Podcast : Dan Orlovsky interviewed on the Top Five QB Prospects

Gangrene

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Closer the draft gets. The more trade to 3 = looks like panic move after missing Cousins.

It really is bothersome. It feels like they did half ass job. Obviously the price to move up to 1 is greater than 3, but if you're going to move up to 3, you give up the higher price for 1. I don't understand why you give up 3 second round picks to possibly get the 3rd QB on your board. Shouldn't there be more conviction with your QB rankings? Am I missing something here? 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Good listen.

His comments on Allen are very telling.....he's moving down on my list sorry to say

If we thought taking hack in the late 2nd was bad, imagine the team that takes him top 6 and may even trade up to get him.  But not the jets, we're getting Rosen or mayfield, and running bates' WCO.  

Closer the draft gets. The more trade to 3 = looks like panic move after missing Cousins.

Yep.  Who trades up for #3 BEFORE the draft?  Dude didn't even call the Giants about #2 and leaves himself open to being leapfrogged for Rosen (who will got #2).  

2 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Yep.  Who trades up for #3 BEFORE the draft?  Dude didn't even call the Giants about #2 and leaves himself open to being leapfrogged for Rosen (who will got #2).  

If the jets didn't trade to 3 we'd all be sitting here panicking that we won't get a qb at 6.  Now you have every other team in the division angling for qbs, the jets got there first but we still can't admit that mccagnan outsmarted them.  Now the browns will take darnold, we get either Rosen or mayfield and allen is a disaster waiting to happen.  Mccagnan knows this and so he eliminated the possibility that he would get stuck taking allen or a scrub in the 2nd round.  

Just now, Augustiniak said:

If the jets didn't trade to 3 we'd all be sitting here panicking that we won't get a qb at 6.  Now you have every other team in the division angling for qbs, the jets got there first but we still can't admit that mccagnan outsmarted them.  Now the browns will take darnold, we get either Rosen or mayfield and allen is a disaster waiting to happen.  Mccagnan knows this and so he eliminated the possibility that he would get stuck taking allen or a scrub in the 2nd round.  

Exactly.  He panicked because he was worried that the Bills would get in front of him.  The moron put himself in this position.  So he had to trade up to get the scraps.  Meanwhile, the Giants will have Josh Rosen, who will be much better than Mayfield.

Just now, detectivekimble said:

Exactly.  He panicked because he was worried that the Bills would get in front of him.  The moron put himself in this position.  So he had to trade up to get the scraps.  Meanwhile, the Giants will have Josh Rosen, who will be much better than Mayfield.

Not just the bills, but the dolphins, cardinals, broncos and anyone else.  

Half the Rosen comments i read here are about how fragile he is, how he will retire after only a few years, how he isn't a pure leader, how his former college coach doesn't even speak highly of him.  Now he's a great qb on the giants and we get crap.  

No, the SOJ crap stops now!  We're getting a good qb, we have a real offensive coordinator, and we're going to win the division in 2019.

Maybe.  But even if the means to the end were poor, I think we needed to do something.  If this were a clear cut 2-QB class, that would be one thing.  But it just doesn't seem that's the case this year.  

1 hour ago, detectivekimble said:

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

Not just the bills, but the dolphins, cardinals, broncos and anyone else.  

Half the Rosen comments i read here are about how fragile he is, how he will retire after only a few years, how he isn't a pure leader, how his former college coach doesn't even speak highly of him.  Now he's a great qb on the giants and we get crap.  

No, the SOJ crap stops now!  We're getting a good qb, we have a real offensive coordinator, and we're going to win the division in 2019.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe.  But even if the means to the end were poor, I think we needed to do something.  If this were a clear cut 2-QB class, that would be one thing.  But it just doesn't seem that's the case this year.  

I understand what you are all saying but they should have paid the price to get up to 1. It's just speculation but if the price to pick 1 was our 1st and 2nds this year, and next years 1st and 2nd, then I feel they should have pulled the trigger. I think it would have been smarter to give up those picks for the first slot than giving up 3 seconds to pick 3rd. They must have a clear #1 QB on their board and it should have been that outcome than possibly picking your 3rd best prospect.

