Own it!

Jetster

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He gives up arm strength to Darnold too.  Dont know who started the noodle arm nonsense here.  If you think he doesnt you need to stop evaluating QBs.  Competition is a step down.  He doesnt throw into as tight a window as the other 2.  He doesnt check down his progressions nearly as well.  But hey, want to get pissy because I think that hes a step down right now for these reasons?  He is, has always been seen this way, could change going forward but up to now, nope.  Most still have him at 4.  But hey, its ok you like him.  

In comparing Darnold and Mayfield, why don't you compare their performances against Ohio State? Just like yesterday the OS defense through the kitchen sink at Oklahoma and the QB results were quite different. Hey, I like Darnold and still think he'll be a good NFL QB but Baker's play this year has been outstanding. 

What I take from this thread is that there is NO consensus on any of this.  At least three different guys rated as top pick.  Any combination of six different guys rated as top 3.  For every prospect, at least one or more people here think they will bust.  No sure things at all.  In a year where we are drafting 5-7 range, this is a good thing.  We'll get a choice of a few of them, and hopefully we'll take one and then half of us will love it and half will absolutely hate it.

Having said all that, barring the concussion concerns, I think Rosen has that most intriguing potential.  A lot of it comes from watching him play early in the season including the ridiculous comeback against Texas A&M which was just incredible.  I just don't know enough about the rest of them to offer an educated guess but I think I'll be excited by any of them.  Jackson, in particular, intrigues me as a possible "This year's version" of Deshaun Watson but I know he has flaws as well *shrug*.  

My dark horse - a guy I'd be happy to see get taken in the 4th or 5th round if available - Jarrett Stidham.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Darnold does not have a stronger arm than Mayfield.  That is ridiculous.  Your entire argument is ridiculous.  What makes you thing Darnold goes through his progressions well?  

Competition is a step down?  From the PAC 12?  Do you even watch college football?  I'm honestly asking.

Darnold certainly looks to have a better arm than Mayfield’s.  Mayfield is super average.  That said, it’s nice and compact and quick.  Darnold has a major windup. 

1. Rosen,  those concussions are a worry ... will make it, I believe, if he is given a chance with the right franchise. He will need a decent oline, like most qbs coming out.  I like his interviews, he's obviously bright/articulate.

2. Baker Mayfield has the extensive starting experience that makes a difference. if he is in a decent system with a good oline, he could start immediately, he should have a long career. He has something, he's a leader and he is accurate. It's an obvious comparison because of height but Drew Brees is his ceiling.

3. A great kid, I think Darnold should go back to school unless he can sit behind someone decent for a year or two. Hate to say it but behind Eli, for twelve months he might have a shot to be really, really good. 

If he starts for the Browns or anyone immediately, his confidence will be destroyed and there may be no coming back from that.

4. Josh Allen, (Christian Hackenbergesque) if he starts immediately he will bust. If he sits for at least one year (ideally two) he could develop beyond the Hack, i.e. starting quality...Joe Flacco is his ceiling.

5. Mason Ruldoph, back up qb.

6. Lamar Jackson, exciting but I'm leaning to a short career, so many running qbs seem to get hurt along the way. His accuracy.

7. I think Patrick Mahones starting tomorrow for Kansas will be a more successful qb long term than all of the above. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Mackman55 said:

In comparing Darnold and Mayfield, why don't you compare their performances against Ohio State? Just like yesterday the OS defense through the kitchen sink at Oklahoma and the QB results were quite different. Hey, I like Darnold and still think he'll be a good NFL QB but Baker's play this year has been outstanding. 

Because its one game?  In a matchup where the team was completely dominated talent wise and OSU had weeks to prepare for?  I dont dislike Mayfield, just think hes a step down as of now compared to the top two.  Its not a given either I get that, hes just ragging because someone doesnt agree with him.  He'll get over it

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

Since so many people on this site think they are smarter than the scouts & some even tell others which QBs will be good & which ones will suck, let's have this one thread that will be very easy to find so in the future we can repost this thread & see where all this sites "experts" stand.

