Do you support Christian Hackenberg and think he's the answer to our franchise QB need?

joewilly12

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I am going to stop you right there you honestly just put Carson wentz tyrod Taylor and Andy Dalton in the same category as Brady Rodgers and brees? If that is your definition of elite than hack could very easily be our guy lol you should probably think before spewing garbage out on the forums like that

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Please READ.  I said A to B+ rated QB's. Don't tell me you don't think Dalton or Taylor or Wentz (being he's raw but has unlimited potential) aren't in the 2nd tier of QB's in this league. Most any Jet fan would chip in a few bucks of their pay to get any one of these guys. You should READ before you spew your anger.

9 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Please READ.  I said A to B+ rated QB's. Don't tell me you don't think Dalton or Taylor or Wentz (being he's raw but has unlimited potential) aren't in the 2nd tier of QB's in this league. Most any Jet fan would chip in a few bucks of their pay to get any one of these guys. You should READ before you spew your anger.

I would personally rate them like this

A- Brady, Rodgers, Brees with Ryan in the conversation if he continues his production from last year

B- Luck, Stafford, Flacco, Rothlesberger, Rivers, Wilson and i might put Dalton in the conversation.

The next tier i would probably say are serviceable qbs which would land the ones you believe are mediocre but i would also throw unproven QBs in there such as Wentz and taylor. Hackenburg could easily be as good as Wentz he was regarded as a much better prospect than Wentz going into college and he has a higher ceiling than Wentz does (if you think Wentz has unlimited potential than you should be super excited we got hack)

19 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

A- Brady, Rodgers, Brees with Ryan in the conversation if he continues his production from last year

B- Luck, Stafford, Flacco, Rothlesberger, Rivers, Wilson and i might put Dalton in the conversation.

The next tier i would probably say are serviceable qbs which would land the ones you believe are mediocre but i would also throw unproven QBs in there such as Wentz and taylor. Hackenburg could easily be as good as Wentz he was regarded as a much better prospect than Wentz going into college and he has a higher ceiling than Wentz does (if you think Wentz has unlimited potential than you should be super excited we got hack)

Wentz is light years ahead of Hacysack. As is Taylor. I'd take either of them in a hearbeat. And NO they are NOT average. Easily in the B class. Any NFL analyst would laugh at such a statement that they are unproven. I like your posts.....except on this matter.

2 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

It's become very clear over the years that that JDub lives in a 19th-century black and white western where morality is dichotomized to right or wrong, absolutely no grey area. You do you J Deezy.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

I'll be rooting against him.

I have previously stated that I think he was a poor pick and will not pan out and ultimately the Jets success is of less importance to me than being right on the internet.

Hey, at least your honest

Wentz is light years ahead of Hacysack. As is Taylor. I'd take either of them in a hearbeat. And NO they are NOT average. Easily in the B class. Any NFL analyst would laugh at such a statement that they are unproven. I like your posts.....except on this matter.

I think tyrod is fun to watch and I think he is very talented, I think wentz has franchise qb potential I just can't justify putting them in a category with flacco and Stafford and Wilson and Newton with one year of nfl film to show us just the same as I can't write of hackenburg without seeing him take a single nfl snap he can easily be better than wentz or Taylor and yes I too if I had the choice right now would take either one over him

I support Hackenberg and will lose my voice rooting for him every Sunday, but the organization better make sure they get a good at him and start him all year.  I don't want to see McCown on the field for the first few weeks until they think Hack is "ready."  Throw him out there day 1 and let him sink or swim. 

Do I think he's the answer?  My gut tells me he's not but how glorious would it be if he is????

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

I think tyrod is fun to watch and I think he is very talented, I think wentz has franchise qb potential I just can't justify putting them in a category with flacco and Stafford and Wilson and Newton with one year of nfl film to show us just the same as I can't write of hackenburg without seeing him take a single nfl snap he can easily be better than wentz or Taylor and yes I too if I had the choice right now would take either one over him

Wentz's upside is thru the roof. And Taylor is very good at taking care of the ball and himself. He is no RGIII. I would be very surprised if Hack even sees the field this year. Petty is way ahead of him on the QB chart. And if we go into 2018 with a top 3 pick they're practically both expendable. 

Wentz's upside is thru the roof. And Taylor is very good at taking care of the ball and himself. He is no RGIII. I would be very surprised if Hack even sees the field this year. Petty is way ahead of him on the QB chart. And if we go into 2018 with a top 3 pick they're practically both expendable. 

If we have a top 5 pick next season one of them will be gone and the other will be our third string behind whatever veteran we bring in. I would be shocked if hack doesn't start before game four this season I believe they saw what they wanted to see from petty last year and that they will have an honest and open qb competition this year.

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

If we have a top 5 pick next season one of them will be gone and the other will be our third string behind whatever veteran we bring in. I would be shocked if hack doesn't start before game four this season I believe they saw what they wanted to see from petty last year and that they will have an honest and open qb competition this year.

If Petty continues to improve he will see playing time and Hack will be CUT after next year

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

D- Brady.  He cheats doesn't count*

3 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

We should all Support him, at the end of the day he is our guy...he is either going to prove all of the haters wrong and become our next franchise qb or prove them right and flop which will help us get the rights to draft our future qb

AGREE not a HATER hoping this kid is the answer to our franchise QB. 

Of course I support Hack and hope like hell he is the answer but I certainly have my doubts.  He has the arm and from what I understand really studies hard which will help his development, but his accuracy needs a lot of work.  Let's keep our fingers crossed.

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Do you think he will be the answer to NY Jets franchise QB need?  

Image result for hackenberg jets pics

Do I support him? Yeah, I'd like to see him on the field before Petty and most definitely McCown. 

Is he any good? I have no idea. This is why we should have drafted a guy like Peterman in the later rounds because you never know what could happen. 

If Hack is the guy then its all good, if Peterman ends up showing something then its all good, if neither then you still have next year.

I dont like the fact that Macc basically made a bad 2nd round pick last year then basically doubled down on that pick by not drafting a QB of Petermans caliber. We can talk about his limited physical traits in comparison to other QB's that came out, but he has the most experience in a pro system of any of the top QB's and he was the clear cut best QB at the Senior Bowl. 

We support him, but Hack must earn whatever he gets. 

Where would Hackenburg gone in this years draft class? After seeing the ransoms paid by the Bears and the Chiefs this year I don't feel as bad about spending a second rounder on Hackenburg. Mind you I don't feel good about it as I still think we could have gotten him in a later round but I just don't feel as bad.

I am actually a big supporter of our Christian Hackenberg but he has some things going against him. That being Josh McCown. Why was he brought in ya gotta wonder. Why did the jets overpay for this guy. I am sure FO has to look at numbers. A very basic number to look at is Josh McCowns record the past 3 years. A towering 2 wins and 22 losses. If Hackenberg/Petty loses out to McCown for the starting job it does not even matter if hack starts mid season or whenever at all. McCowns win loss record is over 3 seasons and he is older it's not going to change...if he starts the 18 draft is when we will have our starting qb. It's almost like McCown was brought in to ensure it.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived