Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

A long time is my guess E-bay and many other places to buy them. Google is your friend. 

My guess is you're wrong here.  Offered for sale is one thing and it's completely different from its on its way.  

Unless you'd actually buy a used jersey.  

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

That isn’t bragging. It is stating an opinion. I believe that season ticket holders should be given perks such as first dibs on newly designed items, especially if any are in limited supply such as a third-alternate jersey, Salute To Service onfield hoodie, coaches cap, etc.

Has nothing to do with money; has to do with the team showing respect to its best fans.

SAR I

if they cared more about you than others why won't you be joining us at the launch 4/4?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

The whole NYC vibe with skyscrapers, Big Apple Green, Limelight Green, etc sounds exactly like what the Johnsons would sign off on. The poster who wrote that also mentioned how it was a representation of a team no longer looking to play 2nd fiddle. I expect what this poster wrote to be accurate, including the NY on the helmets.

Yankees, Mets, Giants, Knicks, Jets all have some variation of “NY” in one of their logos or  on their hats, helmets, uniforms. This whole re brand is part of the Jets looking to overtake the Giants as the football team of New York. The “bold NY” is another example of this. They want to make their NY the one that pops out in the public’s minds.

Our current logo has NY but its covered by JETS. This will be NY without any cover. The uniforms will show the NYC angle and the press release is going to push this mentality as the Jets being New York’s team. 

Now only if we can win some Lombardi’s...to go along with this new brand.

Completely agree on all counts. I know it's another anonymous person on Reddit but what he has said and the way he says it lends me to believe that he might actually have some access to unreleased material and information. Unlike our "insiders"

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SteveP40 said:

I won a ticket to the Event on Thursday this morning through the Jets Rewards program. Only 25 Jets Rewards Winners will be there along with the media. The rep who called was very secretive with any of the details and just recommended that I wear green or black. No merchandise will be available for purchase and goodie bags will be handed out during exit from the event. 

Congrats! Please post some pics of the event if you can 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

No, not money. 

Effort. 

Going to a 1:00 game means you leave the house at 10:00 and get home at 5:30, it's practically a whole workday away from the family.  Often it's a hardship for the wife, she has to drive to soccer or hockey practice, you miss a lot of events with the kids and miss that first dance recital or shutout, you get home and barely have time to unwind before it's time to go to bed and get ready for the Monday commute.  Repeat 7-10 times a season.  Repeat 10-30 years. 

SAR I

You’re kidding???  You leave your house at 10:00am and get home at 5:30????  

Wimp.

My guys are there at midnight on Friday night, to wait in line till 6:00am on Saturday when the gates open, to set up in VIP parking. I drive 70 miles, 2 hour drive - if lucky, to get there at 9:00am with a car load of food and equipment.  I’m lucky if I get home at 10:00pm after a 1:00pm game.  More often than not, “PAC-12 After Dark” applies, games start at 5:00pm.  Plan for breakfast, lunch and dinner while watching games on the east coast in the morning, with three big screens. Once in the game, we stand the entire game and do all the chants with the student section.

That doesn’t mean I’m a better fan than my fellow Trojans on message boards, and live and die for USC and the football program.  Why is it any different here?  It’s not.

My mama always told me only vulgar people talk about how much money (possessions) they have, or complain about what they don’t have.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

My question is, would you make the same exact effort and sacrifice for a $20 seat where you can't see a thing?

No, but if I made that choice and didn't come to games I wouldn't be complaining about those that do.

The Couches are fine by me so long as they a) don't criticize the effort of those Jets fans who attend and b) don't criticize season ticket holders who sell a game or two because of work/family conflicts.  If the stadium is too quiet or too enemy-laden for their liking, get off the couch and spend the $20 and it changes everything.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

if they cared more about you than others why won't you be joining us at the launch 4/4?

Because there are fans even more diehard than I am and they have my respect.  But I've seen them.  I wouldn't want to be like them.  More like groupies.  Either 75 years old and alone or 30 years old and alone.  The only way to accumulate the amount of Rewards Points needed to win the auction on the uniform reveal event is not only the basics like attending all the games and getting in the gate before noon, but attending every practice, typing in codes after every SNY and ESPN mention, no way I could keep up with them.  Nor would I want to.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Another day and another couple of rounds of "look at me" everyone. "I'm hijacking this thread and making it all about me and my make believe fantasy life". Hahahahaha

Or it's another round of "let's bait SAR" as if a) he doesn't know he's being baited and b) isn't bored enough waiting for the uni reveal that playing along isn't his best option.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Because there are fans even more diehard than I am and they have my respect.  But I've seen them.  I wouldn't want to be like them.  More like groupies.  Either 75 years old and alone or 30 years old and alone.  The only way to accumulate the amount of Rewards Points needed to win the auction on the uniform reveal event is not only the basics like attending all the games and getting in the gate before noon, but attending every practice, typing in codes after every SNY and ESPN mention, no way I could keep up with them.  Nor would I want to.

SAR I

Quite frankly, excuse me,  you make a lot of assinine assumptions.  You wouldn't like to be like me and either I'm 70 and alone or 30 and alone?  LOL.  

