Benjamin Allbright claims word is Jets likely to draft a first round QB

Jetsbb

10 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

My question was more rhetorical. It's hard to see the Jets and that 89 Cowboys team being anywhere comparable. 

Macc is on his 3rd season. Putting the bad signings aside, the only starters that Macc has drafted was Leo Williams, Jordan Jenkins and our Punter. The Jets are desperate for Offensive talent/weapons yet the top 6 picks he's had (rounds 1-3 in 2015/16) 4 of those 6 picks are on the defensive side of the ball. The 2 offensive picks is Hackenberg which is a project and Devin Smith who's suddenly become Mr. Glass from the Movie "Unbreakable."

When your biggest draft standouts is a DLineman which was already the strength of the team along with a punter....things are looking pretty bleak. 

Im not liking Macc's direction at all. 

You know this is BS right? Yes, we have Williams is a pro-bowl DL; Lee is starting ILB; Jenkins starting OLB; Edwards - Punter but how about Deon Simon - likely to start at NT; Burris is likely our #2 CB; Shell should be our starting RT; Peake is our #3 WR (assuming we cut Decker) and UDFA - Robbie Anderson is our #2 WR. 

If half of these players take the next step this year and we add 1 or 2 more pieces this year, there is no way you can fire Macc after this year. Bowles for sure if he keeps up his idiotic decision making on Sundays but not Macc. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

My name is villain. Some confuse me with being a nihilist...but im just the opposite to an protagonist...which would make me an antagonist. sh*t, its in my screen name..."Villain" or "Foe"! lol. 

:-)

no we just hate you cuz of the Glennon love.....:wacko:

9 minutes ago, C Mart said:

In some ways I want my QB to be arrogant and a jerk sometimes.  IMO that seemed to be Sanchez problem.  He was too nice. 

I'd guess the situation you described  happens to a lot of QBs in college. They're 20 yr old kids w/a BMOC attitude. As for peers. Who knows. Could be some jealousy. Again, he was BMOC.  

He could have transferred w/o having to sit out a yr due to the sanctions but he did stay. He stayed, got the sh*t kicked out of him weekly but still got up and took the next snap. 

Does that mean he's the answer?  No. But let's see how the year plays out. He's not and won't be at the end of this season a finished product. People will neeed to accept and realize that.  But many won't. 

I totally agree with you.  Aaron Rogers is arrogant.   You don't think Brady can be arrogant?  You don't think Joe Montana was arrogant?  He commanded that team, which had some huge personalities.

Dan Fouts wore a hat that said HMFiC.

That stood for Head Mother F@%#^$& in Charge.   Just in case anyone wasn't sure.

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I didnt interject on his behalf, you decided after I interjected on my behalf to then do what you claim he did. Which, I was able to play along with and prove that either way it wont end well. 

And the 89 cowboys example was a poor one given that it doesnt work once you look at the context. The Jets are not in a similar situation...no matter how this started. 

I never said that you said anything, I said to explain your statement...which you are now doing via clarification. You dont need boggley eyes to understand the difference. 

Also the Jets in respect to the team situation overall is most definitely in that 1989 year...they're a poor team. However the guys managing/coaching this team arent in that year 1 situation...which is what I was explaining was the difference when viewed correctly. 

The team that went 10-6 is meaningless today given that their follow up was a 12 million dollar contract to a JAG, a fat Darrelle Revis, no D'Brick, a finished Mangold and a 5-11 record. 2015 isnt going to save anyone. 

We disagree. Jets are rebuilding, I think the FO is safe, CS not so much. I think it will be a travesty if Jets go QB @ #6 overall. 

I'm done typing for now and have to go out and get that bacon. 

Just now, JetFreak89 said:

You know this is BS right? Yes, we have Williams is a pro-bowl DL; Lee is starting ILB; Jenkins starting OLB; Edwards - Punter but how about Deon Simon - likely to start at NT; Burris is likely our #2 CB; Shell should be our starting RT; Peake is our #3 WR (assuming we cut Decker) and UDFA - Robbie Anderson is our #2 WR. 

