Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

20 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

@Jetster I don't know anything about Beaufort, but the area I'm in probably has more transplanted "yankees" then locals. Southerners drive completely different then we do. Wait until you have to deal with the suicide lane (trust me, you'll learn what it is real quickly) and the fact that they use the left lane only when they're not sure which side of the street the building they're looking for is on. For them its only used to drive slowly to be prepared to make a left turn when lost

You can always tell the ones from "down here", they do EVERYTHING slower then we do. LOL. Its annoying at first, but then you realize we're the ones always in a hurry to go no where.

Wish you many happy and healthy years down here. I'll know its you when I see the other guy wearing Jets gear on a Sunday, LOL.

@MichaelScott I was born in Brooklyn, but I grew up and lived all my life on Long Island. I moved here 8 years ago. Still go back up to the Island for a month (around Easter time) and from before Thanksgiving until after New Years to spend the Holidays with my family.

I don't know how old you are, or what type of work you do, so its hard to advise you except to say this isn't an area with a lot of industry or  high paying career opportunities, at least that's how it seems to me. Most "transplants" who move down are retirement age, looking to live more comfortably on their pensions.

Conway is more commercialized, but the 510 corridor is the only heavily congested traffic area I know of down here. I'd look to avoid it if you're buying real estate. I'd recommend anywhere off 17 from the Calabash/Little River area down to Pawleys Island.  I'm actually considering a move to Pawleys, it reminds me of the East End of Long Island.

Thanks 14! I'm in my early 30's. I was born on Long Island and have lived here all my life. I'm done with school for awhile and I'm pretty established in my career but I'm at that phase of my life where I just dont think I want to put down more permanent roots on LI. Or at least roots I'm stuck with for the next 30+ years. We don't have kids yet and like more and more of the people I went grew up with, we are leaning towards relocating before we have kids versus after we retire. I've already done a good amount of research as far as relocating my career goes. I'm a Psychologist and there are definitely job opportunities in my specific field in that general area. I was surprised to find out that the drop in pay wasnt nearly as significant as what I thought. What I'm looking at saving in housing and cost of living is significantly more than what I would lose in annual salary. 

How are you liking it since you moved? Would you suggest me looking into N Myrtle? Any other residential areas in that general vicinity?

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Plenty wrong with that. It's' the color of toys for 5 year olds. Or like that  stupid seahawks alternate  a few years ago. It's  the color of 80s Dolphin shorts at Wham concerts. It's not a manly uniform color lol

• Thumb Down 3

Plenty wrong with that. It's' the color of toys for 5 year olds. Or like that  stupid seahawks alternate  a few years ago. It's  the color of 80s Dolphin shorts at Wham concerts. It's not a manly uniform color lol

It’s. Famous Seinfeld quote. “Not that there is anything wrong with that”. Based off your “gay”reference.

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

It’s. Famous Seinfeld quote. “Not that there is anything wrong with that”. Based off your “gay”reference.

I'm  pretty sure that quote was famous long before the whiny Jew came up with it ( thats called sarcasm , I happen to be decedent of Ashkenazi Jews.. I also  whine alot and have a fantastic sense of humor. 

• Thumb Down 9

1 hour ago, Hackenberg said:

Just curious, what makes the Oregon green gay?

• Upvote 1

Thursday can’t get here soon enough. It’s going to be hard to believe this from just a random description with no pics, but I’m beyond excited to see what it is. 

While Les I would love to see them now, I can also appreciate the feeling of waiting for Christmas morning to see the gift. Just hoping it’s not the equivalent of socks!

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So you have no confidence in the uniforms looking good, from earlier posts.  Expecting the worst.

And now the unveil of the uniforms also makes you shudder?  Its going to be embarrassing and ridiculous?  

You kind of have to try to be this negative, LOL comeon man

If you keep your expectations low, you can't be disappointed!

• Haha 1

I'm  pretty sure that quote was famous long before the whiny Jew came up with it ( thats called sarcasm , I happen to be decedent of Ashkenazi Jews.. I also  whine alot and have a fantastic sense of humor. 

Give us one example of when it was used prior to Jerry 

4 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

I don't know.  Your reference to being a descendant of Ashkenazi Jews, following a somewhat anti-Semitic comment about the " whiny Jew", kind of reminds me of the guy who says " I have lots of black friends", before saying something racist.  It just doesn't ring true. Jews don't talk like that.  You could have just called him a schmuck. That would have been preferable.  As for your argument about the question on the origin of the phrase "not that there's anything wrong with that"  you happen to have a point.  See below.  @batman10023

Seinfeld may well have popularised it, but it was around well before that. Earliest example at Google Books is from a comedy from 1924, but it really seems to have taken off in the 1960s. This is from "Sex and the Office", by Helen Gurley Brown, from 1964 - "He helped out in the rose garden at home — not that there's anything wrong with that", and this is from 1967 - "... question of tolerance, disgust, hate, nor anything else, but lechery (not that there's anything wrong with that). " ("Anything goes", by Bine Strange Petersen, 1967)

17 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

Saw this post on Reddit. Obviously could be completely BS so take with a huge grain of salt but what I find interesting is the color names. Totally something that I could see Nike and the Jets promoting.