All I know is using your twisted whats my worth bar I'm probably 3-4 times the fan you are.  The drop in the bucket you've spent on games doesn't make you anything better than anyone else who goes to the stadium.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Or it's another round of "let's bait SAR" as if a) he doesn't know he's being baited and b) isn't bored enough waiting for the uni reveal that playing along isn't his best option.

SAR I

Yeah, baited.  By trying to convince people that you're more important than they are because of things that offer no importance. 

over and over again.  When no one with a brain believes anything you're saying? 

6 hours ago, J_Smith said:

So far I’ve learned the history of anti Semitic terms, great places to live in South Carolina, other poster’s wealth, how to write a haiku, how many syllables in “our”, and a little bit about what the new uniforms look like

140 pages and about 6 months(or is it 20 years?)summed up in less than a paragraph. Outstanding effort Sir

22 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

another victim of pc culture. Trained to hate actual freedom of thought and mind.

lol i'm not the insecure one. I'm not the one afraid to speak words. Saying things you cant grasp, makes me insecure?

being able to speak my mind, makes me insecure? explaining exactly what I said and why, makes me insecure? being able to laugh at harmless words, makes me insecure? youve been trained by the system to hear a word and cry. Pavlov would be proud.

Critical thought and common sense is being beaten to death by pc culture.

Let me clarify something for you.  I am 59 years old, and being "politically correct" is the 2nd most detestable thing to me.  The first is idiots like you.  Your  "ability to speak words" on an internet  Sports site, does nothing to demonstrate your confidence or viability.  Based on your sophomoric comments and memes, It is evidence to the contrary. 

Your retreat into "conspiracy theories" about the system, freedom of thought, and "PC culture" is further evidence of a warped sense of reality and normal cognitive thought process.  I look forward to your "manifesto".  As for your "critical thought", and common sense, I have seen no evidence of either being demonstrated in  any of your posts.

I will give you credit for one thing.  To have a negative response standing, after nearly 250 posts,  shows perseverance, and to my knowledge is unique on this forum.  Congratulations,  you've  accomplished quite a following with your "humor" and critical thought.

When you are the only one laughing at something, maybe it's time for a little self reflection.  If not, you have the freedom to keep making a fool out of yourself.  Enjoy.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

My guess is you're wrong here.  Offered for sale is one thing and it's completely different from its on its way.  

Unless you'd actually buy a used jersey.  

E-bay sells brand new jerseys so does many other on-line sites. 

No one mentioned a thrift store. 

The absolute irony in someone saying people don’t deserve the time of day because they don’t do enough, or attend enough, or spend enough.

Only to then admit they “wouldn’t want to be anything like” people who do more, attend more, or perhaps spend more than that person. 

That is proper narcissism. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Gio was just hammering Boomer for information about the uniforms again.  Apparently Boomer signed an NDA and he "hopes" that they will have new Jets Jerseys to wear Friday Morning.  Gio threw out the whole black and statement green but Boom said he knows NOTHING.  

Is this true? Man I wonder if alot of people in the industry are talking about the uniforms, I mean there is a few jets fans out there. Maybe one of them will keak

19 minutes ago, British Jet said:

The absolute irony in someone saying people don’t deserve the time of day because they don’t do enough, or attend enough, or spend enough.

Only to then admit they “wouldn’t want to be anything like” people who do more, attend more, or perhaps spend more than that person. 

That is proper narcissism. 

No.  Just going to all the preseason and regular season games is hardcore enough, even I can't get to them all.  One practice, that's something I try to do as well. 

But going to every game and every practice and every scrimmage and every team event.....that goes from hardcore fan to weirdo obsessed jock sniffer and that's twilight zone material.  To get the 45,000+ points needed to bid on the uniform reveal event one has to be a psycho.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

E-bay sells brand new jerseys so does many other on-line sites. 

No one mentioned a thrift store. 

Yes they do.  Today.  Selling out old stock.  Got it.

Think about it.   You make cheap knock of uniforms.  You make them in advance to keep stocked and to be able to fill orders.  You think that theyre going to make jerseys that like it or not pretty much no one will want, they'll all want the new uniforms.  

Hate to break it to anyone who thinks they're still going to make the old uniforms

On 3/31/2019 at 10:34 AM, IndianaJet said:

So reading through this post....it made me think of something we saw earlier in this thread.

Read the descriptions of the colors I highlighted above, as well as the emphasis this guy says the uniforms have of a connection to the "city" and then look at these:

crew.png

Big Apple Green - Deep shade of green....but richer than Kelly Green 

Limelight - Bright neon green with an almost yellow tinge

And the references to the city and numbers so big they're supposed to make you think of buildings...what's in the background of those shirts -  Buildings

This guy may have actually seen the unis....or...he may have seen this picture and is just making it all up based upon these crop tops.

The Reddit poster said: 

Those helmets are something you need to see, not have described to you. I don’t want to give you an impression that could sway how you feel about them before you see them."

Everything he described he could have got from the pics above and of course without a helmet to see he went with that absurd response when asked.