T0mShane

OH GOD YES: Jets announce a "Jets Fan Hall of Fame."

Rate this topic

18 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yeah I don't miss those days because they are still happening. When people get banned they often threaten to stop by my tailgate to discuss it. There have been times were they didn't say it quite as nice as that.

But since you miss those days I can let you fight these people. Seems like you are excited for the opportunity. :)

Dude, that's awful.  I can't even imagine with some people. 

On 8/16/2017 at 3:06 PM, jetscrazey said:

Fireman Ed and Captain Jet are the 2 that jump out to me right now.  Who's 3rd?  Ira from Staten Island?  Joe Benigno and his eternally negative sarcasm?  KRL for his camp reports?

That list is a massive cliché.

If Firefraud Ed gets into the Jets fan Hall of Fame I will rescind my PSL's on the spot. 

SAR I

22 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If Firefraud Ed gets into the Jets fan Hall of Fame I will rescind my PSL's on the spot. 

SAR I

That would be great on two levels.  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

That would be great on two levels.  

Listen sg3, the rest of the world may not be onto you, but I am.

Be chill.  Word to the wise.

SAR I

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

QFT

Are you really willing to risk that blue chip investment because you don't like the pope's hat? 

Fireman Ed is a candidate for Worst Fan In Jets History, not one of the best.

That guy waited until we were at our lowest moment since Kotite, on national TV, on a national holiday, then waited for the TV cameras to find him, and then stormed off causing an even greater humiliation for the team.

That guy is a bum.  I never want to see his face again let alone in some area honoring true fans, fans who stick with the team through good times and bad. 

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Listen sg3, the rest of the world may not be onto you, but I am.

Be chill.  Word to the wise.

SAR I

Words to the wise?  Lol, right troll.

You give Ed shlt all the time.  You wish you were a real fan on that level.  Stop being jealous or real fans.  He's not a poser like you

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Words to the wise?  Lol, right troll.

You give Ed shlt all the time.  You wish you were a real fan on that level.  Stop being jealous or real fans.  He's not a poser like you

He's worse than a poseur, he's a profiteer who preys on the weak-minded who can't see through him.  Makes sense that you love the guy.  

Meanwhile, at the very instant we all realized that we were never going back to the playoffs and on national TV and on a national holiday, your hero took a gigantic sh*t all over the New York Jets. And for that he will never be forgiven.  Except by apologists like you. The chant is dead. So too is the collective MetLife stadium memory of Firefraud. 

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

He's worse than a poseur, he's a profiteer who preys on the weak-minded who can't see through him.  Makes sense that you love the guy.  

Meanwhile, at the very instant we all realized that we were never going back to the playoffs and on national TV and on a national holiday, your hero took a gigantic sh*t all over the New York Jets. And for that he will never be forgiven.  Except by apologists like you. The chant is dead. So too is the collective MetLife stadium memory of Firefraud. 

SAR I

He's a profiteer?  Because he did work for the Jets outside of the stadium and no one asked you?  You play the greedy, money obsessed bitch when you feel like then moan and groan that someone does it better than you?  Lol, rich

He was a fan and season ticket holder long before you lucked into you shltty PSL seats.  He went to more games than you, was there every week while you sell seats on a regular basis.  You plan out your geeky outfits and brag about your make believe world while he does what a real fan does.  Unlike you.  He shlt on no one, only a half wit or a jealous whiney one would think along those lines.  Poor SAR, was shlt on by a fan.  The chant isn't dead, your line of thinking is though. 

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Well if that happens I'm clubbing a baby seal and tossing a butterfly into a bug zapper. 

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He's a profiteer?  Because he did work for the Jets outside of the stadium and no one asked you?  You play the greedy, money obsessed bitch when you feel like then moan and groan that someone does it better than you?  Lol, rich

He was a fan and season ticket holder long before you lucked into you shltty PSL seats.  He went to more games than you, was there every week while you sell seats on a regular basis.  You plan out your geeky outfits and brag about your make believe world while he does what a real fan does.  Unlike you.  He shlt on no one, only a half wit or a jealous whiney one would think along those lines.  Poor SAR, was shlt on by a fan.  The chant isn't dead, your line of thinking is though. 

He's a profiteer, he gets paid trips, he gets paid commercial appearances, he made an iPhone app, he pimps himself at events.  But that's only one small reason to dislike the guy.

As our self-proclaimed mascot and #1 Jets fan he has only one obligation, only one unbreakable covenant with the fans:  To stay in character and do nothing to embarrass the organization.

