LeVeon Bell: Not interested in the Jets (merged)

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

If there's any team outside of our Jets that I would like to see finally catch a break, it's CLE. My lord... the AFCN needs them to finally come around.

I don't disagree but damn, they have had so many draft picks and now cap to work with and they can't seem to do anything.  Nevertheless, there aren't many teams who can afford to throw mad money at Bell but they are one of them.  

24 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I know where I am and how fruitless asking this really is...Does it matter that Bell is hundreds of carries behind backs with total similar production entering his age 26 season? 

I like the part where you ignore his 85 catches this year and 75 catches last year because we all know the hits he takes on those plays don't count. 

I know plenty of RBs that put up crazy numbers/carries went on to be productive players for many more years. I own Leveon Bell in one of my fantasy leagues and I am keeping him for next year because I assume he will still be great. But even if you look at a guy like Emmitt Smith, who was a beast until the age of 26. The years after were still very productive, but he never reached the same YPC/TDs from 27 until he retired at 35.

Paying Bell a fortune would just be stupid, no matter how good he plays, he is unlikely to be the same player the next few years. Especially leaving Big Ben, Antonio Brown and the rest of that offense. 

5 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Sure I am - I missed on Oghobaase and Gholston a decade ago and trashed Wentz in 2015. Beyond that? Meh. Meh on getting labeled a fool by some guy who doesn’t get something as easy as time value of money too. Or uses W-L to evaluate individual players...or playoff record depending on personal feelings toward said player...

Forgot about the entire wilk thing?

41 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Cool. Was never interested. 

Same here. Didn't even realize it was a thing. That would be drafting Hackenburgh in the second round type of dumb. Too many good young cheap backs in the draft. Plus with our line the way it is,  could easily turn Leveon Bell into Matt Forte. We need some O line attention in free agency. Especially if we are moving towards a zone scheme.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

No worries the Jets will get the last laugh when they sign LeVeon Bell when he's 34 and broken down and use him as a feature RB. 

You’re assuming Bowles won’t still be trotting out 41 year old Matt Forte at that point 

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Twitter is free and 60 million ain’t enough to run with the Jets. Also, sorry @SenorGato, you’ll have to adjust your offseason plan. 

If we can’t get a running back star to come to the jets, forget about a qb lol. That’s a major diss ha. Pitt abused him already, and I’m sure seeing Bowles run forte into likely retirement he said no way.

15 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

If we can’t get a running back star to come to the jets, forget about a qb lol. That’s a major diss ha. Pitt abused him already, and I’m sure seeing Bowles run forte into likely retirement he said no way.

I was thinking the same thing here.  I don't quite understand the dynamic.

On one hand I did not get that Pittsburgh, one of the best managed franchises, was willing to pay him what they were.  Then I did not understand how Bell was willing to turn down guaranteed multiple year money for a Franchise Tag.

With this team it would definitely be crazy for the Jets to want Bell, when at best they are competitive in 2019/20.  But on the other hand, it is not great sign that he would turn down our money.  Would Cousins too?

Sooooo if you had a chance to play for the Jets being a die hard fan, or another organization who you know hasn’t broke your heart every single year, and might have a chance to actually win something would you choose Heartbreak, and Jets, or winning franchise if money is equal?

In case you missed it Bell apparently IS a Die Hard Jets fan!

http://jetswire.usatoday.com/2016/01/24/steelers-running-back-leveon-bell-is-a-die-hard-jets-fan/

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Sooooo if you had a chance to play for the Jets being a die hard fan, or another organization who you know hasn’t broke your heart every single year, and might have a chance to actually win something would you choose Heartbreak, and Jets, or winning franchise if money is equal?

In case you missed it Bell apparently IS a Die Hard Jets fan!

http://jetswire.usatoday.com/2016/01/24/steelers-running-back-leveon-bell-is-a-die-hard-jets-fan/

He isn't a die hard fan. 

Just now, HighPitch said:

LOL thats ok we dont want you either 

you can easily be replaced by a 2nd round pick for a tiny fraction of that dough

Exactly. I’m not the least bit offended because I wouldn’t want to spend any money on this guy when there are plenty of other, cheaper, options for us to find. 

Prepare the pitchforks:

Carlos Hyde had 59 receptions this year in Shanny Jr’s offense, and almost cracked 1,000 rushing. 

He’s the perfect zone-blocking (Denver-type) back to hammer out the tough yards with Powell/Maguire there to do the zig-zag stuff.

cheap too compared to Bell. 

Archived