LeVeon Bell: Not interested in the Jets (merged)

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SenorGato said:

BTW think more 5/51/75 for Bell from Los Yets. Get it done, McGM! Cut Powell, draft this Akrem Wadley fellow from Newark as New Powell and profit at RB. Wadley knows how to catch too, probably useful getting 80+ receptions out of two RBs. 

$75 million, 50 guaranteed for a good, not great rb with a ton of miles on him who was mostly good because defenses are always in the dime to stop Ben and Antonio

Where do I signup for this?

16 hours ago, SenorGato said:

JN Math at work! Thread title is misleading! $60 million invisible fan Twitter cash is not enough he says! 

Mr. Bell is about to find out that NOBODY is paying him or any running back his age that kind of $. 

16 hours ago, KRL said:

Who cares, I would rather draft an RB in the 2nd/3rd round (Penny, Michel, Chubb)

I agree 100%. Although Bell is probably the best RB in the league, it would be foolish to give this guy the money he wants. 

These type of comments hurt tho. Whether we want to admit it or not, this is something we do not want to hear. This is something we don’t want on social media. In my opinion, this decreasss the interests of other free agents. I want this place to be an attraction to others. 

Going back to Bell tho; I think he is beyond  moronic. He should have kept his mouth shut and simply used us to drive up his price. Such a dumbass. 

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

cc: @L_Bell26 

i mean hey hey my man how can you turn this down

C221B8CD-1547-4877-8924-9CABB25C91B1.gif

That's the most Wilkerson moved on the field all season. Figures to be a very important part of his video highlight for prospective employers looking to overpay him for no apparent reason.

17 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Twitter is free and 60 million ain’t enough to run with the Jets. Also, sorry @SenorGato, you’ll have to adjust your offseason plan. 

good. too much money for a RB w/limited shelf life. Use money to rebuild OffLine in FreeAgency (and draft Price, center  OSU) and then lesser cheaper RBs become Bell-like, if we have a QB the Defense respects and cant stack the box against. Make it happen Mac, LOL.

52 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I agree 100%. Although Bell is probably the best RB in the league, it would be foolish to give this guy the money he wants. 

These type of comments hurt tho. Whether we want to admit it or not, this is something we do not want to hear. This is something we don’t want on social media. In my opinion, this decreasss the interests of other free agents. I want this place to be an attraction to others. 

Going back to Bell tho; I think he is beyond  moronic. He should have kept his mouth shut and simply used us to drive up his price. Such a dumbass. 

David Johnson > Bell

Ditto for Gurley and Elliot

Re-Build the OffLine with young draft picks (Center Billy Price OSU  Priority 1)_ and young Free Agents and then w/continued playing time together as a Unit we can take any decent RB (if we have a respected QB) and run effectively.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/billy-price?id=2559911

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2018/01/could_ohio_states_billy_price_be_jets_next_nick_ma.html

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

David Johnson > Bell

Ditto for Gurley and Elliot

The reason I might go with David Johnson is because he has better character than the others. The way Bell makes others miss is exciting to me. **** him tho. 

I wouldn't say that he isn't interested in the Jets.  I would say he isn't interested in the Jets at 60 million.  He is probably looking for a 5 year contract, so 5 years, 60 million is 12 million a year.  He is said to be looking for 15 million a year.  He may not think 60 million is enough from any team.  Ask him the same question, 5 years, 75 million, would he take it?  Not saying we should give it to him, but that may be closer to what he is looking for, from any team.

Holy sh*t, I sometimes forget the complete melodrama of this place.  The Jets should want absolutely no part of such an idiotic contract for a RB to begin with, yet emo-fans want to paint this as some unfathomable smite to the lowly Jets, when he literally just said he'd want more money than some random fan suggested.

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

Holy sh*t, I sometimes forget the complete melodrama of this place.  The Jets should want absolutely no part of such an idiotic contract for a RB to begin with, yet emo-fans want to paint this as some unfathomable smite to the lowly Jets, when he literally just said he'd want more money than some random fan suggested.

But it appears the Jets do want a part of this idiotic contract, no?

Just now, JiF said:

But it appears the Jets do want a part of this idiotic contract, no?

Your basis of this is what exactly?  Some random fanboy suggesting it?  The idea that the Jets are the highest bidder but rejected because Bell refuses to play for them only exists in the twisted minds of those looking for more to bitch about.

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Your basis of this is what exactly?  Some random fanboy suggesting it?  The idea that the Jets are the highest bidder but rejected because Bell refuses to play for them only exists in the twisted minds of those looking for more to bitch about.

Never mind.  I didnt realize it was tweeted out by a fan and Bell responded.  For some reason I thought it was responding to someone on the Jets.  I dont really get the whole tweeter thingy so got confused.

