Benjamin Allbright claims word is Jets likely to draft a first round QB

Jetsbb

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, C Mart said:

I just find it hard to believe a Jet "source" is divulging any of this info. The best writers aren't even in the know regarding FA signings. 

Now that doesn't mean they do or don't like a player but I just think they're all speculating. And to say it's not a good sign for Hack is ridiculous. Conor hasn't seen him, nobody has. 

I'll go back to what I said earlier.  Mention QB & NY Jets and people's eyes and ears wake up. 

I take it with a grain of salt I don't think any one had us taking Lee.. but  like I said it wouldn't surprise me if the jets took at QB.

6 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I take it with a grain of salt I don't think any one had us taking Lee.. but  like I said it wouldn't surprise me if the jets took at QB.

Based on us reading the tea leaves...rebuild, McCown, Woody's comments, Macc's seemingly secure job....I'd be somewhat surprised.  But if you actually like him, you gotta roll the dice. At least you don't have to trade up.  Worst case it's just another bust, going all Redskins on it and having it blow up in your face is WAY worse. Rams should be very worried.

I hope we are just baiting the browns to give us 12 and #33 overall and maybe recover a 4th.

12 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Based on us reading the tea leaves...rebuild, McCown, Woody's comments, Macc's seemingly secure job....I'd be somewhat surprised.  But if you actually like him, you gotta roll the dice. At least you don't have to trade up.  Worst case it's just another bust, going all Redskins on it and having it blow up in your face is WAY worse. Rams should be very worried.

I hope we are just baiting the browns to give us 12 and #33 overall and maybe recover a 4th.

I'm guessing Mcc gets a 4 somehow (at least 1 additional pick if not more) by trading down and/or dealing SR, Pryor. 

At the very least he could trade down from #70 to get a 4th similar to 2015 draft when he got a 3rd, 4th, 7th and WR Posey

1 hour ago, Lil Woody said:

Agreed. IMHO I think they're just doing their due diligence on these guys but ultimately they go BPA. 

They sent 4 guys to Paxton Lynch's pro day and passed on him: http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2016/04/eagles_and_jets_among_teams_at_paxton_lynchs_pro_d.html 

They sent 3 guys to watch Connor Cook too: http://jetswire.usatoday.com/2016/03/18/jets-send-qb-coach-kevin-patullo-three-scouts-to-watch-connor-cooks-pro-day/

well one of them needs to fall to the Jets because I do not think either of them are worth moving up for. Esp when we are rebuilding. I would rather go oline and build that up or lber but I am not following the draft so it I am just going by gut reaction I do not know who is worth what other then based on my reading online which hypes everyone

9 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Wasn't it roughly this time last year that the leaks came out how gay Maccagnan et al. were for Hackenberg? 

It was Paxton Lynch.  Macc and his entire entourage were at everything he did. 

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

And what happens if all of them are gone before we pick .

It is possible that all three of Adams, Hooker and Howard are gone at 6. Garrett will definitely be gone at 6.  If the other player picked is Trubisky, then the Jets at 6 are in a bit of a conundrum.

The call should be the best WR or Solomon Thomas if they know how they are going to use him.  Could be Reuben Foster.  Could be Fournette.

It should not be Deshaun Watson or Jonathan Allen.

All the mocks show Allen getting picked in the top 5.  Remember how the Jets got Leo at 6-I can see teams souring slightly at picking these DTs high.  The draft board could look exactly above.  I hope Macc does not BPA Allen.

That also leaves Lattimore, who fills a clear need.  He can be a career killer though.

20 minutes ago, varjet said:

It is possible that all three of Adams, Hooker and Howard are gone at 6. Garrett will definitely be gone at 6.  If the other player picked is Trubisky, then the Jets at 6 are in a bit of a conundrum.

The call should be the best WR or Solomon Thomas if they know how they are going to use him.  Could be Reuben Foster.  Could be Fournette.

It should not be Deshaun Watson or Jonathan Allen.

All the mocks show Allen getting picked in the top 5.  Remember how the Jets got Leo at 6-I can see teams souring slightly at picking these DTs high.  The draft board could look exactly above.  I hope Macc does not BPA Allen.

That also leaves Lattimore, who fills a clear need.  He can be a career killer though.

According to Fatcessa Trubisky won't even fall to 6 now.  Someone drinking stupid juice probably the 49ers

Much ado about nothing. This guy posts a tweet and We all go nuts. Mission accomplished. If they draft Watson I won't be upset about it like some but feel this is misdirection on the Jets part or just plain bullsh*t speculation on the authors part. Just draft offense with the #6 and I will be happy. The draft is too deep at key defensive positions to draft a defensive player at #6. You will be able to get quality in the later rounds.

3 hours ago, Tinstar said:

And what happens if all of them are gone before we pick .

