ODB smoking weed with some coke on the side

GATA

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

If/When the Giants let him go, lets make him a Los Yet. Guy's the truth as far as playing WR. If we can forgive and forget that Ray Lewis prooobably killed a guy....

Giants are never letting him go. 

Actually, the NFL & NFLPA agreed last year to lower the penalties for smoking weed and made the test easier to pass by raising the threshold for a positive drug test for weed.

Any problem for ODB from the video is the coke.  I believe NFL follows the other sports and having the harshest penalties for "drugs of abuse," that is coke, heroin, etc.  For weed, a first time positive test or equivalent (other substantiated evidence of use) doesn't even get a suspension. Just entry into the NFL's drug program.  A positive test for coke or the equivalent gets the player suspended.

The Giants left Brown behind when they flew to London on Thursday night, saying it "makes sense" to "revisit the issue" when they return. The NFL, meanwhile, was on the defensive, saying it didn't have access to the just-released journals and letters in which the kicker acknowledged a history of abuse and other troubling behavior until Wednesday night. But there was a mountain of other information out there had the NFL bothered to really look at it.

“Certainly he admitted to us that he abused his wife," Giants owner John Mara said in an interview with WFAN.

The classy giants and their owner

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I wonder if there are any retarded Giants fans calling for ODB to be cut like Jets fans want Robby Anderson cut. 

I wonder if there are any dumb ( I wont use that word ^^) fans who think the 2 players are similar in talent.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I wonder if there are any dumb ( I wont use that word ^^) fans who think the 2 players are similar in talent.

The Jets idiot is our leading WR with 940 yards and 7 TDs and only gets paid 600k in 2018, so yeah, you'd have to dumb/retarded to want him cut. 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The Jets idiot is our leading WR with 940 yards and 7 TDs and only gets paid 600k in 2018, so yeah, you'd have to dumb/retarded to want him cut. 

Jets team leaders aren't top 10 leaders in the NFL and Robbie Anderson only has those stats because McCown favored him and the rest of WR's are mediocre. 

8 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I agree that marijuana should be legal...but these guys are f*cking morons who risk tens of millions of dollars just to get stoned.

It’s pot for gods sake. Just don’t do it. Simple as that. Anyone who tells you that weed is addictive must possess zero willpower whatsoever.

A guy like Josh Gordon could be making $16-17 million a year right now if he wasn’t such a dumbass. Instead, he’s one more failed piss test away from his career being over.

I hear ya, but speaking from experience...pot is a great alternative to opioid pain maintenance. The NFL needs to get with the 21st century 

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Jets team leaders aren't top 10 leaders in the NFL and Robbie Anderson only has those stats because McCown favored him and the rest of WR's are mediocre. 

That's why I pointed out that Anderson is only getting 600k this year. It's like some of you don't understand the significance of the cap. You aren't finding a replacement for Anderson for 600k. 

You'll have to pay someone 6-10 million a year for 3 or more years and then you'll complain in future years when we lose out on a free agent because we over spent on wr to replace Anderson.

It's just idiotic to want Anderson cut.

13 minutes ago, freestater said:

I hear ya, but speaking from experience...pot is a great alternative to opioid pain maintenance. The NFL needs to get with the 21st century 

I totally agree

Hell, I smoked on a pretty regular basis from 12 until around 42/43.

But would I risk foregoing tens of millions just to get high? Sh*t no. Hell, at least I can still drink with basically no repercussions at all unless I commit a crime or act like a complete and utter assh0le to the people that are close to me.

You have maybe a 10 year window in the NFL (again, if you’re lucky) and then you’re done.

Get baked 24/7 after that for all I care.

But risking setting up yourself and your family to live like kings until your dying days, just to get high?

That’s dumb as hell to me.

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I totally agree

Hell, I smoked on a pretty regular basis from 12 until around 42/43.

But would I risk foregoing tens of millions just to get high? Sh*t no. Hell, at least I can still drink with basically no repercussions at all unless I commit a crime.

You have maybe a 10 year window in the NFL (again, if you’re lucky) and then you’re done.

Get baked 24/7 after that for all I care.

But risking setting up yourself and your family to live like kings until your dying days, just to get high?

That’s dumb as hell to me.

Again, totally get where you're coming from. Just think it's ridiculous for any company or sports league to essentially steer their employees towards opioid (because of stigmatizing such an alternative) for pain management 

Generational talent or not, I’m not paying a wr 20 million per year if he has a coke problem and a penchant for being caught.  I mean what type of idiot let’s someone take a cell phone video when he’s in a contract year and has drugs around.  It either means he’s an absolute idiot, or he was likely dosed out of his mind.  Neither is something I want to wager my franchise on.  

12 minutes ago, freestater said:

Again, totally get where you're coming from. Just think it's ridiculous for any company or sports league to essentially steer their employees towards opioid (because of stigmatizing such an alternative) for pain management 

Someone very close to me has epilepsy. Seizures do not happen when they have weed. Seizures are an almost every day occurance when they're on the seizure meds and no weed. 

I'm done apologizing for sticking up for weed. If someone thinks its ok to lock another human in a cage for it then I dont care to know those people. Its sickening. 

22 hours ago, Dcronin said:

Stupidest country in the world. An opioid epidemic destroying thousands, maybe millions of families, and a drug that between 0 and 2 people have ever od'd from is still a lightning rod.

Make it legal. Who gives a sh*t. These guys are treated like cattle and risk life and limb to entertain.

It's all about WHO makes money from it.

Archived