My Franchise QBs in the 2018 NFL draft are....Mason Rudoph, Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson. I think Darnold is another overrated USC QB. My dark horse is Finley. 

I will write up my "own it" position on baker Mayfield. I think I've come up with something very interesting, especially with the playoffs a couple days away. I hope to have this info up tomorrow.

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because its one game?  In a matchup where the team was completely dominated talent wise and OSU had weeks to prepare for?  I dont dislike Mayfield, just think hes a step down as of now compared to the top two.  Its not a given either I get that, hes just ragging because someone doesnt agree with him.  He'll get over it

I was never upset.  I'm not the one still talking about it to other posters, either.  I don't care one bit who you think is good, bad or average.  But if you challenge someone's opinion, and they ask you to elaborate, you should have a bit better info to stand on than the points you tried making.  No hard feelings.  

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I was never upset.  I'm not the one still talking about it to other posters, either.  I don't care one bit who you think is good, bad or average.  But if you challenge someone's opinion, and they ask you to elaborate, you should have a bit better info to stand on than the points you tried making.  No hard feelings.  

He posted to me, I answered him.  I did elaborate, you disagree.  Move on, its not a big deal, as I said its our opinions, no hard feelings at all.  I have JWillie telling me in another thread that Marino wasnt good because he doesnt have a ring, thats more entertaining, lol

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

He posted to me, I answered him.  I did elaborate, you disagree.  Move on, its not a big deal, as I said its our opinions, no hard feelings at all.  I have JWillie telling me in another thread that Marino wasnt good because he doesnt have a ring, thats more entertaining, lol

I never said he wasn't good...I SAID HE HAD NO RINGS 

Show me some proof I said he wasn't good. 

Put up or SHUT UP 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

So you have no proof just as I thought. 

Any moron..........can talk a good game like you try to do.. and when called out has NOTHING as usual. 

Wake up JW, wake up.  You're in the wrong thread.  You're more lost than you usually are.  That's saying something

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Wake up JW, wake up.  You're in the wrong thread.  You're more lost than you usually are.  That's saying something

You have been exposed again in multiple threads. 

Lets just say you must have gotten too much sun today, I'm assuming a big tycoon like yourself is in Florida and not in Manalapan. 

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You have been exposed again in multiple threads. 

Lets just say you must have gotten too much sun today, I'm assuming a big tycoon like yourself is in Florida and not in Manalapan. 

Exposed?  Tycoon? 

You're right, when you say he has no rings, that any moron knows it's about the wins, you were complimenting him, saying he was good.  Move on Joe, you're lost in too many ways.  

• Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

lol...at least I posted ftr...come back in three years.

fwiw...Kiper's comped him with Cutler...great arm, no talent around him in college...after seeing Wentz play with Eagles and coming from a small program...I'll take my chances.

Bottom line here no one really knows whether your a casual watcher or even if your really into it and break down film . The guys who get paid to do that job get it wrong quite often , which is why the draft is a crapshoot regardless of what anyone says. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Bottom line here no one really knows whether your a casual watcher or even if your really into it and break down film . The guys who get paid to do that job get it wrong quite often , which is why the draft is a crapshoot regardless of what anyone says. 

Agreed.  I'm just a guy with internet and a keyboard...try to read some of the experts...watch some clips...and the experts continue to butcher the process...but if I were the Jets with Darnold and Rosen off the board I'd draft Allen.  Could cost money or could cost someone a job...but the only way to win big in the NFL is having a QB and for some reasons I'm not enamored with Josh McCown.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Exposed?  Tycoon? 

You're right, when you say he has no rings, that any moron knows it's about the wins, you were complimenting him, saying he was good.  Move on Joe, you're lost in too many ways.  

No rings mean no rings it says nothing about the talent level of Dan Marino.

Still waiting............

