Heading to Nawlins!

freestater

32 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

get yourself some char-broiled oysters

Word. 

I'm not a fan of waits or being on line (impatient NYer), but The Acme Oyster House is ABSOLUTELY worth the wait. Biggest and Freshest Oysters the size of a silver dollars. Go with the indulgent Oysters Rockefeller and then jog it off along the esplanade.

Also wake up and mosey on over to Cafe Du'Monde for some beignets and coffee and then a nice smooth Sazerac at the Napolean House or just a grab a bite to eat along Frenchman Street. 

Just indulge and imbibe until your heart's content!

Awesome!  Don't forget to try the McDonalds and Papa Johns over there.  Some excellent food options at both places.  Also, 7/11 is great for breakfast.

As far as bars go, make sure to spend the overwhelming majority of your time at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Enjoy buddy. N'awlins is a really fun town. As previously mentioned, try the charbroiled oysters. They're really, really good.

Also try to find the Dungeon. It's a heavy metal bar that's tucked away between some buildings on one of the roads off of Bourbon Street. Interesting spot.

11 hours ago, maury77 said:

I'm leaving tomorrow to NOLA, first trip there. 

Awesome.  I will be flying out there tonight.  Not my first trip, but the first one in about 25 years.  Looking forward to a great weekend, in spite of what may happen on the field.

On 12/15/2017 at 10:09 AM, Lith said:

Awesome.  I will be flying out there tonight.  Not my first trip, but the first one in about 25 years.  Looking forward to a great weekend, in spite of what may happen on the field.

The maple cream donut only north of the border is f__in' fantastic. But that's about it. 

Archived