10 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

I understand what you are all saying but they should have paid the price to get up to 1. It's just speculation but if the price to pick 1 was our 1st and 2nds this year, and next years 1st and 2nd, then I feel they should have pulled the trigger. I think it would have been smarter to give up those picks for the first slot than giving up 3 seconds to pick 3rd. They must have a clear #1 QB on their board and it should have been that outcome than possibly picking your 3rd best prospect.

Maybe #1 was just not for sale.   And perhaps they may still make a move for #2 on draft day as the Giants squeeze something out of them for dropping just one spot.

1 minute ago, Dinamite said:

Maybe #1 was just not for sale.   And perhaps they may still make a move for #2 on draft day as the Giants squeeze something out of them for dropping just one spot.

Youre right, maybe 1 was not for sale. I just don't like the half ass feel of moving up to 3, and getting possibly the 3rd best QB on your board. But I get the argument of getting your 3rd best prospect is better than getting none of the top 4 prospects at 6. 

I get lots of butt fumbles whenever I say this but again, would have preferred Jackson at 6 and keeping the second round picks.

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's funny so many are referencing the "two QB draft stuff" when tons of people seem confident Josh Allen is going top 2.

Yes and Paxton Lynch was going top 5, Geno Smith mid 1st round, Aaron Rodgers 1st overall yada yada yada.

8 hours ago, Stark said:

don't usually quote myself but man. The points on he makes on Allen, accuracy, and system/Wentz comparisons is damn spot on.

Also his comments on the coaches in the league after the Allen stuff is good. 

Orlovsky kind of surprised the sh!t out of me here, and seems to share a lot of the same thoughts as me and a lot of posters here.

Pass

7 hours ago, C Mart said:

what have his injuries been? I know reportedly 2 concussions and a shoulder procedure to allow the injury to heal on it's own. Which didn't show any affects this past season. any others?

Doesn't Mayfield have the same number of concussions?

No one talks about Mayfields 2 concussions for some reason.  Only Rosens.  How anyone can say they watched Rosen and Mayfield and want us to draft Mayfield is beyond me.  

Cleveland was not trading the 1st pick this year and would be insane to do so. They need a QB and have their pick of the litter. Not this time. No matter what they say, they’re taking a QB at 1 this year.

Giants were never trading with the Jets to give them their franchise QB. Just wasn’t going to happen. Frankly I think the Giants will end up taking a QB too.

The Jets made the best move they could make and secured it before it was too late - without giving up a 2nd #1. Good, smart football decision.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

I wonder what’s Brett Ratliff’s opinion of the top qbs 

but we are supposed to trust your opinions ... because you have so much experience playing the position. 

1 hour ago, Stark said:

but we are supposed to trust your opinions ... because you have so much experience playing the position. 

Well you guys have no problem dismissing Phil Simms opinion on Josh Allen and he was actually good

16 hours ago, Paradis said:

Really? @Beerfish get in here too. 

You guys got cut this 2-QB draft & Macc's an idiot stuff out. It is what it is, and they're here for the next year. There's only so much whining i can take.

There's no such thing as 2-QB draft. Last year was a no-QB draft and look how that sh*t turned out.

Is there an Andrew Luck? No, maybe not -- but then that guy hasn't done much that Sanchez didn't do, and he's been fcking hurt for 3 years. People talk about Rosen being brittle..

We traded up as high as we could.. not only to ensure we get the guy(s) we like, but also cause other a$$hole teams like BUF were to leapfrog us. LEAPFROG US... SAY IT OUT LOUD. Cause i swear to fck you guys seem to magically forget that getting ahead of NYJ & DEN is going to be every team's agenda if they want a QB

Get over it and move on. Even if we end up with Baker (we should be so lucky) its still 1000000000000000000 times better than last year AND there is a possibility he's the one. He's not christian ponder. He's a winner. Sometimes thats' enough. 

Whenever I see the part bolded in a post about the Jets I know we are talking about a big fat fail or big fat potential fail.

Also pooh poohing a 2 QB draft....Goff, Wentz...............Paxton Lynch, Hackenburg

Winston, Mariota..............Garret Grayson, Sean Manion

The 3rd best QB is ................................ away from the top two for some on here.  It's as simple as that.  We traded three 2nd rounders and like the Jeys often do, half assed it.