Well it seems like this is a thread simply to say I told ya so since any draft pick is a crap shoot but here goes:

1 Rosen

2 Mayfield(Assuming Darnold doesn't come out. If he does move Jackson down one)

3 Jackson

4 Allen

5 Rudolph

6 Ferguson

7 Falk

8 Stidham

9 Finley

10 Thorson( I only rank this kid this low because I don't think he comes out. If he does I move him up to 6. I really like this guy and think he will be an NFL starter)

11 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well it seems like this is a thread simply to say I told ya so since any draft pick is a crap shoot but here goes:

1 Rosen

2 Mayfield(Assuming Darnold doesn't come out. If he does move Jackson down one)

3 Jackson

4 Allen

5 Rudolph

6 Ferguson

7 Falk

8 Stidham

9 Finley

10 Thorson( I only rank this kid this low because I don't think he comes out. If he does I move him up to 6. I really like this guy and think he will be an NFL starter)

That's exactly the point of this thread. It's a crapshoot but we have posters here who claim to be prophets and exclaim who will be franchise QBs & who will suck! It's ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

That's exactly the point of this thread. It's a crapshoot but we have posters here who claim to be prophets and exclaim who will be franchise QBs & who will suck! It's ridiculous. 

Come on. Its their opinion. They are entitled to it whether you agree with it or not. They are allowed to be wrong. This thread is the equivalent of the mean little kid with a magnifying glass. The only purpose it serves is to give you ammo to belittle others and make you feel like you've exposed something.

I posted in it because its my opinion of what these guys may be capable of. I really don't care what you think of it since its just an opinion based on research I have done. I may be right, I may be wrong but does it really give you the right to criticize me for it?

25 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Come on. Its their opinion. They are entitled to it whether you agree with it or not. They are allowed to be wrong. This thread is the equivalent of the mean little kid with a magnifying glass. The only purpose it serves is to give you ammo to belittle others and make you feel like you've exposed something.

I posted in it because its my opinion of what these guys may be capable of. I really don't care what you think of it since its just an opinion based on research I have done. I may be right, I may be wrong but does it really give you the right to criticize me for it?

Oh stop, you've read this board. If someone says "I think", that's much different than the few people on here that belittle say someone who THINKS Lamar Jackson could be an interesting NFL QB. It's the retorts to posts where they say, "HE SUCKS, HE'LL GET HURT" or "HES NO BETTER THAN GENO SMITH", that's the types of posters I want to expose. 

I have no problem with opinion but since not one of these young QBs has played in the NFL these bold DEFINITIVES opined here mean zippo, and many posters here when completely wrong, come back touting how right they are. That's much different than my opinion that I don't think Bowles is a good head coach. My opinion regarding Bowles is based on 49 NFL games I've seen him coach in. You might not agree with me but you can't fault my position based on FACTS we've witnessed (losing the team, terrible clock management, going full turtle at the end of the half & in the 4th quarter, horrific road record, personel choices, a defense that has given up the most splash plays in the league ( most 50 yard plays, most 20 yard plays). 

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

Oh stop, you've read this board. If someone says "I think", that's much different than the few people on here that belittle say someone who THINKS Lamar Jackson could be an interesting NFL QB. It's the retorts to posts where they say, "HE SUCKS, HE'LL GET HURT" or "HES NO BETTER THAN GENO SMITH", that's the types of posters I want to expose. 

I have no problem with opinion but since not one of these young QBs has played in the NFL these bold DEFINITIVES opined here mean zippo, and many posters here when completely wrong, come back touting how right they are. That's much different than my opinion that I don't think Bowles is a good head coach. My opinion regarding Bowles is based on 49 NFL games I've seen him coach in. You might not agree with me but you can't fault my position based on FACTS we've witnessed (losing the team, terrible clock management, going full turtle at the end of the half & in the 4th quarter, horrific road record, personel choices, a defense that has given up the most splash plays in the league ( most 50 yard plays, most 20 yard plays). 

Oh so this is about you and getting back at those who have dared offend your delicate sensibilities. Its an internet message board pal. If your skin is that thin that you feel you have to "expose" others who one line you in response to your posts get over it. Do you really think those guys will care if you "expose" them? Most likely they won't give a damn and you come out looking petty(get it? Petty lol). There are other things to worry about than some guy trolling you for his own amusement.

47 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

No one makes anyone post in any thread.  If you don't like it don't read it.