Baker Mayfield and the AIQ test

Pointdexter

7 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I've seen you post it, yes.  These guys aren't choirboys and if they were they'd probably be pretty crappy at football.  My feeling is that this guy wants to succeed so badly that he is not going to let this kind of stuff get in his way.  You hate him.  We get it.  Only time will tell if he will be the success I expect him to be in the NFL.  Who do you want to draft?

too big of a risk to me with all of the other questions and the fact that the NY market is brutal to play in -I think he will flame out like many of the other heisman qbs once he hits the NFL. I am in the anybody but him camp-

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

How many pedestrians did you run over?

Truth be told, I was terrible.  Which didnt make sense to me at the time because I was great at multi-tasking and played a sh*t ton of video games.  Dudes that were half the athlete killed me in it but I smoked a lot more weed so...

3 minutes ago, kmnj said:

too big of a risk to me with all of the other questions and the fact that the NY market is brutal to play in -I think he will flame out like many of the other heisman qbs once he hits the NFL. I am in the anybody but him camp-

I understand your point of view.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Truth be told, I was terrible.  Which didnt make sense to me at the time because I was great at multi-tasking and played a sh*t ton of video games.  Dudes that were half the athlete killed me in it but I smoked a lot more weed so...

I hope you remember that and put down the bong when you drive on this the 20th of April. 

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I hope you remember that and put down the bong when you drive on this the 20th of April. 

To be fair, there are not noises and colors and signs that relate to a specific button that I need to memorize and push with in 3 seconds of the corresponding affect. 

11 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I understand your point of view.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

I fully believe BM will be the pick and once it happens I will root like hell for him to win but I hope we go in another direction-

29 minutes ago, JiF said:

I took something similar once and was also terrible.  It was, at least partially, because I am red/green color-blind.  Until I explained that, they were pretty confused.

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

I'm at a point now that I'll be crushed if he gets taken before us. I'm on board with Mayfield, I said before Baker did an accuracy test at the NFL network studios in Culver City CA. They set up 5 nets with 1' X 1' logos of the teams he might go to. He just strolled out in jeans & a Tshirt, spun his arm around a little to warmup & proceeded to throw perfect darts right through the center of these logos, tearing a few of them in half. Scientific? Of course not, but god damn, it was an incredible display of accuracy with confidence. It was f*cking impressive. I think Mayfield is a taller, stronger, better built, more accurate QB with a stronger arm than Doug Flutie, who would probably been a star in this new NFL.

lol I saw this too...love the kid...plus he missed the one for the Bills. #browniepoints

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

Why wouldn't he be available? Come on.Do I need to spell it out for you? Or do you think Mayfield is so bad no one but the Jets are stupid enough to take him?

Because pretty much everyone thinks he isnt the 1st best or 2nd best QB and the Jets are picking 3rd?

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why the **** wouldn't he be available?  

So Goff needed protection and to be comfortable in the pocket, but Mayfield won't?

I find it interesting that Mayfield needed a test without "socioeconomic and cultural biases" to score better than Allen.  I guess that those California cantaloupe farmer have all the socioeconomic advantages.  Then again, maybe Allen is the guy that scored higher.  Or maybe it was Hackenberg.

The article said that Baker scored the highest of this QB class. The player who scored higher than Baker was either a QB from a different class or a non-QB.

But we don't know how close players like Rosen, Allen, and Darnold were to Baker. Just another data point for teams to use in their evaluation.

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

I'm at a point now that I'll be crushed if he gets taken before us. I'm on board with Mayfield, I said before Baker did an accuracy test at the NFL network studios in Culver City CA. They set up 5 nets with 1' X 1' logos of the teams he might go to. He just strolled out in jeans & a Tshirt, spun his arm around a little to warmup & proceeded to throw perfect darts right through the center of these logos, tearing a few of them in half. Scientific? Of course not, but god damn, it was an incredible display of accuracy with confidence. It was f*cking impressive. I think Mayfield is a taller, stronger, better built, more accurate QB with a stronger arm than Doug Flutie, who would probably been a star in this new NFL.

Id bet that every one of the QBs can do this.  QBs practice throwing though targets like this all the time.  

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Id bet that every one of the QBs can do this.  QBs practice throwing though targets like this all the time.  

I guess you haven't seen Allen's senior bowl throw where he threw it over the net while standing just 10 or so yards away.

Just now, GreenFish said:

I guess you haven't seen Allen's senior bowl throw where he threw it over the net while standing just 10 or yards away.

I have.  One throw.  One.  Thats what youre hanging on?  I've seen plenty of QBs who you wouldn't think of being accurate do the drill.  Its an old drill.  Sorry

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I have.  One throw.  One.  Thats what youre hanging on?  I've seen plenty of QBs who you wouldn't think of being accurate do the drill.  Its an old drill.  Sorry

What about all the throws he missed in actual games? 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Should have put the j down while you were taking the test for one thing.

Just now, dbatesman said:

What about all the throws he missed in actual games? 

That would be a different conversation.

Throwing the ball a short distance, into a net, no lines, no rush, no defenders, no waiting on a WR, no leading a WR isnt the same as throwing actual passes.  

35 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because pretty much everyone thinks he isnt the 1st best or 2nd best QB and the Jets are picking 3rd?