If half of these players take the next step this year and we add 1 or 2 more pieces this year, there is no way you can fire Macc after this year. Bowles for sure if he keeps up his idiotic decision making on Sundays but not Macc. 

If I go back and read my quote, I bet my bottom dollar that I mentioned Big Cat Williams as well as Jordan Jenkins and Lac Edwards. So how is that "BS"? 

You know whats BS? Saying that Darron Lee is a starter. He's not. You know what's BS? Trying to "pad your stats" by calling Deon Simon a "likely starter". He either is or he isnt. 

Simon, Burris, Shell, Peake, Anderson are alot of things....but you know what you CANT call them during the time of this conversation? STARTERS. 

I like Anderson. dude should have had a freak year if it wasnt for Macc's poor decision at QB and lack of dealing with the holes on the oline. At the end of the day though, Quincy Enunwa and Eric Decker are the starters.

If half these players take the next step, then I can mention in on the forum. But until then please dont call what I said BS. It's just the fact. 

5 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

We disagree. Jets are rebuilding, I think the FO is safe, CS not so much. I think it will be a travesty if Jets go QB @ #6 overall. 

I'm done typing for now and have to go out and get that bacon. 

We dont disagree, the Jets are rebuilding given that they've been in that perpetual rebuild mode under Mike Maccagnan. The CS arent safe, It probably would be a travesty if the Jets go QB at 6. 

I totally understand putting the world on hold for bacon. 

None of the above we're in disagreement with. I guess you forgot what we were talking about. Hurry up and get your bacon. 

56 minutes ago, KRL said:

Thank you!!!  Every year there's a "hot" QB that's coming out the next year and fans want to "tank" for him.  Then the scouts

will pick him apart and then no one wants to draft him.  It's the same pattern every year.  Didn't fans want us to tank last year 

for Watson and now we have a legit shot at him at #6 and no one wants him

I think it was Kizer this time last year.  Trubisky and Watson were barely talked about.  Maybe Watson was a little but I don't remember hearing Trubisky at all this time last year.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Same story with Leinart, Locker, Brohm, etc etc. I don't believe in crowning a man a year away. 

What we can say is -- there's a lot more potential in next year's class. That's pretty obvious. And if my job hung in the balance, i'd be doing everything to maneuver myself into a place to have a swing at 2018, over tying myself to the present batch of overcooked muffins. 

This why tanking isn't realistic nor should be thought at this point .. no one is gonna tank when everyone is trying to keep there's jobs from players to coaches to the GM.. 

5 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Guys are going crazy over the source being allbright .. when 3 beat writers wrote articles about jets interest in Trubisky today . 

Espn claimed it 2 months ago 

Haven't read them but aren't they just "reporting" the Jets will have Trubisky in for a visit as the national media reported yesterday? 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

It's hearsay for sure, but this young man had no reason to lie, in fact he gave Hack the benefit of the doubt.  Plus, he is not the only Penn State grad who went to school with him that knows my kids that said he wasn't well liked.  Two others said, yeah, he's an a-hole.  And I'm not saying any of this matters to how good he will be as a QB, but we should not be buying in to the assumption that Hack is a "high character guy".  Sure he hung around a deteriorating program.  That proves nothing.  so it's all conjecture.

And we shouldn't make too much out of 20 yr olds calling another an ahole. 

Who hasn't been called an ahole? 

Only the GMs really know what to make of these QBs.

Pull up the Mock Drafts from 2013.  Most had Geno in the first round.  He just fell, and we can see why.

At 6 one or more of the QBs could be there.   Macc will have a view.  But this is also a 32 team League that establishes a market for these players and picks.  Even if the Jets do not necessarily like the QBs, they will know how the rest of the league feels, because their phone will light up with trade offers. 

But my gut tells me that despite thinking that Trubisky could fall to 6, someone will pick up prior, even if it is a trade up, and Watson will fall lower because his likelihood of immediate success is lower. 

Just my gut.

Adams, Howard and Hooker all walk onto the field in September and make the Jets a much better team and fill gaping holes or problems in the roster.   