And he broke that covenant.  To promote himself.  On national TV.  On Thanksgiving.  At the precise moment in time that every Jets fan was faced with the realization that the Ryan Jets were over and we weren't going to see the playoffs for a decade or more.  Waits for the cue from the cameraman.  Children watching TV seeing the Jets mascot storm up the steps and out of MetLife Stadium, making a terrible night into an utter humiliation.  It's why he gets no applause on his so-called 'returns' to the stadium in recent years.  It's why the chant is dead and gone at the stadium except when some upper deck drunks want to feel young again.  It's why Firefraud is unwelcome as a spokesman for the team now, has been eased out in a very calculated manner by Jets brass.  We don't need a superfan with a point of view.  Like every other pro sports team, if we ever dip back in the mascot pool it'll be a paid performer in a costume with a foam head who is under contract to keep his mouth shut.

As for your continued personal attacks on myself and other posters, I hope the moderators of this site have taken notice and will muzzle you the way the Johnson's have muzzled Anzalone.  It's long overdue.

SAR I

We do need a mascot. I don't care about Fire Marshal Bill per say but it was the persona. The idea was greater than the man which is why Sarry is so overly upset like the "Leave Brittney alone" chick.

He did ruin the myth and the chant which was the one thing we had on other teams.

No regular person can get Jet fans to pay attention and get up and chant unless it's "Fire (insert coach's name here)."

We need someone cool, but commanding with timing and rhythm...You know like Bill's persona before he started talking. Any ideas send them to the Jets but I think the lighting has been let out of the bottle and is tough to put back in. Maybe Jim Carey could do it. I don't think he has anything else to do.

In the old days some editor would have squashed this story for the public good like they did all public trust stories. Nowadays they look for dirt to make sure no one has faith in anything, and no one is happy ever. That's how they know they've done there job. 

1 hour ago, NYs Stepchild said:

We do need a mascot. I don't care about Fire Marshal Bill per say but it was the persona. The idea was greater than the man which is why Sarry is so overly upset like the "Leave Brittney alone" chick.

He did ruin the myth and the chant which was the one thing we had on other teams.

No regular person can get Jet fans to pay attention and get up and chant unless it's "Fire (insert coach's name here)."

We need someone cool, but commanding with timing and rhythm...You know like Bill's persona before he started talking. Any ideas send them to the Jets but I think the lighting has been let out of the bottle and is tough to put back in. Maybe Jim Carey could do it. I don't think he has anything else to do.

In the old days some editor would have squashed this story for the public good like they did all public trust stories. Nowadays they look for dirt to make sure no one has faith in anything, and no one is happy ever. That's how they know they've done there job. 

No, the gist is that we are past the point where we need a mascot or anything of that nature at all.

I don't know if you're a season ticket holder and I don't know if you have gone to 20+ games at MetLife to understand.  It's a different breed of fans in the building now.  Whether white collar or blue collar, to all of us, drinking isn't cool anymore.  It's just like smoking.  It's a generational thing.  I don't know anyone under the age of 45 who smokes or drinks, and when I look at who does they're all 50+ and their numbers are beginning to dwindle.  This "chant" thing was necessary decades ago because the drunks needed someone to get them to focus on the game every once in awhile.  Today's fans are sober, are paying close attention, and don't need some mouthbreather's spelling bee to get our heads in the game.

As for the kids, there is enough in-stadium entertainment to keep them occupied, they don't need a silly mascot playing dress up.  I took my 5 year old to the game last Saturday, he had a great time, watched the games, asked good questions, liked the t-shirt cannons, liked the animations on the big screens, kept waiting for his selfie to get shown to the crowd.

The chant is a thing of the past because the drunks are a thing of the past.  There are enough fans in the stadium into the game to make the right amount of noise at the right time, the drunks keeping quiet with their headaches and their twitchy bladders are barely noticeable.

SAR I

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Quoted for future use.

8 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Well if that happens I'm clubbing a baby seal and tossing a butterfly into a bug zapper. 

Just you wait and see, 10 or 20 years from now when the Jets Fan Hall Of Fame monument is erected and is respectfully visited like the Vietnam Veterans Memorial and Fireman Ed's name isn't on it, it'll be like Joe Klecko all over again.  Back page news stories.  Phone calls to sports radio.  "Put Ed in the Hall!" bi-planes overhead.  Silence from the Jets FO will be the response.

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

He's a profiteer, he gets paid trips, he gets paid commercial appearances, he made an iPhone app, he pimps himself at events.  But that's only one small reason to dislike the guy.

As our self-proclaimed mascot and #1 Jets fan he has only one obligation, only one unbreakable covenant with the fans:  To stay in character and do nothing to embarrass the organization.

And he broke that covenant.  To promote himself.  On national TV.  On Thanksgiving.  At the precise moment in time that every Jets fan was faced with the realization that the Ryan Jets were over and we weren't going to see the playoffs for a decade or more.  Waits for the cue from the cameraman.  Children watching TV seeing the Jets mascot storm up the steps and out of MetLife Stadium, making a terrible night into an utter humiliation.  It's why he gets no applause on his so-called 'returns' to the stadium in recent years.  It's why the chant is dead and gone at the stadium except when some upper deck drunks want to feel young again.  It's why Firefraud is unwelcome as a spokesman for the team now, has been eased out in a very calculated manner by Jets brass.  We don't need a superfan with a point of view.  Like every other pro sports team, if we ever dip back in the mascot pool it'll be a paid performer in a costume with a foam head who is under contract to keep his mouth shut.

