Schefter: McDougle Traded to Eagles for S Terrence Brooks

Lith

I like McDougle. Now...to your above McDougle note
McDougle Yr 2: non-factor...Yr 4 after some experience, development Jets Nation anoints him Revis 2009.  Hack Yr 2...

I'm not but why dump the guy now? Get another scrub for safety.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's disappointing, I feel like they could of found one on the waiver wire. The guy Idzik picked up from Seattle's practice squad a few years ago (I think he was from the PS) was serviceable and a good example of what Im talking about.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I wouldn't be upset if this were the case.  Until you have a franchise QB in place, you basically have no chance in today's NFL.  I know there are exceptions like the Broncos from 2 years ago but Brady, Peyton, and Ben have appeared in like 14 of 15 SBs (something like that) for the AFC.  And that wave of QBs is almost finished.  Let's suck it up this season and try to get a franchise QB and start the next wave.

I've never seen so much venom over and end of a roster trade of 2 nobodies.

McDougle did show improvement, and I would rather see anyone play than Skrine, but he's hardly anyone to get upset over.

He was always a popular name to show Idzik's failures, now trading him reflects poorly on Mac.

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I wouldn't be upset if this were the case.  Until you have a franchise QB in place, you basically have no chance in today's NFL.  I know there are exceptions like the Broncos from 2 years ago but Brady, Peyton, and Ben have appeared in like 14 of 15 SBs (something like that) for the AFC.  And that wave of QBs is almost finished.  Let's suck it up this season and try to get a franchise QB and start the next wave.

I get what you're saying, but McDougal's presence would not have changed the overall record of the team in my opinion. All it would have done is give them a potential upgrade at nickel heading into next season. 

All I can assume is that the Jets are looking at his injury history and they figure this will be the only time they can trade him and get something in return. 

Not that I like this move, but if Dex ends up getting hurt and missing 11 or 12 games this season, then you can't rip Mac for this move.

42 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I get what you're saying, but McDougal's presence would not have changed the overall record of the team in my opinion. All it would have done is give them a potential upgrade at nickel heading into next season. 

All I can assume is that the Jets are looking at his injury history and they figure this will be the only time they can trade him and get something in return. 

Not that I like this move, but if Dex ends up getting hurt and missing 11 or 12 games this season, then you can't rip Mac for this move.

This.

and this.

Image result for trust the process

I'm pretty done with Macc, but I have no idea how anyone could give the tiniest flake of sh*t about a trading involving a couple of third stringers.

There's a long list of things Macc deserves hate for, but we've officially reached the point that he's so disdained that there's going to be massive outcry over ever single thing that happens, no matter how inconsequential.  Hardly anything new for Jets GMs or coaches, but is also the fuel for the always ridiculously arguments between groups of people who all despise the same person, but most battle over who has the right reason why.

1 minute ago, Jet9 said:

I saw the headline earlier and wondered how heavy the drama and willful ignorance was going to be over here. It has exceeded my expectations. 

So you are a fan of underachievers and scrub CB's being kept on the roster in favor of the decent ones. 

12 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I'm pretty done with Macc, but I have no idea how anyone could give the tiniest flake of sh*t about a trading involving a couple of third stringers.

There's a long list of things Macc deserves hate for, but we've officially reached the point that he's so disdained that there's going to be massive outcry over ever single thing that happens, no matter how inconsequential.  Hardly anything new for Jets GMs or coaches, but is also the fuel for the always ridiculously arguments between groups of people who all despise the same person, but most battle over who has the right reason why.

Please prioritize the reasons to be angry with Mac ole wise one for the rest of us dregs  

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So you are a fan of underachievers and scrub CB's being kept on the roster in favor of the decent ones. 

McDougal is ALWAYS injured. He's only played in 20 of a possible 48 games. To get anything before a strong breeze took him out again is a good move. There's also a need for backup safety with the injuries. If people wont argue in good faith they deserve to be called out on it. 

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Yes this was obviously the safety who puts us over the top and gives us a winning record. If we got a decent player at an ok position then I would have driven Dexter to Philly myself. But this is just asinine.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Yes this was obviously the safety who puts us over the top and gives us a winning record. If we got a decent player at an ok position then I would have driven Dexter to Philly myself. But this is just asinine.

And how exactly were you going to convince the other team to give you valuable assets for McDougal? 

Just now, Jet9 said:

McDougal is ALWAYS injured. He's only played in 20 of a possible 48 games. To get anything before a strong breeze took him out again is a good move. There's also a need for backup safety with the injuries. If people wont argue in good faith they deserve to be called out on it. 

He ain't injured right now. We don't need back up CB's? What the hell do you think we got for him ? A guy we could have gotten for nothing later. 

Just now, Jet9 said:

And how exactly were you going to convince the other team to give you valuable assets for McDougal? 

I'm not. I'm going to keep the kid we drafted who did the work to try and help this team win this year. He plays cornerback not d line. I don't think we are any better at  corner depth than safety depth. Safety more important than corner? 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

He ain't injured right now. We don't need back up CB's? What the hell do you think we got for him ? A guy we could have gotten for nothing later. 

A guy that 30 other teams would have had a shot at. 

Archived