Browns just said they'll listen to offers for both their picks

jetstream23

2 hours ago, Pac said:

At some point the Browns are going to have to draft players.  What more can you ask for than the 1st, 4th, 33rd, and 35th picks to start off with???  If the picks turn into stars they're not going to be able to pay them all as it is.

You obviously don't know the math that batesman does. Supposedly the Browns know a level of math that the rest of humanity doesn't know.

When the Browns have the entire first round in 2027, the Browns, and batesman, will be laughing their asses off at the rest of us.

13 hours ago, SMC said:

He really has a chance to draft 2 stars, and he doesn't have the balls to pull the trigger.  Absurd.

He'd get penny on the dollar in trading the 1st and 4th.  

they are not trading the first pick in a draft.  maybe 4.

12 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

And we traded 3 2s to get there. Glad we had those extra moral victory wins. Only the Jets. Wait no... Only the Jets and the Browns.

Get over it already. We got 1 of the twos by trading Sheldon on a one year rental to Seattle, brilliant. So in essence, we traded a couple of 2s, one this year, 1 next year, without having to give up next years #1 to get Mayfield or Rosen, totally worth it! 

Unless of course your missing our past #2s like Stephen Hill & Vlad Ducasse? or that stud Jace Amaro? Jets nail the QB it won't matter, we'll have 100 million next year to sign guys better or as good as what we could have drafted with two 2s this year and if we had NO QB just how much can they do anyway?

11 hours ago, flgreen said:

It really doesn't affect the Jets at all.

Doubt the Browns sell #1.  That needs to be a QB, or Dorsey needs to be committed.  #4 is going to be a different situation.  Depends how the draft falls.  If the Giants take Barkley there will still be two QB's on the board.  That pick will have some real value.  

This is where the Bills most likely will wind up.  It will cost them dearly, but I think they might have a choice of Allen, Rosen.  

This is what people don't get. When the Jets moved to 3 they did it because they knew at 3 that Mayfield or Rosen are guaranteed to be there. If not, then Darnold is the consolation prize. 

Jets get their QB in 2018, no matter what the noise is around them. For 2 twos in 2018 & 1 in 2019, without giving up our 1st round pick in 2019....f*cking awesome!

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Get over it already. We got 1 of the twos by trading Sheldon on a one year rental to Seattle, brilliant. So in essence, we traded a couple of 2s, one this year, 1 next year, without having to give up next years #1 to get Mayfield or Rosen, totally worth it! 

Unless of course your missing our past #2s like Stephen Hill & Vlad Ducasse? or that stud Jace Amaro? Jets nail the QB it won't matter, we'll have 100 million next year to sign guys better or as good as what we could have drafted with two 2s this year and if we had NO QB just how much can they do anyway?

So because Macc is just as bad as everyone else at drafting we should celebrate him giving out our second round picks like candy?

10 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Browns: “We’ll listen to offers”

Broncos: “We might move up, we might move down, we might stay put and draft the best player available”

Jets: “We’re taking Baker Mayfield!”

Macagnan is as dumb as rock

A team like the Browns would be foolish not to listen to offers, especially in this draft.

If say Buffalo wants to trade the Browns two #1's and two #2's this year to trade up to #4?  They'd have to listen, and should (IMO) take it.

The Browns are thin on talent, even after a pretty successful FA season.

If they can turn pick #4 into four possible starters with two later #1's and two #2's, you'd have to think is something to ponder.  Especially if they go with Barkley at #1, and are uncertain on this entire top-group of QB's (a possibility).

In any event, doesn't matter to us.  I don't see anyone paying the price to go to #1 (except for some idiot, like say, Macc!) so it's likely #4 on the table.  We pick #3, so won't effect us or our pick.

In before Macc trades our 2019, 2020 and 2021 #1 picks to trade up to #1.....

This is nothing to get riled up for...they are not trading BOTH picks. They probably want Allen and all indications are they can get him with either pick. So they are hoping someone jumps to #1 and they can get him at #4. If they trade #4 they get him at 1. 

Not totally out of the realm of reality. 

15 hours ago, Jetster said:

You say that as if I've started twenty threads about it. I'm over it, doesn't mean I can't make note of it. I'm aware of the 2nd round trend. Calling Alex ******* Van Dyke. Relax, I'm far ahead of what you're thinking in your reply.

18 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

You say that as if I've started twenty threads about it. I'm over it, doesn't mean I can't make note of it. I'm aware of the 2nd round trend. Calling Alex ******* Van Dyke. Relax, I'm far ahead of what you're thinking in your reply.

I just figured since you go by EMBRACE THE SUCK you were just being overly negative ?

On 4/19/2018 at 6:35 PM, RSJ said:

Maybe the top players dont want to play for them. Seems we have heard a few hints of this. It wouldnt be good for the player or the team to leak it - but it’s possible that the guys they want told them they wouldnt want to be there.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Then they won’t play in the NFL. 

On 4/20/2018 at 9:21 AM, Warfish said:

A team like the Browns would be foolish not to listen to offers, especially in this draft.

If say Buffalo wants to trade the Browns two #1's and two #2's this year to trade up to #4?  They'd have to listen, and should (IMO) take it.

The Browns are thin on talent, even after a pretty successful FA season.

If they can turn pick #4 into four possible starters with two later #1's and two #2's, you'd have to think is something to ponder.  Especially if they go with Barkley at #1, and are uncertain on this entire top-group of QB's (a possibility).

In any event, doesn't matter to us.  I don't see anyone paying the price to go to #1 (except for some idiot, like say, Macc!) so it's likely #4 on the table.  We pick #3, so won't effect us or our pick.

In before Macc trades our 2019, 2020 and 2021 #1 picks to trade up to #1.....

Respectfully disagree regarding the Browns trading unless they only go back to 5. The Browns have a ton of picks already and have an opportunity to pick 2 of the top players in the draft that can quickly turn around the franchise. The last thing they need is more picks. They had a lot of cap room and signed enough players. They need blue chip players - they may not get them later in the first round. The top 8 or so players have separated themselves from the rest for a reason. If I was the Browns GM I pretty much know who will be there and would pick a QB and either Chubb or Barkley - and then load up in the second round as well. 

On 4/20/2018 at 8:11 AM, Philc1 said:

So because Macc is just as bad as everyone else at drafting we should celebrate him giving out our second round picks like candy?

On 4/20/2018 at 8:12 AM, Philc1 said:

Macagnan is as dumb as rock

What worries me is that I want a QB drafted at 3 but since there don’t appear to be any Irish ones, do you think Maccagnan will make the move?  I’m actually thinking that he gets confused and takes Fitzpatrick..the d back.

Archived