As for your continued personal attacks on myself and other posters, I hope the moderators of this site have taken notice and will muzzle you the way the Johnson's have muzzled Anzalone.  It's long overdue.

SAR I

Hes not a profiteer, he worked for the Jets making appearances for them.  I can see why youre jealous.

Self proclaimed mascot?  He was doing the chant day one at the Meadowlands while you were still dreaming about how to circumvent the waiting list.  He put in more time as a mascot than you did as a PSL holder.  He broke no covenant.  Did the originators of the chant at Shea also break one when they decided to end it?

Personal attacks?  Because someone points out that you should stick to topics like outfits for the game or PSLs?  Or do you get all shltty when youre called exactly what you are, a troll.  You were a troll at JI until you were perma banned and you've continued your trolling ways here.  Dont like getting called out on it, stop trolling.  Better than your threats and warnings.  Or maybe you can take up your favorite ways on JI.  Troll people and then run to the mods telling them that people are stalking you.  Have many of those messages forwarded to us by mods.  

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Hes not a profiteer, he worked for the Jets making appearances for them.  I can see why youre jealous.

Self proclaimed mascot?  He was doing the chant day one at the Meadowlands while you were still dreaming about how to circumvent the waiting list.  He put in more time as a mascot than you did as a PSL holder.  He broke no covenant.  Did the originators of the chant at Shea also break one when they decided to end it?

Personal attacks?  Because someone points out that you should stick to topics like outfits for the game or PSLs?  Or do you get all shltty when youre called exactly what you are, a troll.  You were a troll at JI until you were perma banned and you've continued your trolling ways here.  Dont like getting called out on it, stop trolling.  Better than your threats and warnings.  Or maybe you can take up your favorite ways on JI.  Troll people and then run to the mods telling them that people are stalking you.  Have many of those messages forwarded to us by mods.  

Holy Geebuz dude, just ignore him.  You're playing right into him.

45 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Why does it seem like your primary function here is to get into pissing matches with the people who troll you? Instead of suggesting other people put you on ignore, perhaps you should put the function to use yourself if you lack the willpower not to hit submit reply every once in a while. 

3 minutes ago, slats said:

Why does it seem like your primary function here is to get into pissing matches with the people who troll you? Instead of suggesting other people put you on ignore, perhaps you should put the function to use yourself if you lack the willpower not to hit submit reply every once in a while. 

Youre right, leave the troller alone, tell someone who responds that theyre wrong for responding.  Or telling someone who is following you around to put me on ignore is somehow wrong?  

best jet fan I know-my father been going since 1970-he wanted to get tickets in 69 but money was tight -after they won he said no problem there will be plenty of other chances-little did he know :(

I have been going since 1973 as very young kid thanks to my father-we have shared many great days together and sadly many walks of shame saying I cant believe how they managed to blow this one

The only thing my father wants is from the jets is to hire a real gm and a real coach and actually be committed to putting a winner on the field. We have been patient enough-our current regime we both agree is maybe the worst this team has ever had-it is our opinion which you can agree with our disagree with but over 40 years of attending games barely missing any that is what we think

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre right, leave the troller alone, tell someone who responds that theyre wrong for responding.

5881861191_90de8b5bc9.jpg

These guys hook you every time on the first try. You're the only one who seems to not be in on the joke. I'm just trying to help you out. Next time you wanna suggest to someone that they put you on ignore, just put them on ignore instead. I'm sure it will improve your Jetnation experience. 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre right, leave the troller alone, tell someone who responds that theyre wrong for responding.

For the record, I am not trolling anyone. I am offering my personal opinions just as I am supposed to do in a discussion forum.

You, on the other hand, are not engaging discussion on the subject matter but instead (as usual) are engaging in personal attacks as if this is Twitter or some other form of garbage social media.  The reason we come to discussion forums is to have conversations, sometimes they get heated, but it's always about the topic at hand and not the people making the comments. This is a distinction you do not understand. 

SAR I

2 minutes ago, slats said:

5881861191_90de8b5bc9.jpg

These guys hook you every time on the first try. You're the only one who seems to not be in on the joke. I'm just trying to help you out. Next time you wanna suggest to someone that they put you on ignore, just put them on ignore instead. I'm sure it will improve your Jetnation experience. 

I did put that person on ignore.  After telling me he would put me on ignore he made a number of excuses why he couldnt.  So i did it,works well

Maybe SAR could stop too.  Seems like he cant

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I did put that person on ignore.  After telling me he would put me on ignore he made a number of excuses why he couldnt.  So i did it,works well

Maybe SAR could stop too.  Seems like he cant

The fact that you've felt the need to respond to my last two posts, and will likely respond to this one, suggests that you're the one who really has a difficult time stopping.