Per sources, Jets could offer Kirk Cousins fully guaranteed contract. (Merged Cousins Jets $$$ thread)

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, but when you sign a 3-year, $96M deal with $61M guaranteed and then get another year tacked on for $35M, at some point, you have to be the driving force behind a big win. 

He's started 4 postseason games in his career and has just 5 passing TDs across those games (1-3 record).  His team just lost to the #6-seed at home.  I can understand Vikings fans directing some of the blame Cousins' way.

6th seed looked like they were practicing vs air when they had the ball.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think an overall philosophy of spending over 1/6th of your cap on a "meh" QB has played a significant factor in the Vikings losing games like they lost on Saturday, yes.  

Surprisingly this didn't prevent them from winning 13 games this year. 

could you give your NFL QB rankings with the "meh" section included? I'm not sure what this means.

• Upvote 1

On 2/17/2018 at 3:29 PM, dbatesman said:

JANUARY 2022 [Jets have gone 32-32 over the last four seasons, with one playoff appearance—a loss in the wild card game]: pretty genious that Macc was able to get out of this contract after four seasons

I distinctly remember laughing at this post at the time, but now I'm laughing at myself on the inside for laughing at it. 

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think an overall philosophy of spending over 1/6th of your cap on a "meh" QB has played a significant factor in the Vikings losing games like they lost on Saturday, yes.  

Who would we be losing in order to sign a QB to this deal? That's always my question, who exactly are you missing out on?

Jets roster is loaded, you add Carr to this team and miss out on signing every other non-jet free agent and I think we are a SB contender

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Surprisingly this didn't prevent them from winning 13 games this year. 

could you give your NFL QB rankings with the "meh" section included? I'm not sure what this means.

No one ever said Kirk isn't an excellent regular season QB.  It's the postseason where things get hairy.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

We’ve literally had some of the worst quarterback play in the history of the NFL over the last 30 years and some of you have the nerve to say we couldn’t have used cousins. 

I mean were you not here for the Chad Pennington era?  We've experience QB purgatory.  It's not that fun.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Who would we be losing in order to sign a QB to this deal? That's always my question, who exactly are you missing out on?

Jets roster is loaded, you add Carr to this team and miss out on signing every other non-jet free agent and I think we are a SB contender

Probably not losing any current players (QW could easily be brought back) but you're mostly just running it back with the current roster + 2023 draft class and just adding Carr as your QB1.  

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So he's slightly better than Ryan Fitzpatrick, who many here despise.  

I have no problem if they decide to sign Carr my problem is people are being hyperbolic about how good he is....he puts us back in the Ken Obrien, Vinny T, Chad Pennington, Old Favre, and good Fitz range of QB we have been in periodically.  He isn't bEst Qb SiNCe nAmATH SuPer BOwl HEre WE cOME.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, undertow said:

I have no problem if they decide to sign Carr my problem is people are being hyperbolic about how good he is....he puts us back in the Ken Obrien, Vinny T, Chad Pennington, Old Favre, and good Fitz range of QB we have been in periodically.  He isn't bEst Qb SiNCe nAmATH SuPer BOwl HEre WE cOME.

I can't speak for everyone, obviously, but I think this has more to do with how good our defense is. These type of QB's seem good enough for the offense to score enough points to win games when our d doesn't give up a lot. It also would give the d more opportunities to create turnovers because opposing offenses would have to be more aggressive.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

We’ve literally had some of the worst quarterback play in the history of the NFL over the last 30 years and some of you have the nerve to say we couldn’t have used cousins. 

I love the "No Lamar! He is going to be not as productive in a few years!" crowd. Then I look at Mike White and Flacco. 

• Upvote 1

No matter who we sign the argument will continue. Even if we win a Super Bowl there will still be some complaints about one thing or another.  For example, We are Lucky we one the game because we won’t see the playoffs again with this guy under Center,  if the opposing teams defense wasn’t full of injuries, etc.

22 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

waiting on your NFL QB ranking scale with the meh categoryr.

Not sure why it matters because you're gonna just try to pick it apart, but sure.

Carr, Cousins, Russ, Kyler Murray, Dak, Goff, Wentz, Matt Ryan, Tannehill, Jimmy G. 

All of those QBs are currently in the $30M+ per year camp except Jimmy G, who isn't making much currently but likely will when he hits free agency.  That's your "QB purgatory" list.  

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not sure why it matters because you're gonna just try to pick it apart, but sure.

Carr, Cousins, Russ, Kyler Murray, Dak, Goff, Wentz, Matt Ryan, Tannehill, Jimmy G. 

All of those QBs are currently in the $30M+ per year camp except Jimmy G, who isn't making much currently but likely will when he hits free agency.  That's your "QB purgatory" list.  

So who then?

Rodger/Brady fantasies?

Yet another #1 draft pick?

Better purgatory than hell.

I've had enough of hell.

40 minutes ago, pointman said:

I love the "No Lamar! He is going to be not as productive in a few years!" crowd. Then I look at Mike White and Flacco. 

The False Choice fallacy is a type of logical fallacy in which a person has only presented two choices, and the person is misled to believe that these are the only options. In short, False Choice’s fallacy is the assumption that there are only two options for a decision when in reality, there are more.