Finally saw them today. They are... interesting. Way, way more futuristic than I thought they’d go. I don’t normally like black uniforms but yours are ******* sweet and something I never knew I wanted in the NFL.

(When asked about logo) It’s a bold “NY”. The whole set is way more representative of New York City than it is the Jets branding, and I actually really like that. The black set is even a love letter to the “City that never sleeps”. The new colors are “Big Apple Green”, “Jet Black”, and “LimeLight”. It’s definitely different, it’s striking, it’s not like anything in the NFL, and to me looks like a team tired of playing second fiddle ready to, well, embrace the limelight.

The numbers are probably my favorite part. Absolutely massive.

To be honest this means Absolutely ZERO to me...

It's a Bold "NY"... what does that even mean???... that would Really be sad if they only put a "NY" on the helmet by itself like the giants.

"a love letter"... what kind of lame description is that???

numbers are Absolutely Massive... Really??? I don't see how "that" can look any good.

I just hope that whatever they release on Thursday actually looks GREAT... but I can't tell anything just going by the above statement.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, jetsons said:

To be honest this means Absolutely ZERO to me...

It's a Bold "NY"... what does that even mean???... that would Really be sad if they only put a "NY" on the helmet by itself like the giants.

"a love letter"... what kind of lame description is that???

numbers are Absolutely Massive... Really??? I don't see how "that" can look any good.

I just hope that whatever they release on Thursday actually looks GREAT... but I can't tell anything just going by the above statement.

I don't get why someone goes on Reddit to post how he knows something, then answers questions with 'I'd rather not say...' . Honestly, give us back that oxygen.

Anyway, he should be pretty easy to debunk on the day if "Big Apple Green”, “Jet Black”, and “LimeLight” names aren't anywhere to be seen.

Gronk just retired, he's bored and probably posted it in Reddit for s**ts and giggles.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I don't know.  Your reference to being a descendant of Ashkenazi Jews, following a somewhat anti-Semitic comment about the " whiny Jew", kind of reminds me of the guy who says " I have lots of black friends", before saying something racist.  It just doesn't ring true. You could have just called him a schmuck. That would have been preferable. 

basically all you are doing is repeating what tv told you to think. you are trained to be triggered by simple pointless words.

Absolutely nothing I said was anti Semitic. Its called sarcasm. Its called joking. Saying I am related to Jews isnt remotely the same as saying I have black friends.,. and yet they are the same because there's nothing wrong with either phrase in context.

please learn the difference between actual hatred and kidding around. Like the Jewish faith, I dont believe in any spiritual Jesus either.

you think theres only 2 sides to a viewpoint? Theres many and nothing is sacred. Its all open for humor and criticism.

giphy.gif

of course, for all I know, you could be trolling me lol. so what ever.

tenor.gif?itemid=5923623

• Thumb Down 3

basically all you are doing is repeating what tv told you to think. you are trained to be triggered by simple pointless words.

Absolutely nothing I said was anti Semitic. Its called sarcasm. Its called joking. Saying I am related to Jews isnt remotely the same as saying I have black friends.,. and yet they are the same because there's nothing wrong with either phrase in context.

please learn the difference between actual hatred and kidding around. Like the Jewish faith, I dont believe in any spiritual Jesus either.

you think theres only 2 sides to a viewpoint? Theres many and nothing is sacred. Its all open for humor and criticism.

giphy.gif

of course, for all I know, you could be trolling me lol. so what ever.

tenor.gif?itemid=5923623

So you think that sarcasm and irreverence makes you clever and interesting?  Newsflash...  It doesn't.  It only makes you predictable, droll and stupid.  If you enjoy being a "curiosity", have at it.  People recognize  insecurity and insignificance when they see it.  Kidding is funny.  You are not.

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

So you think that sarcasm and irreverence makes you clever and interesting?  Newsflash...  It doesn't.  It only makes you predictable, droll and stupid.  If you enjoy being a "curiosity", have at it.  People recognize  insecurity and insignificance when they see it.  Kidding is funny.  You are not.

another victim of pc culture. Trained to hate actual freedom of thought and mind.

lol i'm not the insecure one. I'm not the one afraid to speak words. Saying things you cant grasp, makes me insecure?

being able to speak my mind, makes me insecure? explaining exactly what I said and why, makes me insecure? being able to laugh at harmless words, makes me insecure? youve been trained by the system to hear a word and cry. Pavlov would be proud.

Critical thought and common sense is being beaten to death by pc culture.

• Thumb Down 2