Odds are they won't be. If they are Mike Williams is a logical pick, Lattimore really scares me tbh he's got a bad injury history. Not really sure what to do if they're all gone but I think there's a better chance of 1 our of 3 being there than there is of all 3 being gone hopefully lol

7 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

So because you don't like certain players that means they aren't starters? Umm okay. Right now, Anderson is a starter because Decker hasn't seen the field of play in how long and is recovering from multiple surgeries. 

That Glennon thing really got your panties in a bunch huh? 

The continuous reference to Mike Glennon when people are wrong is hilarious. Darron Lee was benched for Erin Henderson and Lee played coming off of the bench. 

I never said I didn't like him, I pointed out facts while others point out would-be fantasies and talk more about Glennon than I do as pitiful responses as some sort of hit below the belt. Lol

11 minutes ago, Blaq218 said:

Lol this is clearly a smokescreen. Hopefully Chicago bites.

Well that would be the only chance Trubisky has.  If he goes to SF or Chicago, he'll be able to sit. He is very inexperienced and will have a huge learning curve.

If the Jets take him, he will probably be starting by Oct which won't bode well for him or the Jets.

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The continuous reference to Mike Glennon when people are wrong is hilarious. Darron Lee was benched for Erin Henderson and Lee played coming off of the bench. 

I never said I didn't like him, I pointed out facts while others point out would-be fantasies and talk more about Glennon than I do as pitiful responses as some sort of hit below the belt. Lol

Yea you are getting a crapload for glennon. 

youll feel better when he has that good year

I'm not talking about Glennon as a hit below the belt, in fact if you go back to some of the threads you started on him you will find I agreed with you about him. I'm just trying to figure out why you are getting so salty about my response when you are clearly arguing semantics.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay believes it would be a mistake for the Jets to draft QB Mitchell Trubisky with the sixth pick. "Do you think the Jets, in that market, with their quarterback need, with their lack of supporting cast right now, is a good situation for Trubisky?" McShay said this morning on Mike & Mike. "To me, he needs to go to a team like the Los Angeles Chargers or Arizona Cardinals, where they have a veteran in place now. That can allow him to sit. Put him in the witness protection program. Give him a year or two to learn the game and study and be ready to take over down the line."

3 hours ago, Pcola said:

It was Paxton Lynch.  Macc and his entire entourage were at everything he did. 

No it was Hackenberg. They set up their own private workout with him towards the end of March, and then they went out with him to a PSU college bar or something like that. That's on top of his pro day. It was no secret Maccagnan had serious interest. 

40 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay believes it would be a mistake for the Jets to draft QB Mitchell Trubisky with the sixth pick. "Do you think the Jets, in that market, with their quarterback need, with their lack of supporting cast right now, is a good situation for Trubisky?" McShay said this morning on Mike & Mike. "To me, he needs to go to a team like the Los Angeles Chargers or Arizona Cardinals, where they have a veteran in place now. That can allow him to sit. Put him in the witness protection program. Give him a year or two to learn the game and study and be ready to take over down the line."

My question is simple. With McCown , Petty and Hackenberg on the roster, why exactly can't the Jets do exactly this ?

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

This is precisely what the Jets should have done with Sanchez....

Whether we as a fan base have that kind of patience remains to be seen..

5 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Whether we as a fan base have that kind of patience remains to be seen..

I think that has already been established no? This fanbase is a spoiled child. We want everything now now now.  I mean...Why have patience when you can try to take the shortcuts via FA and trades? That's worked out so well for us to this point.  Let's keep it going. Yeah?

First post - hope everyone is well tonight.

My question is simple. If the NYJ draft a QB they will:

1.) Cut a QB (name which one)

2.) Carry 4 QBs

I can't see them cutting any of the 3 guys they have. And carrying 4 Qbs (from what i have heard) handicaps pretty much everyone on the depth chart aside from the #1 in terms of practice reps. Drafting another QB is also, to some degree, giving up on Hack which wouldn't bode well for Mr.Macag...

Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

I think that has already been established no? This fanbase is a spoiled child. We want everything now now now.  I mean...Why have patience when you can try to take the shortcuts via FA and trades? That's worked out so well for us to this point.  Let's keep it going. Yeah?

Sanchez in the playoffs and what could have been...

7 minutes ago, MARTIN said:

First post - hope everyone is well tonight.

My question is simple. If the NYJ draft a QB they will:

1.) Cut a QB (name which one)

2.) Carry 4 QBs

I can't see them cutting any of the 3 guys they have. And carrying 4 Qbs (from what i have heard) handicaps pretty much everyone on the depth chart aside from the #1 in terms of practice reps. Drafting another QB is also, to some degree, giving up on Hack which wouldn't bode well for Mr.Macag...

Thoughts?

1. They can cut Petty with minimal blowback.

2. Drafting QB at six is good news for fans. Either the pick works out and you have a QB, or the pick busts and it leaves Woody/Corky no choice but to cut bait with the coach and GM.

Archived