Still carrying a torch and pitch fork though, ok? 

18 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Sure I am - I missed on Oghobaase and Gholston a decade ago and trashed Wentz in 2015. Beyond that? Meh. Meh on getting labeled a fool by some guy who doesn’t get something as easy as time value of money too. Or uses W-L to evaluate individual players...or playoff record depending on personal feelings toward said player...

I was calling everyone else the fool in the scenario. I remember when you had heat for Oghobaase tho. :P Gholston's muscles fooled me too. 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Never mind.  I didnt realize it was tweeted out by a fan and Bell responded.  For some reason I thought it was responding to someone on the Jets.  I dont really get the whole tweeter thingy so got confused.

Still carrying a torch and pitch fork though, ok? 

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, Jets still suck, because ya know... Jets.  It's just funny some of the outrage going on over some random twitter nonsense.  Bell wants more than the make believe offer from a Jets fan?  Oh, the horror!!

4 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

2015 - Scheriff was taken 1 pick in front of us after that there really wasn't anyone else.

2016 - we tried to trade up for Tunsil after attempting to sign Osemele but were out bid by a team with a franchise QB.

2017 - no elite OL available

I think this will be a good year to see how Macc views the OL because we will have a ton of money and potentially an opportunity to take one high if we do land Cousins.

So no other OLmen starting in this league, that were taken between picks 5 and 152? C'mon.

The Pats didn't find their starting center for the past 3 seasons in late round 4? We instead pounced on a pass rusher with 4.9 speed in round 3, leading to him panicking into trading up for Petty in round 4.

Imagine if, instead of taking Mauldin and Petty, he'd taken Daryl Williams and Shaq Mason. Or Trent Brown with either the 7th rounder he traded away in his move-up for Petty or the one he traded for Zac Stacy, which then would have negated the "need" to burn a 2017 4th rounder to take Shell in round 5 a year later.

He took useless Jarvis Harrison in round 5 and that's it, despite knowing he had an aging and severely declined and still-declining expensive LT, an aging C, a hole+hope at one guard position, and trash at RT. It's certainly ok to find an OLman later in the draft, but when you've got an OL with current or upcoming problems it's not ok to only look to the late rounds and 2nd/3rd tier FAs.

The attempt to trade up for Tunsil ultimately was not a real attempt; it was an attempt only if he could get greater than internet-chart value for the pick (lest he miss out on Hackenberg later). He got hung up on the chart value instead of saying to himself, whoa I can effectively move into the top 3 (since by then the Tunsil pic was outed as being years old), for the 20th and 51st picks. Nahhh. The pick is #10 now and the chart says I'm not pulling one over on the Giants. Never mind that he should have pulled the trigger to get to #1 when the offer was right there. He shrunk back into his shell on both offers.

They were never in the running to sign Osemele before the draft; they merely had rumored "interest" as usual. The Ravens made an offer in February at LT money, so the Jets were never going to get him in to play RG over Winters unless they wanted to pay LT money at the far cheaper RG position. That's on top of whatever else Oakland, San Fran, and any other interested teams were willing to offer, a year after Macc blew his salary cap wad.

Regardless, repeatedly saying he had "interest" in players on whom he didn't pull the trigger are not examples of placing high priority on elite OL veterans or prospects. It means he's interested in elite OLmen if and only if he can get them at below-market prices when everyone else is in the bidding for these players.

Yet he's not interested in such below-free-market amounts when he has his own player by the balls (Winters -- that same spring where Osemele was in play, was the time to lock him up, not when the player has the team by the balls after that final contract season's over. I mean, good for Winters, but not good for the Jets; it also has led to the team being locked into this mediocre-at-best RG for an extra year with no possible improvement until 2019). In proportion to everything else he's done wrong, it's minor ($3-4m/year, and locked into 2018 instead of the guaranteed portion being over already), but it's another window into why so many things don't go right.

So no starter-worthy, significant upgrades on the OL in the entire draft, really? You can tell this already, after a rookie season in which many are/were still behind an incumbent starter, but for any player he's drafted we're apparently supposed to give a requisite 2-3 years before making such judgments?

When they pre-grade a draft as being strong or weak at a position, it means one of two things: either it's thin at the position overall, and/or there isn't that 1 or 2 elite prospects at the position expected in the top 10. It doesn't mean there are no above-average prospects to be had at those positions.

He went into the season with Wesley Johnson on a 1-year RFA tag in a mulligan/rebuild-for-the-future season. There is no rationalization for that. He was in a position to draft another center, rescind that RFA tag (as well as the one for Williams who was already buried on the depth chart, and would be cut outright a few weeks later), and have some realistic competition and future hope at the position.

