Own it!

Jetster

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Oh so this is about you and getting back at those who have dared offend your delicate sensibilities. Its an internet message board pal. If your skin is that thin that you feel you have to "expose" others who one line you in response to your posts get over it. Do you really think those guys will care if you "expose" them? Most likely they won't give a damn and you come out looking petty(get it? Petty lol). There are other things to worry about than some guy trolling you for his own amusement.

Obviously you like posting in definitives. Carry on.

Still pretty early in the process, but from what I've seen and assuming the guys declare:

1- Darnold- I still think he is the next Aaron Rodgers.

2- Rosen - Reminds me of Phillip Rivers (obviously much better pure mechanics..). A guy who can sling it, but don't think he is a winner. 

3- Mayfield- The opposite of Rosen. He is a winner, with a better arm than some give him credit for, leader and vision. Just not the height you want from a QB. 

4- Allen- Better talent than the top 3 in just about every physical component, but hate taking a kid high in the first, off "projections" of production. Would have loved to see him playing behind a real team. Boom or bust pick. 

5- Falk- He seems like a lock to become a solid NFL QB. Every time I watch him play, I come away impressed with his ability to go through progressions and make strong accurate passes.  

6- Mason Rudolph- I know some here are in  love with him, but when I watch him play he doesn't do much that impresses me. If I am taking someone from this type of offense, i would take Falk before I would take Rudolph

6- Jackson- I can't justify taking a QB who's main weakness is passing. He may win games in the NFL with his legs, but legs get old and that's assuming he doesn't get numerous injuries/concussions playing against the big boys. I have seen a few mock drafts where Jackson goes top 2 or 3 and I pray some team makes that mistake freeing us to take Rosen/Darnold. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...
1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

Who knows what could have been if a different team drafted him. Do you think he looks the way he looks if he got drafted by the Patriots?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

He has been on two teams and both of them wanted to get rid of him right away. That is pretty telling.

• Upvote 1

He has been on two teams and both of them wanted to get rid of him right away. That is pretty telling.
I think what is telling is how those organizations are run. Cardinals traded him away for penuts a year after drafting him and the dolphins traded for him but got rid of the team around him. These were not great opportunities to set him up for success which is not to say he isn't part of the problem.

16 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Who knows what could have been if a different team drafted him. Do you think he looks the way he looks if he got drafted by the Patriots?

..and? That means nothing. This is the same as when people were crying that "Geno just needs weapons". You either win or you don't. It may not be fair and maybe it would have been different if...xxx happened, but using this as an excuse for a QB is silly.

If it was a lab and you could create perfect condition then great. It's not. QBs need to win with what they have. Who cares if a QB *can* win with a great OL, great WR, great TEs and great RBs? A lot of guys *can* win in perfect conditions, but you don't get perfect in the NFL. Even as you fill holes, new ones open up. 

7 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

I think what is telling is how those organizations are run. Cardinals traded him away for penuts a year after drafting him and the dolphins traded for him but got rid of the team around him. These were not great opportunities to set him up for success which is not to say he isn't part of the problem.

Ryan Fitzpatrick disagrees.

• Upvote 1