Trade Scenario's

NYDreamer

Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller were discussing 2 trade scenario's for the Jets today on their show:

1. Cleveland trades to the #6 pick they will try to trade their middle 2nd but the Jets will get the 32 pick:  Assuming They already select Myles Garret at 1 and with the 6th pick would take Trubisky. Jets slide to 12 and get the first pick in the 2nd round.
  2. Bengals who sit at 9 trade up with the Jets only if Jonathan Allen slips to the 6th pick.  Jets would get Bengals early round 3rd round pick to move up three spots.  Jets would then pick at 9 possible still getting an impact player.

Thought those were pretty interesting scenario's that could help the team.  Again it all depends on who slips to 6

I'll tell you what will help this team, finding a quarterback. If they for one second think that there's a franchise signal caller in this draft and they trade down just to get an extra second rounder, I promise that I will burn this mother-f*cker to the ground. This franchise being what it is, I really hope that you have your fire insurance paid for @Maxman

25 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

I'll tell you what will help this team, finding a quarterback. If they for one second think that there's a franchise signal caller in this draft and they trade down just to get an extra second rounder, I promise that I will burn this mother-f*cker to the ground. This franchise being what it is, I really hope that you have your fire insurance paid for @Maxman

Please don't make this personal against Max take your argument up with the NY Jets. 

I think these are great options, particularly if they think they will likely get someone in 2018 better than Trubisky.

This also works if they think they can get Mahomes at 9 or 12.  He can sit for awhile while they play Hack.

I this draft there will be a good corner in the 2nd round.

The CBs for Washington and UCLA may be found in the 3rd if we work through their injuries.

Lattimore seems too injury risky for me at 6.  The ghost of Milliner will haunt Macc.  There is no reason to think that a CB who was injured in college will not be injured in the pros.  You can't use the 6th pick for someone with an injury history. A later pick-maybe, but not the 6th.

1 hour ago, NYDreamer said:

Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller were discussing 2 trade scenario's for the Jets today on their show:

1. Cleveland trades to the #6 pick they will try to trade their middle 2nd but the Jets will get the 32 pick:  Assuming They already select Myles Garret at 1 and with the 6th pick would take Trubisky. Jets slide to 12 and get the first pick in the 2nd round.
  2. Bengals who sit at 9 trade up with the Jets only if Jonathan Allen slips to the 6th pick.  Jets would get Bengals early round 3rd round pick to move up three spots.  Jets would then pick at 9 possible still getting an impact player.

Thought those were pretty interesting scenario's that could help the team.  Again it all depends on who slips to 6

I've also read rumors that the Panthers may want to trade up to the 6th spot to grab Fournette if he's there. 

1 hour ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

The mods spent that money on a game of soggy bread. 

1 hour ago, Solocupassassin said:

Trades sound good if marshon lattimore is no longer available. The jets need a star corner in Bowles' defense.

I hope we don't touch Marshon with a 10 foot pole, unless its a late 1st. 

4 minutes ago, IntoTheGreen said:

I don't know the value chart but I'd want a little extra in the Cincy deal. A 3rd is nice, and I know it's only 3 slots, but I'd want more. Even if its a mid round pick next year. 

And if Cincy says no? No trade? 

14 minutes ago, C Mart said:

And if Cincy says no? No trade? 

Depends who is still on the board. I wouldn't automatically say no trade because they didn't throw in something extra. I know this draft is deep through the 3rd round and having 3 3's is great. i'd love as many picks as possible in the first 3. But also have to hit that first round pick. Have to weigh controlling our own destiny vs waiting 3 picks. 

4 hours ago, goober36 said:

If the Jets want OJ Howard, Fournette, Cook or any other players they have been linked to, it would be too risky. Trade Sheldon for a 2nd and I'm happy

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

We would all be happy with that. But if they could get even a 3rd for Sheldon I think they would do it.

10 hours ago, Solocupassassin said:

Trades sound good if marshon lattimore is no longer available. The jets need a star corner in Bowles' defense.

here's a thought.  not that they need a really good corner, if they trade out of the 6 spot for a later 1st rounder and then a 2nd they could get (or should get) 2 pretty decent corners instead of just one.  fill the roster with 8 or 9 point players and let some other team deal with the 10 pointers.

56 minutes ago, rangerous said:

here's a thought.  not that they need a really good corner, if they trade out of the 6 spot for a later 1st rounder and then a 2nd they could get (or should get) 2 pretty decent corners instead of just one.  fill the roster with 8 or 9 point players and let some other team deal with the 10 pointers.

I really hope this is the route we go at DB ... bring in 2 CBs and t least 1 safety, but not from Rd 1 (unless it's a real no-brainer). Get the whole secondary up to "good enough" level rather than having one side "superstar" good and the other side "JAG" good.

Round 1 - offensive play-maker please. :D 

13 hours ago, varjet said:

I think these are great options, particularly if they think they will likely get someone in 2018 better than Trubisky.

This also works if they think they can get Mahomes at 9 or 12.  He can sit for awhile while they play Hack.

If the JETS select Mahomes at 9 or 12, odds are he is starting. --- well any QB in the top of round 1

13 hours ago, varjet said:

NO.....What is it with some of you guys and picking Pat Mahomes in the 1st Round!

The guy is a 2nd round prospect AT BEST.  You pick him in the 1st, that is worse than picking Hack in the middle of the 2nd round last year.

49 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

NO.....What is it with some of you guys and picking Pat Mahomes in the 1st Round!

The guy is a 2nd round prospect AT BEST.  You pick him in the 1st, that is worse than picking Hack in the middle of the 2nd round last year.

Not true hes moving up. HE WILL BE GONE BY PICK 20 BANK ON THAT HOSER

Archived