The real nightmare.

EM31

3 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Cool story!!!

Maybe get a QB with the 199th pick or some such sh*t...Usually equals failure.

The Jets will figure out some way to not show up for their own orchestrated event and then someone on here will tell us that the #4 and #5 receivers looked pretty good, or some such.

12 hours ago, EM31 said:

Glad you cleared that up for us then

If not one of the other countless threads or posts saying the same thing should.  We're not tanking for a player

Thank god we have another tank for Sam thread.  Its been a week.

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

the chargers fly east tp play the jets for a 1:00 game christmas eve. if they have nothing to play for they will mail that one in

that is the day we eff it up

Chargers will also be competing for a to 3 pick... and given the Anthony Lynn Rex connection... it might be the Chargers most important game of the year.

Do we currently have the draft experts' scouting scoop on 2nd round "project" QBs expected to come out next year?

I am old enough to remember the excitement surrounding Kellen Clemens or even Browning Nagle if you go back far enough.

Fun times

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

If not one of the other countless threads or posts saying the same thing should.  We're not tanking for a player

Thank god we have another tank for Sam thread.  Its been a week.

Please pay attention Jet Nut.  This is not a thread about whether we should (or should not) tank for Sam.  This is a thread which poses the question about whether or not this franchise is capable of screwing up such a strategy if indeed there is such a strategy.

I do hope you see the difference.

But by all means if you are the arbiter of which threads have merit and which do not, where should I apply in order to get your approval in the future?

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Anyone know what the question was that Herm was responding to here?

why did you punt from the opponents 40 yard line down 3 with 2 minutes to go ?

j/k

"The Jets were 2-5 at the time, and they had just lost to Cleveland. I mean, it was bad. And it was the Wednesday after that game, during his regular press conference. We were asking questions, and my question that sort of set him off was, 'Do you have to talk to your team about not giving up on the season?' And he took it from there," she recalled with a laugh.

20 hours ago, EM31 said:

Will be somehow mange to screw up the tank?  Get ourselves another 6-7 win season and a 3rd round QB prospect who turns out to be nothing.

This will be the story of the 2017 Jets

Look at the bright side bro. We'll be exceeding our expectations!

27 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I get the fear, I really do. I wouldn't trust anyone running this franchise to order me a ******* pizza. But talent is talent. I honestly can't see any realistic path to more than 4 wins for this team.

Now you've done it. We're drafting an SEC corner at 6 and it's gonna be your fault.

3 hours ago, EM31 said:

Please pay attention Jet Nut.  This is not a thread about whether we should (or should not) tank for Sam.  This is a thread which poses the question about whether or not this franchise is capable of screwing up such a strategy if indeed there is such a strategy.

I do hope you see the difference.

But by all means if you are the arbiter of which threads have merit and which do not, where should I apply in order to get your approval in the future?

So, you want to have a discussion on whether they would screw up if they tanked, which you admit they wont do.  

Which also has been brought up countless times before.  Dont have to pay attention to recognize another of your negative posts

Remember this arbiter next time you tell me not to discuss something, a habit you dont have issues with when youre on the other side of the argument.  

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So, you want to have a discussion on whether they would screw up if they tanked, which you admit they wont do.  

Which also has been brought up countless times before.  Dont have to pay attention to recognize another of your negative posts

Remember this arbiter next time you tell me not to discuss something, a habit you dont have issues with when youre on the other side of the argument.  

I think it's a team full of gritty gamers who will give it the old college try and you know what man that's ok 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You seem to be the one playing the role of self appointed thread police.  Not I.  What a shocker.

I do not/did not admit that the Jets would not tank.  I think that is the plan.  I hope it is the plan.  My question was whether or not they will be able to pull it off.

If you want to avoid mind-numbingly predictable and repetitive posts then I commend you for following a strategy of not reading your own.

6 minutes ago, EM31 said:

You seem to be the one playing the role of self appointed thread police.  Not I.  What a shocker.

I do not/did not admit that the Jets would not tank.  I think that is the plan.  I hope it is the plan.  My question was whether or not they will be able to pull it off.