7 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Haven't read them but aren't they just "reporting" the Jets will have Trubisky in for a visit as the national media reported yesterday? 

According to Manish scout source we love him . 

I didn't get a chance to ready Kim's article 

Conor doesn't think it's a good Sign for Hack jets are even having visits with Watson and Trubisky 

Cimini was one of the first to say we really like Trubisky 

31 minutes ago, SAR I said:

C3rStkMWAAE55ds.jpg

Mitch Trubisky is a massive Cleveland Browns fan.  His hometown of Mentor Ohio is 29 minutes from Cleveland.

Uh oh.

SAR I

Which is why so many folks think he'll either go at #12 to Cleveland, or that Cleveland will pull off some trade to still get him without giving up the #1 pick overall.

Just now, Scoop24 said:

Conor doesn't think it's a good Sign for Hack jets are even having visits with Watson and Trubisky 

Manish doesn't know what a source is. He has an imaginary friend named Larry he talks to at lunch. Kid is off the reservation and is totally unprofessional.

Conor jumps to conclusions all the time. Seems like he actually has the interests of the Jets at heart in how he goes about reporting and can be somewhat constructive with spurts of being an condescending agitator for clicks.

Cimini is the Godfather of the trolls. He's always the first person to say something because all he does is speculate.

Kimmy is just Kimmie. She doesn't quite get that she is just a tabloid journalist yet.

9 minutes ago, varjet said:

Only the GMs really know what to make of these QBs.

Pull up the Mock Drafts from 2013.  Most had Geno in the first round.  He just fell, and we can see why.

At 6 one or more of the QBs could be there.   Macc will have a view.  But this is also a 32 team League that establishes a market for these players and picks.  Even if the Jets do not necessarily like the QBs, they will know how the rest of the league feels, because their phone will light up with trade offers. 

But my gut tells me that despite thinking that Trubisky could fall to 6, someone will pick up prior, even if it is a trade up, and Watson will fall lower because his likelihood of immediate success is lower. 

Just my gut.

Adams, Howard and Hooker all walk onto the field in September and make the Jets a much better team and fill gaping holes or problems in the roster.   

Geno Smith was worth a 2nd round pick, but if you saw the offense he played in at WV, you would have never let him near an NFL offense this rookie year.  Folks who get paid to make those decisions, saw him throw a football and decided it was the thing to do. 

What I just posted and what the Jets are doing with Christian Hackenberg is why I have hope for this regime .

13 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I just find it hard to believe a Jet "source" is divulging any of this info. The best writers aren't even in the know regarding FA signings. 

Now that doesn't mean they do or don't like a player but I just think they're all speculating. And to say it's not a good sign for Hack is ridiculous. Conor hasn't seen him, nobody has. 

I'll go back to what I said earlier.  Mention QB & NY Jets and people's eyes and ears wake up. 

I don't get all the fuss about the QB's is though. We can all agree that we need a QB right? Regardless of Macc's feelings on them, he and the rest of the staff is paid to look at them very, very closely. Whether a smokescreen or not, it's what they are paid to do. 

7 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

They all know nothing. None of them even knew about the Jets visits until after the Jets themselves announced it. Then they would say "source confirms". 

Having visits with the QBs mean nothing in regards to Hack or Petty. This team hasn't had a legit QB in over a decade. They'd be stupid not to look at them just because they drafted one in the 2nd round last year. 

53 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

If I go back and read my quote, I bet my bottom dollar that I mentioned Big Cat Williams as well as Jordan Jenkins and Lac Edwards. So how is that "BS"? 

You know whats BS? Saying that Darron Lee is a starter. He's not. You know what's BS? Trying to "pad your stats" by calling Deon Simon a "likely starter". He either is or he isnt. 

Simon, Burris, Shell, Peake, Anderson are alot of things....but you know what you CANT call them during the time of this conversation? STARTERS. 

I like Anderson. dude should have had a freak year if it wasnt for Macc's poor decision at QB and lack of dealing with the holes on the oline. At the end of the day though, Quincy Enunwa and Eric Decker are the starters.

