Geno Visiting Giants

JetsFanatic

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Completely correct.

The Sanchez haters are fun.  They have this "he was carried by the defense" narrative but conveniently forget that in 2010 the Jets only went 11-5 because Mark Sanchez and the offense saved the overrated Rex Ryan defense on 5 occasions.  They should be duct taped, gagged, and thrown in a Jets beanbag chair and forced to watch the Texans, Broncos, Lions, Browns, and Steelers games all of which don't go the Jets way if not for Mark Sanchez' uncanny 4th quarter heroics.

The 2010 Jets defense played well enough to get us to 6-10.  Mark Sanchez led the offense to get us to 11-5, second best record in team history, leading directly to the epic wins at Indianapolis and at New England.

SAR I

The loser had to "come back" because he didn't put points on the board in the first half of games.  Had he done his job, he wouldn't have been in those holes.  

Mark Sanchez "led the offense" my ass.  He was one of the worst QBs in the league that year.  25 other QBs could have led the Jets to an 11-5 or better record that year.   

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Have the Giants signed Geno yet?

They were going to but Geno turned his clock back instead of forward on the wrong day and arrived late for his meeting. This was just leaked out by SI.com. They wanted to spare Geno and the NFL embarrassment.   Not fake news!

9 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

The loser had to "come back" because he didn't put points on the board in the first half of games.  Had he done his job, he wouldn't have been in those holes.  

Mark Sanchez "led the offense" my ass.  He was one of the worst QBs in the league that year.  25 other QBs could have led the Jets to an 11-5 or better record that year.   

Preach on.  In at least two of those thrilling comebacks, Sanchez threw interceptions inside of 2 minutes.  Also, lol at the Steeler game where the Jets won 22-17 and scored on a kick return and safety. They'd have been 13-3 with Kyle Orton!

40 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Fooling yourself to support a narrative you've boxed yourself into only gets worse over time.

Mark Sanchez is the second-greatest quarterback in New York Jets history.  Perhaps after a few more 5-11 and 4-12 campaigns you'll begin to realize this.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

geno-smith-jay-to-the-z.jpg

"If ya'll call my boi Geno for an interview I'll getcha autograff Bey Lemonade CD yo."

SAR I

Do more do more!!

What happens when they go to their favorite fast food place..  you know the one!

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

geno-smith-jay-to-the-z.jpg

"If ya'll call my boi Geno for an interview I'll getcha autograff Bey Lemonade CD yo."

SAR I

So, are you fluent in modern day jive talk... or did you plug this into the new translator on Whitehouse.gov that replaced all the resources, like weather data?

13 minutes ago, Pac said:

Do more do more!!

What happens when they go to their favorite fast food place..  you know the one!

Taco Bell is the best fast food ever created. I could eat that sh*t for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner every day. I don't though, cause I dont want to be a fat boy. Is that the one you were talking about?

It's clear there are some Sanchez supporters who will just blindly defend the guy and pretend he was good using every excuse in the book, giving him credit for any offensive success, blaming or burying anyone and everyone else in an effort to protect the guy. It is what it is and these people aren't worth debating on this subject.

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, are you fluent in modern day jive talk... or did you plug this into the new translator on Whitehouse.gov that replaced all the resources, like weather data?

I'm a big Fetty Wap fan.  If you have Netflix, check out the documentary "Hip-Hop Evolution", it's excellent.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's clear there are some Pennington/Sanchez/Geno supporters who will just blindly defend the guy....

FYP.

When you have a history of disapointment at QB, you'll have a history of fans emotionally investing in a guy and refusing to admit the guy failed.  

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm a big Fetty Wap fan.  If you have Netflix, check out the documentary "Hip-Hop Evolution", it's excellent.

SAR I

Netflix is for the masses. I get this sh*t sent to me from the production companies. Saw it a long time ago, before it was released. 

Came across as "the history of urban cultural appropriation for white folks" to me.

11 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's clear there are some Sanchez supporters who will just blindly defend the guy and pretend he was good using every excuse in the book, giving him credit for any offensive success, blaming or burying anyone and everyone else in an effort to protect the guy. It is what it is and these people aren't worth debating on this subject.

The experts tell me that in order to make the playoffs and make it through a few rounds you need a franchise quarterback.  I mean, it's like all we talk about in these parts.  Franchise this, franchise that.  Let's give Bryce Petty a full year tryout in live NFL games.  Gotta prove out whether he has franchise QB potential.  Suck for Sam.  Blow an entire season just to draft a kid to give him the full Petty treatment of a full year tryout in live NFL games.  Redshirt Hackenberg.  He's got to get some cobwebs out of his head from Penn State, needs nurturing before being set loose.  I get it.  I'm onboard.

So....

We draft a 22 year old junior, throw him into the fire, full Petty treatment and, what, he didn't do well enough?  Winning 20 games in 2 years wasn't a good enough audition?  Wait, 4 playoff wins didn't show you he has potential?  Arguably being the best Jet on the field in consecutive AFC Championship Games means nothing too? 

There are people who did the franchise quarterback happy dog dance because Geno Smith went 8-8.  There are people who will do cartwheels if Bryce Petty goes 7-9.  There are people who will rename their children if Christian Hackenberg goes 6-10.

But the Mark Sanchez audition that led to 20 wins in two seasons, a 16-4 run best in team history, an 11 win season second best in team history, consecutive AFC Championship Game appearances for the first time in team history, 4 playoff wins in 2 years first time in team history, oh, that was nothing, that was sh*t, we should have done better, if Mark Sanchez was going to impress me he'd have had to go 32-0 with 2 Super Bowl wins and 2 Super Bowl MVP's.  Then I'd believe he might be a franchise caliber prospect at age 22.