It's this "there so was interest" attitude - and understand, I'm not trying to single you out because we all want to believe the guys in charge of our team know what they're doing - that I find so problematic. That if the 1 player he wanted most is unattainable - or we're unwilling to pay that price - then lock the team into meh players for multiple seasons. This is why his supposedly-religious "BAP" drafting, without far heavier weight placed on which positions they play, has dug us such a hole and already wasted multiple seasons where we might have been able to make some serious noise. 

you know what, fuc* this guy.  the jets are much better off drafting a running back in the 2nd round, and using a lot of that cap space to buy an offensive line.  then draft a qb and you have a qb and rbs on the cheap.  bell is destined to get dinged up on his next contract anyway.  

if he wants to be paid, he should shut up about other nfl teams b/c now they will start wondering what he thinks of them.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

So no other OLmen starting in this league, that were taken between picks 5 and 152? C'mon.

The Pats didn't find their starting center for the past 3 seasons in late round 4? We instead pounced on a pass rusher with 4.9 speed in round 3, leading to him panicking into trading up for Petty in round 4.

Imagine if, instead of taking Mauldin and Petty, he'd taken Daryl Williams and Shaq Mason. Or Trent Brown with either the 7th rounder he traded away in his move-up for Petty or the one he traded for Zac Stacy, which then would have negated the "need" to burn a 2017 4th rounder to take Shell in round 5 a year later.

He took useless Jarvis Harrison in round 5 and that's it, despite knowing he had an aging and severely declined and still-declining expensive LT, an aging C, a hole+hope at one guard position, and trash at RT. It's certainly ok to find an OLman later in the draft, but when you've got an OL with current or upcoming problems it's not ok to only look to the late rounds and 2nd/3rd tier FAs.

The attempt to trade up for Tunsil ultimately was not a real attempt; it was an attempt only if he could get greater than internet-chart value for the pick (lest he miss out on Hackenberg later). He got hung up on the chart value instead of saying to himself, whoa I can effectively move into the top 3 (since by then the Tunsil pic was outed as being years old), for the 20th and 51st picks. Nahhh. The pick is #10 now and the chart says I'm not pulling one over on the Giants. Never mind that he should have pulled the trigger to get to #1 when the offer was right there. He shrunk back into his shell on both offers.

They were never in the running to sign Osemele before the draft; they merely had rumored "interest" as usual. The Ravens made an offer in February at LT money, so the Jets were never going to get him in to play RG over Winters unless they wanted to pay LT money at the far cheaper RG position. That's on top of whatever else Oakland, San Fran, and any other interested teams were willing to offer, a year after Macc blew his salary cap wad.

Regardless, repeatedly saying he had "interest" in players on whom he didn't pull the trigger are not examples of placing high priority on elite OL veterans or prospects. It means he's interested in elite OLmen if and only if he can get them at below-market prices when everyone else is in the bidding for these players.

Yet he's not interested in such below-free-market amounts when he has his own player by the balls (Winters -- that same spring where Osemele was in play, was the time to lock him up, not when the player has the team by the balls after that final contract season's over. I mean, good for Winters, but not good for the Jets; it also has led to the team being locked into this mediocre-at-best RG for an extra year with no possible improvement until 2019). In proportion to everything else he's done wrong, it's minor ($3-4m/year, and locked into 2018 instead of the guaranteed portion being over already), but it's another window into why so many things don't go right.

So no starter-worthy, significant upgrades on the OL in the entire draft, really? You can tell this already, after a rookie season in which many are/were still behind an incumbent starter, but for any player he's drafted we're apparently supposed to give a requisite 2-3 years before making such judgments?

When they pre-grade a draft as being strong or weak at a position, it means one of two things: either it's thin at the position overall, and/or there isn't that 1 or 2 elite prospects at the position expected in the top 10. It doesn't mean there are no above-average prospects to be had at those positions.

He went into the season with Wesley Johnson on a 1-year RFA tag in a mulligan/rebuild-for-the-future season. There is no rationalization for that. He was in a position to draft another center, rescind that RFA tag (as well as the one for Williams who was already buried on the depth chart, and would be cut outright a few weeks later), and have some realistic competition and future hope at the position.

It's this "there so was interest" attitude - and understand, I'm not trying to single you out because we all want to believe the guys in charge of our team know what they're doing - that I find so problematic. That if the 1 player he wanted most is unattainable - or we're unwilling to pay that price - then lock the team into meh players for multiple seasons. This is why his supposedly-religious "BAP" drafting, without far heavier weight placed on which positions they play, has dug us such a hole and already wasted multiple seasons where we might have been able to make some serious noise. 

Dude, you're basically the samurai of JN. Like, I'm picturing you twirling swords around in your hands while you posted this. 

Archived