If half these players take the next step, then I can mention in on the forum. But until then please dont call what I said BS. It's just the fact. 

So because you don't like certain players that means they aren't starters? Umm okay. Right now, Anderson is a starter because Decker hasn't seen the field of play in how long and is recovering from multiple surgeries. 

That Glennon thing really got your panties in a bunch huh? 

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

I just find it hard to believe a Jet "source" is divulging any of this info. The best writers aren't even in the know regarding FA signings. 

Now that doesn't mean they do or don't like a player but I just think they're all speculating. And to say it's not a good sign for Hack is ridiculous. Conor hasn't seen him, nobody has. 

Mill go back to what I said earlier.  Mention QB & NY Jets and people's eyes and ears wake up. 

The NY Jets sent their QBs coach and a contingent of their scouting department to North Carolina to the pro day of Mitchell Trubisky  . On the same day, there was a Pro day at Boston College and the Jets had people there talking to an unknown prospect name Patrick Towles  . One guy is considered a mid to late 1st round prospect who will probably be drafted higher and the other guy is considered an UDFA .  

I wonder who was at the BC Pro day .

15 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Manish doesn't know what a source is. He has an imaginary friend named Larry he talks to at lunch. Kid is off the reservation and is totally unprofessional.

Conor jumps to conclusions all the time. Seems like he actually has the interests of the Jets at heart in how he goes about reporting and can be somewhat constructive with spurts of being an condescending agitator for clicks.

Cimini is the Godfather of the trolls. He's always the first person to say something because all he does is speculate.

Kimmy is just Kimmie. She doesn't quite get that she is just a tabloid journalist yet.

Sooth, you should just get JI working again instead of trying to make a name for yourself here.

SAR I

3 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

I don't know about this. Based on the McCown signing, it seems that Mac wants Petty and Hack to fight it out for the starting job.  Drafting a QB in the first round would meant that Mac is admitting a mistake with Hackenberg, and I'm not sure that he's willing to do that, at least not yet.  That being said, if he believes there's a QB in this draft that he thinks can be a day one starter and is available at #6, I'm all for drafting him!

That's not what it means.  Since when is a second round QB a savior?  The odds are against a second round QB turning into a good starting QB.  GMs know this.  The Panthers selected Jimmy Clausen high in the second round one year and then drafted Cam Newton #1 overall the year after.  You don't pass on a good QB prospect because you have a second round QB who may or may not develop.

28 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Kim admits it's just a check to pay her bills. 

1 hour ago, Jet Blast said:

I completely agree with you (and that is rare) EXCEPT for your last paragraph. Based on recent history I think that it is the Jets' intent to play their cards close to the vest. I have no idea who or what position the Jets will pick.

I can't remember anyone that had or even reported/speculated the Jets interest in DLee last yr. 

34 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

But we all know who's REALLY to blame for this shoddy journalism. Right Mel?

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

So an 10-20 year old kid who has basically been catered too his entire life acts like a kid and he's a jerk.  Take what you just posted and compare it to a kid who had every chance to back out of his commitment when all hell broke loose at State College but stayed and honored his commitment to his detriment .

What you posted is hear-say . What I posted is actual facts .

And I believe I recall Saban, through back channels, wanted him to transfer to Alabama once the sanctions were announced. 

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So we could wind up with Hackenberg and Trubisky and still not have a Jew quarterback.

SOJ

SAR I

There's always next year.  I wouldn't be shocked if he's #1 overall by end of season either. All it would take to even the field is one brutal game by Sam on a big stage.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

But we all know who's REALLY to blame for this shoddy journalism. Right Mel?

Weak little nerds who were never really good enough to actually play sports and then wasted good money and a chance at a good education on a ******* journalism or communications degree to talk about it for a living? 

I hope you don't take offense to that too. I'm all out of kleenex and hugs for you sweetie.

8 minutes ago, C Mart said:

And I believe I recall Saban, through back channels, wanted him to transfer to Alabama once the sanctions were announced. 

100%.  He made him an offer out of High School and didnt stop trying to get him down to Bama once the sanctions were announced. 

Archived