You people get what you deserve.  You truly do.  You had a 3rd year quarterback who passed every audition and you ran him out of town because the Buttfumble embarassed you on ESPN.  And you'd think that after Geno and after Fitzpatrick you'd learn.  Tough times ahead.  It's what you wanted.  Hope you're happy.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

FYP.

When you have a history of disapointment at QB, you'll have a history of fans emotionally investing in a guy and refusing to admit the guy failed.  

Mark Sanchez failed.  I do not deny this.  I don't have an emotional vesting in the kid.  I merely saw with my own eyes the type of QB play that we have only seen in spurts from one-season-wonders like Tesaverde, Pennington, Favre, and Fitzpatrick.  Difference being, Sanchez was ascending, he was only 24, he wasn't old (Testaverde, Favre, Fitzpatrick) and he wasn't beat up (Pennington) and unlike those others he showed he could consistently win games, win high pressure games, win playoff games, bounce back from tough losses, execute 4th quarter comebacks and he had a high ceiling, he was just getting started.

The question that haunts is if finding the franchise quarterback has been the New York Jets quest for 50 years, why on Earth did we give up so quickly on a kid who passed the 2 year audition so well?

You can't tell me Year 3 and Year 4 he was given the same opportunity to succeed nor can you tell me that with Tony Sparano, Tim Tebow, Chaz Schillenz, Clyde Gates, and Stephen Hill he should have been able to overcome and still win plenty of games.  Those guys were not even NFL caliber, they were out of the league almost immediately.  Mark Sanchez was scapegoated, railroaded, and punted out of town to cover for Rex Ryan's defensive deficiencies and a twitchy fanbase that had no tolerance for being picked on by ESPN every night.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

And your point was proven when all of those assets were taken away and Sanchez regressed.

You can't debate that because that is fact.

Nothing is proven.  We all know there will be a drop off with fewer weapons.

My point is made in even with weapons he had bottommof the league stats.  

Facts are facts

The problem with all the weapnz talk is that Sanchez had weapons in 2011.  He still sucked.  Holmes, Keller, Burriss, Tomlinson, Kerley.  Schillens, Gates and Hill weren't even on the 2011 team.  Yeah he buttfumbled.  He also regular fumbled as much as anyone in the league.  He got paid and he never stepped up. 

16 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Adam Caplan‏ @caplannfl

QB Josh Johnson signing with the Giants, per his agent, @DHendrickson41.

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet

The #Giants have signed QB Josh Johnson to a 2-year deal, per agent

screen-shot-2013-04-25-at-10-34-57-pm1.p

Geno Smith can't even get tapped in the First Round of the free agent draft!  He's falling again!

Ha ha ha ha ha!  His destiny is to forever be stuck in the green room.

SAR I

39 minutes ago, SAR I said:

screen-shot-2013-04-25-at-10-34-57-pm1.p

Geno Smith can't even get tapped in the First Round of the free agent draft!  He's falling again!

Ha ha ha ha ha!  His destiny is to forever be stuck in the green room.

SAR I

Idziot's 1 pick alone in that draft set the franchise back 10 years forget about the rest of the damage he did.

Giants Expected To Sign QB Geno Smith

Jordan Raanan and Adam Schefter are reporting that the Giants are expected to sign former Jets QB Geno Smith.

The Giants brought Smith in for a visit last week, so he was clearly on their radar as a potential addition.

Earlier in the day, the Giants signed Josh Johnson to a contract, which makes it seem like the Giants could hold a competition for the backup job to Eli Manning.

Smith, 26, is a former second-round pick of the Jets back in 2013. He played out the final year of his four-year, $5.019 million contract and was testing the open market as an unrestricted free agent for the first time in his career.

In 2016, Smith appeared in two games and completed 8-of-14 passes (57.1 percent) for 126 yards, one touchdown and an interception.

Easy to see why the Giants win SB's. They upgrade their positions with better talent than what is already there.

The Jets get to keep the worst QB's on their roster. Kaepernick is now the best QB on the market. May have already been before Smith flew out of here. Choosing QB's by how the fans think is quickest way to get fired. Another 2nd round draft pick that the Jets failed to develop and now is picked up by a team that wins SB's.

7 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Easy to see why the Giants win SB's. They upgrade their positions with better talent than what is already there.

The Jets get to keep the worst QB's on their roster. Kaepernick is now the best QB on the market. May have already been before Smith flew out of here. Choosing QB's by how the fans think is quickest way to get fired. Another 2nd round draft pick that the Jets failed to develop and now is picked up by a team that wins SB's.

I agree, Geno will definitely get the Giants over the hump this year for another SB.

6 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Please spare us.  Both Smith and Josh Johnson suck.  The Giants did a fabulous job developing Ryan Nassib, didn't they?  4th round pick like Petty too.  Kaepernick sucks ass too otherwise he'd have a job.  QUestionable talent with a very bad attitude.  No thank you.  

4 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I agree, Geno will definitely get the Giants over the hump this year for another SB.

You miss the whole point. The Giants upgrade to better players than what they already have. The Jets get to keep the worst QB's on their roster. 

Upgrading to better players brings titles. Getting worse at positions makes a team the Jets.

6 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

....and 15 years from now when Geno Smith is enshrined in the Hall Of Fame we will be sooooo upset.

SAR I

Archived