If you want to avoid mind-numbingly predictable and repetitive posts then I commend you for following a strategy of not reading your own.

LOL, yeah, you never have done it.  And i always do.

Tanking is not the plan, youre kidding yourself.  

Mind numbing?  LOL

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

As long as it's not Maccagnan's fault, I'm good with it

:stretches hamstrings:

:cracks knuckles:

:sniffs ammonia:

Ahem. "Mikey Mac wouldn't have been forced to draft a corner this high if Idzik didn't draft Dee 'Made of Glass' Milliner."

I love this team, I would never leave this team and I'm as attached to this team as I am to members of my own family.

But this team's fanbase is full of some of the most miserable shmucks on the face of the earth.

Are we really going to stress over whether or not the Jets fail to SUCK? Wouldn't having a team of young starters who find a bit of success to build on despite being one of the worst rosters on paper be a GOOD thing? 

Why are we SO stuck on the idea that the only way this team will improve is if they're awful and receive the number one overall pick? Do not fear success, any positive development for the team is just one step towards building a winner again.

I'm not naïve, we'll probably suck this year and finish with a poor record but I REALLY don't see what the harm in overachieving would be for this team as its built now. 

Wanna know what my nightmare is? A season where not only do not the QB's show anything of worth but none of the Receivers or Tight Ends step up, our O-line is swiss cheese, the D-Line &  Linebackers don't make a difference, and our new Safety's fall on their face against both the run and pass and we enter the draft at number one with 10 major holes we have to fill.

A 6-7 win season where maybe half of that happens at best is hardly the worst thing we could face.

8 hours ago, Tony MaC said:

A season where not only do not the QB's show anything of worth but none of the Receivers or Tight Ends step up, our O-line is swiss cheese, the D-Line &  Linebackers don't make a difference, and our new Safety's fall on their face against both the run and pass and we enter the draft at number one with 10 major holes we have to fill.

You just described all but ~9 seasons of Jets football. Well done. 

8 hours ago, Tony MaC said:

I love this team, I would never leave this team and I'm as attached to this team as I am to members of my own family.

But this team's fanbase is full of some of the most miserable shmucks on the face of the earth.

Are we really going to stress over whether or not the Jets fail to SUCK? Wouldn't having a team of young starters who find a bit of success to build on despite being one of the worst rosters on paper be a GOOD thing? 

Why are we SO stuck on the idea that the only way this team will improve is if they're awful and receive the number one overall pick? Do not fear success, any positive development for the team is just one step towards building a winner again.

I'm not naïve, we'll probably suck this year and finish with a poor record but I REALLY don't see what the harm in overachieving would be for this team as its built now. 

Wanna know what my nightmare is? A season where not only do not the QB's show anything of worth but none of the Receivers or Tight Ends step up, our O-line is swiss cheese, the D-Line &  Linebackers don't make a difference, and our new Safety's fall on their face against both the run and pass and we enter the draft at number one with 10 major holes we have to fill.

A 6-7 win season where maybe half of that happens at best is hardly the worst thing we could face.

The reason there is a TOTAL lack of faith in our owner and his organizational leadership. For me, I think Woody is a total roadblock to success. Organizations tend to operate as an extension of their leadership and the sad fact is we just don't have any. Woody is our James Dolan. That total lack of faith in this team to make the right decisions and take the necessary steps to improve itself in the right way is why I feel they will need to find a way to win in spite of themselves.  The best way we can hope for any real success is to try to leap on the shoulders of an elite QB and hope that he can be the hero for the fans (ideally for for the next 12 years or more) and help the team overcome the ineptitude of our owner and the dysfunction caused by his inability to run a company. The least likely way is to expect that our 70+ year old owner finally turns the corner and becomes an intelligent, strategic asset to this team instead of an incompetent trust fund baby who bought a seat at the NFL big boy table with his mommy's money but will never get to be one of the big boy owners.

The problem with tanking especially in football is there is 53 players on the roster fighting for their livelihood and careers and could care less about draft position 

That's why I always thought Suck for Sam was not going to work

Archived