If you love Allen, Mayfield and Jackson more power to you.  All of them have some positive attributes but in my mind they are not close to Rosen and Darnold.

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I will acknowledge it was a very good move to trade up to 3 and when Mac passes on him because of Woody’s stupidity I will cry

So you actually believe that Woody will make the pick at 3.  

And you typed this, read it and hit submit. 

26 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Whenever I see the part bolded in a post about the Jets I know we are talking about a big fat fail or big fat potential fail.

Also pooh poohing a 2 QB draft....Goff, Wentz...............Paxton Lynch, Hackenburg

The 3rd best QB is ................................ away from the top two for some on here.  It's as simple as that.  We traded three 2nd rounders and like the Jeys often do, half assed it.

If you love Allen, Mayfield and Jackson more power to you.  All of them have some positive attributes but in my mind they are not close to Rosen and Darnold.

YOU think this is a 2 QB draft.  Because we're at 3 you think it even more.  You keep posting this over and over.  Can't help thinking that If we picked second you'd whine that this is a one QB draft.  

Because you know, it's the jets so....."I know we are talking about a big fat fail or big fat potential fail."

40 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Well you guys have no problem dismissing Phil Simms opinion on Josh Allen and he was actually good

From what Ive listened to from Phil Simms on Inside the NFL the last 5 years or so, he is a doofus more often than not.  Sure he played in the NFL.  So what?  That doesn't make his extreme opinions correct and he is wrong more often than not on that show and I don't trust much of his prognostications.  You give him way too much credit.  He's nothing more than a talking head in a nice suit.

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

YOU think this is a 2 QB draft.  Because we're at 3 you think it even more.  You keep posting this over and over.  Can't help thinking that If we picked second you'd whine that this is a one QB draft.  

Because you know, it's the jets so....."I know we are talking about a big fat fail or big fat potential fail."

No, not correct, false.  I think it is a two QB draft becasue I think there are two QBs at the top who are FAR better than the guys coming after.  If the Jets had traded up to 1 or 2 I would be elated.  I will be equally elated if one of the top two QBs drop to three.

Feel free to evaluate the QBs how you think they should be evaluated.  How you view them is not going to change how I view them.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Last time the Giants drafted #2 overall, and the Jets #3 overall the Giants got LT, the Jets Freeman McNeil what could go wrong?  

Yes I know McNeil was a good RB, but like usual the Giants get the HOF player while the Jets get the hey he wasn’t bad thou player.  SOJ!

48 minutes ago, Dcat said:

From what Ive listened to from Phil Simms on Inside the NFL the last 5 years or so, he is a doofus more often than not.  Sure he played in the NFL.  So what?  That doesn't make his extreme opinions correct and he is wrong more often than not on that show and I don't trust much of his prognostications.  You give him way too much credit.  He's nothing more than a talking head in a nice suit.

Simms was a very good pro qb who won a Super Bowl and is currently a well respected national broadcaster.  Orlovsky is a doofus ex-player who was horrible and involved in the dumbest play in the history of the nfl

I think I’ll go with Simms?

55 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So you actually believe that Woody will make the pick at 3.  

And you typed this, read it and hit submit. 

If it comes down to Rosen and Mayfield we will pass on Rosen because of Woody

God I would love to be wrong

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Simms was a very good pro qb who won a Super Bowl and is currently a well respected national broadcaster.  Orlovsky is a doofus ex-player who was horrible and involved in the dumbest play in the history of the nfl

I think I’ll go with Simms?

be my guest. He's wrong more often than he is right.  I've been listening to him long enough to know he is just another ex-pro who is nothing more than a wind bag on the air. 

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

No, not correct, false.  I think it is a two QB draft becasue I think there are two QBs at the top who are FAR better than the guys coming after.  If the Jets had traded up to 1 or 2 I would be elated.  I will be equally elated if one of the top two QBs drop to three.

Feel free to evaluate the QBs how you think they should be evaluated.  How you view them is not going to change how I view them.

That's what I said, you see 2qbs, others see 3.  So you think it's stupid.  You don't think it's ok to see it as others want, it's stupid

Archived