So it's out of the realm of possibility that some team trades up with the Giants and takes Mayfield? Or the Browns take him at 1? You can't say for sure the guy will be there at 3. Oh and just because some think Mayfield isn't the top rated QB doesn't mean that some team doesn't have him rated high or at the top of their board. It's impossible to predict what any team will do on draft day.

So it's out of the realm of possibility that some team trades up with the Giants and takes Mayfield? Or the Browns take him at 1? You can't say for sure the guy will be there at 3. Oh and just because some think Mayfield isn't the top rated QB doesn't mean that some team doesn't have him rated high or at the top of their board. It's impossible to predict what any team will do on draft day.

True, some team can do something dumb and pick Mayfield over Darnold.  Or Rosen & Allen.  Especially to trade up to two to get him.  You better be 100% sure that's the way the Jets are going.  

4 hours ago, JiF said:

It's hard for me to imagine Bake Mayfield as some prestigious intellect.

Did he even graduate? 

Mayfield has eidetic memory (photographic memory). It's not necessarily intellect as it is the ability to process and relate information.

It's been talked about, most recently in the SI article, that because of that, Mayfield can process information quicker on the field and make quicker decisions.  Allen, on the flipside, has a difficult time processing information, which is a red flag.

I'd take Rosen over Mayfield if I had the choice, but his ability to quickly process information is his best attribute as a prospect and gives hope to his success in the NFL.

Lastly, the AIQ is not a per se intelligence test.  It relates to sports only and the ability to process information on the field/court.  That is why Mayfield excelled at it.

Man, with all of you wishing and praying for Mayfield fall to us, This place is going to go crazy if he doesn’t get picked.We mustn’t care just who gets picked we should only care that he’s able to read a defence of throw accurate passes ...I don’t care for his name is Baker Mayfield or little red riding hood.God, just grant us a franchise quarterback already!

4 hours ago, JiF said:

It's hard for me to imagine Bake Mayfield as some prestigious intellect.

Did he even graduate? 

Being a learned intellectual and being smart are not the same thing, lots of overlap for sure but I've hired and worked with a gaggle of highly educated people who couldn't problem solve 

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

True, some team can do something dumb and pick Mayfield over Darnold.  Or Rosen & Allen.  Especially to trade up to two to get him.  You better be 100% sure that's the way the Jets are going.  

So you think Darnold Allen and Rosen are all better than Mayfield. Personally Darnold would be the only one I would take over Mayfield. Here's the thing. Neither you nor I are making a pick in this year's draft. So no matter how stupid you think it may to draft Mayfield over your preferred QB'S your opinion and mine means squat.

So you think Darnold Allen and Rosen are all better than Mayfield. Personally Darnold would be the only one I would take over Mayfield. Here's the thing. Neither you nor I are making a pick in this year's draft. So no matter how stupid you think it may to draft Mayfield over your preferred QB'S your opinion and mine means squat.

I agree.  I just think it's crazy to pick Mayfield over Darnold or Rosen.   Allen is on them, was just thinking if Darnold and Rosen were taken and they took Mayfield over them.  I think most feel that after Darnold and Rosen there's a drop off, why I would go with either.  But yes, makes no difference what I think, it's their choice and I get nothing from being righ, lol

11 hours ago, SMC said:

Allen, on the flipside, has a difficult time processing information, which is a red flag.

Not an Allen fan but hadnt seen that noted before. Whats the basis? Do we know how he tested or are you basing on game film?

17 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

One throw, but that is what he is known for if you watch his college tape.  And I'm not talking the highlights, because they are impressive --the whole games.  He misses too many easy passes, overall.

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I agree.  I just think it's crazy to pick Mayfield over Darnold or Rosen.   Allen is on them, was just thinking if Darnold and Rosen were taken and they took Mayfield over them.  I think most feel that after Darnold and Rosen there's a drop off, why I would go with either.  But yes, makes no difference what I think, it's their choice and I get nothing from being righ, lol

LOL. Still a pompous blowhard I see. Perhaps a dose of humility would help but I seriously doubt it.

35 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. Still a pompous blowhard I see. Perhaps a dose of humility would help but I seriously doubt it.

A pompous blowhard because I think Darnold and Rosen are ahead of Mayfield?  Like pretty much anyone with a set of eyes?  I need humility because I believe this?  You sound like the pompous a$$hole here.  At best.  Nice way to talk sports, either people agree with you or you call them a pompous blowhard. It's tough when you're this clueless. GFY

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

A pompous blowhard because I think Darnold and Rosen are ahead of Mayfield?  Like pretty much anyone with a set of eyes?  I need humility because I believe this?  You sound like the pompous a$$hole here.  At best.  Nice way to talk sports, either people agree with you or you call them a pompous blowhard. It's tough when you're this clueless. GFY

I put him/her on ignore months ago you should do the same it definitely improves the quality of life around here. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

LOL. No you're a pompous blowhard because you believe you're always right. As you have stated time and time again. I have no problem with someone disagreeing with me but to think one is always right is borderline delusional:

image.png

14 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. No you're a pompous blowhard because you believe you're always right. As you have stated time and time again. I have no problem with someone disagreeing with me but to think one is always right is borderline delusional:

Yeah, go back, get your head out of your ass and show where I said I'm right or better yet, where you imagined that I believe Im the only one right here.  Wittle baby doesnt like that I would take Darnold or Rosen over your mancrush?  How can that be?  Sorry, you sound like a baby.  The stupid meme proves it, put your big boy panties on and grow the F up.  Or better yet, put me on ignore, why read my blowhard comments

Archived