handful of starts on a team that quit and checked out.  Hackenberg is completely unseen.

Geno Smith is not "better talent" than Petty or Hackenberg.  They might amount to something.  Geno has already failed.

Do you have any of those explicit female Marine pics?

SAR I

56 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Giants Expected To Sign QB Geno Smith

Jordan Raanan and Adam Schefter are reporting that the Giants are expected to sign former Jets QB Geno Smith.

The Giants brought Smith in for a visit last week, so he was clearly on their radar as a potential addition.

Earlier in the day, the Giants signed Josh Johnson to a contract, which makes it seem like the Giants could hold a competition for the backup job to Eli Manning.

Smith, 26, is a former second-round pick of the Jets back in 2013. He played out the final year of his four-year, $5.019 million contract and was testing the open market as an unrestricted free agent for the first time in his career.

In 2016, Smith appeared in two games and completed 8-of-14 passes (57.1 percent) for 126 yards, one touchdown and an interception.

Gotta be a joke..

The experts told me no one wants him.

Just now, NoBowles said:

Vindication for Geno fans everywhere!

Meanwhile we're about to sign a relic of a QB who is another option worse than Geno.

But you keep this Geno sucks schtick going..  It's awesome.  

Every time you're proven wrong you just make a subtle shift to your position..  You'll always win!

On 3/13/2017 at 4:06 PM, SAR I said:

Mark Sanchez failed.  I do not deny this.  I don't have an emotional vesting in the kid.  I merely saw with my own eyes the type of QB play that we have only seen in spurts from one-season-wonders like Tesaverde, Pennington, Favre, and Fitzpatrick.  Difference being, Sanchez was ascending, he was only 24, he wasn't old (Testaverde, Favre, Fitzpatrick) and he wasn't beat up (Pennington) and unlike those others he showed he could consistently win games, win high pressure games, win playoff games, bounce back from tough losses, execute 4th quarter comebacks and he had a high ceiling, he was just getting started.

The question that haunts is if finding the franchise quarterback has been the New York Jets quest for 50 years, why on Earth did we give up so quickly on a kid who passed the 2 year audition so well?

You can't tell me Year 3 and Year 4 he was given the same opportunity to succeed nor can you tell me that with Tony Sparano, Tim Tebow, Chaz Schillenz, Clyde Gates, and Stephen Hill he should have been able to overcome and still win plenty of games.  Those guys were not even NFL caliber, they were out of the league almost immediately.  Mark Sanchez was scapegoated, railroaded, and punted out of town to cover for Rex Ryan's defensive deficiencies and a twitchy fanbase that had no tolerance for being picked on by ESPN every night.

SAR I

interesting take on sanchez. i'm not sure he was run outta town by the fans but idzik didn't waste much time when his boy started and went 8-8.  just what was he thinking?  funny thing too because you can make the argument that in 2013 they finally had an oc that was worth a f**k.  sanchez was doing very well in preseason until he was injured in the snoopy bowl.  well, everything looks better in hindsight.

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

Meanwhile we're about to sign a relic of a QB who is another option worse than Geno.

Every time you're proven wrong you just make a subtle shift to your position..  You'll always win!

I certainly have been proven wrong, and I am eating my crow big time. I mean, the fact that Geno was signed the Giants shows that he really is the elite talent that so many Jets fans saw, and I failed to see.

Josh Johnson isn't that bad a Qb. He's been with more teams than just about anyone. Including the Jets. As for Geno's fans now they won't have to travel to see him not play. And hopefully they can switch over to one of the Giant's fan sites and annoy them.  You know to say he should be the starter and he's getting mistreated and screwed by the Giants FO. And that the Giants HC is a moron for not playing him and should be fired. But when you get kicked off the Giant's site please don;t come back. :lol:

All fellow "Geno Lovers" we'll need to meet tonight at HQ to discuss how we're going to handle this going forward.

As always I'll bring the bread dip and Bartles and James.

Soooo excited guys.  

# Geno4life    # secretGenohandshake    #HOFherewecome

1 minute ago, Pac said:

All fellow "Geno Lovers" we'll need to meet tonight at HQ to discuss how we're going to handle this going forward.

Soooo excited guys.  

I'll be there if there are White and Black Russians. If you only have White Russians, I am not coming.

On 3/12/2017 at 2:51 PM, joewilly12 said:

Disagree Pennington wasn't as good as Mark Sanchez. 

Yeah right. Geno is better than Chad also. Geno's better than Eli too. He won't get a fair chance tho. Such a shame

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Soooo excited guys.  

GiantsNationLovesGeno.com ------> :lol:

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Victory lap for backup interview and physical examination competition with Josh Johnson, granted.

SAR I

Whatchomean "backup"?

Geno is surely going to compete (fair chances) with Eli for the #1 job, right?  And the Giants clearly have Weaponz (Marshall!)

Gonna be a tough camp for Eli to win the job tbqh, I put the odds strongly in Geno's favor. 

42 minutes ago, Pac said:

Just remember, the biggest moment of Geno Smith's life occurred on Fitz Patrick's Day.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Whatchomean "backup"?

Geno is surely going to compete (fair chances) with Eli for the #1 job, right?  And the Giants clearly have Weaponz (Marshall!)

Gonna be a tough camp for Eli to win the job tbqh, I put the odds strongly in Geno's favor. 

What about Josh Johnson?  How is this fair to him?  Geno is on his way to the Hall Of Fame and Josh is justanotherguy who is going to make appearances at summer camps thrown by third string defensive ends?  It's not right.

SAR I

Archived