Brandin Cooks traded to Rams from Patriots

jetstream23

20 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

There’s credible talk of Gronk getting traded in the next few weeks as well. Belichick sure is a ballsy mofo

Or maybe, there is a tiny chance Belly is about to leave and he does it on bad terms and throws the bird at the franchise on the way out leaving them with nothing so they are left standing hugging air? A boy can dream. 

3 minutes ago, Bombdirt said:

Is it just me or does a first-round pick for Cooks sound kind of high? 

That was my thought exactly.  They traded their #1 pick the year before (which was the worst pick in the 1st round because they had just won the superbowl).  This year they upgrade to the #23 pick after getting a year out of Cooks.  And Cooks didn't seem to step up for them either.  This looks like a very good trade for the Pats.

28 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

Pats are going to #2 for Rosen. Panic Stations.

Highly unlikely they'd get him for their 2 late 1st rounders.  Maybe if they get another #1 for Gronk they can trade all 3.  I still don't think that's a Belichick move.  Since when does he trade up like that?

5 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I bet B.B. would love mayfield. 

I doubt Belichick will draft a QB. He was just forced to trade away Garappolo to the 49er's for peanuts and was PISSED over it. I doubt Belichick is going to draft a QB again and leave the Patriots in a good position....he's petty like that. 

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Saints and pats have given up on cooks pretty quickly and its not his play on the field.  Must be something behind the scenes we dont know about.

of course pats now have 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds.  Ugh.  The pats are just unreal.

but they miss more often then hitting on those picks. esp in the first round what they do well is sign vets that fit their system and cheat like the devil

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_England_Patriots_first-round_draft_picks

Ive been a fan of the Rams' moves thus, but this however, was dumb. Buyers remorse will set in like a hang over tomorrow IMO. 

Cooks so Cooks and Tavon Austin are gonna combine like transformers to great a 6'4 proper #1 WR?.... They had Woods, who was phenomenal, Cooper Kupp, and Josh Reynolds... Dumb.

Just now, Paradis said:

Ive been a fan of the Rams' moves thus, but this however, was dumb. Buyers remorse will set in like a hang over tomorrow IMO. 

Cooks so Cooks and Tavon Austin are gonna combine like transformers to great a 6'4 proper #1 WR?.... They had Woods, who was phenomenal, Cooper Kupp, and Josh Reynolds... Dumb.

A healthy Todd Gurley will hide all.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Saints and pats have given up on cooks pretty quickly and its not his play on the field.  Must be something behind the scenes we dont know about

hmmm yea it was. I'm not sure when Brandon Cooks became a defacto #1, but he's never produced at that level -- AND he fcking dropped the ball (literally and figuratively) on a handful of crucial drives last year. 

I'm biased -- never thought Cooks was more than a glorified #2 -- but you've got selective memory if you don't remember those butt-fumble moments.

I like cooks but I'm not sure giving up a 1st rounderer. I think he's an improvement from Sammy Watkins and Robert woods though.

On a side note, I think this trade gives some credibility to the thread posted about the giants intentions for OBJ and drafting Barkley 2. The guy specifically called out the rams as a team the giants had talks with. 

48 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That was my thought exactly.  They traded their #1 pick the year before (which was the worst pick in the 1st round because they had just won the superbowl).  This year they upgrade to the #23 pick after getting a year out of Cooks.  And Cooks didn't seem to step up for them either.  This looks like a very good trade for the Pats.

Cooks didn't step up - really? 1082 yards, 16.6 average and 7 TDs is stepping up in my book.

Archived