Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I like the Jags uniforms, to me their clean and pretty simple.  I keep  hearing how terrible they are and I'm not sure why?  As simple as they are without any crazy colors etc.  I'd be thrilled with those unis

jagsunis.jpg?w=432&h=284

1st, 2nd and 4th look good; 3rd and 5th look God-awful IMHO.

31 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I like the Jags uniforms, to me their clean and pretty simple.  I keep  hearing how terrible they are and I'm not sure why?  As simple as they are without any crazy colors etc.  I'd be thrilled with those unis

jagsunis.jpg?w=432&h=284

People are afraid of color. Especially bright colors. 

I like all those except last one. The contrast doesn’t work but overall it’s a clean look. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

People are afraid of color. Especially bright colors. 

I like all those except last one. The contrast doesn’t work but overall it’s a clean look. 

Thats all I was saying, the uniforms styling is fine.  Yeah the all blue/teal kind of color isnt for me but its the Jags primary color and obviously they werent changing that.  Just like I'm pretty sure we'll continue to be green.  May be a different shade but still green.  If someone hates green they probably never liked our uniforms and they'll probably continue to hate our uniforms

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats all I was saying, the uniforms styling is fine.  Yeah the all blue/teal kind of color isnt for me but its the Jags primary color and obviously they werent changing that.  Just like I'm pretty sure we'll continue to be green.  May be a different shade but still green.  If someone hates green they probably never liked our uniforms and they'll probably continue to hate our uniforms

Green has to be our primary color or they are going to have to change ganggreennation.com to like ganggraynation.com......Im sure they thought of this before they decide on the uniforms...?.  At any rate, im surprised no leaks as I said before...  Im excited to see them so I guess I will just have to get tanked every day for this 3 day weekend I have so I dont look at this thread a million times before then.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Agree those are better but problem is their main color.  Thats not a design issue, theyre all of the same design

yeah but the all blue?  it's like how I hate our all green.  but when the Jags first came out, I think they had the blue jerseys with white pants.  that looks fine.  but THAT blue with black or all blue is just bad!

42 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

yeah but the all blue?  it's like how I hate our all green.  but when the Jags first came out, I think they had the blue jerseys with white pants.  that looks fine.  but THAT blue with black or all blue is just bad!

Again, I don't like that look.  But that's not the design, that's the color.  The design of the uniform, stripes etc is fine to me

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Again, I don't like that look.  But that's not the design, that's the color.  The design of the uniform, stripes etc is fine to me

Gotcha, but what I am saying is that the Jaguars never did that before.  now if our new uniforms are kelly green helmet with kelly green jersey and kelly green pants, I will not be happy!!  design, color, whatever you want to call it, I don't think it will look good.  that's why I hate the color rush games.  was so happy last year when we wore our all whites (with white face mask!) for the Lions game.  THAT looked nice IMO.

I am a lifelong diehard NY Jets fan I bleed GREEN I don't care what color they decide to change our uniforms to.
Green will always be the color I identify the NY Jets with until the day I die. 

Like pulling up to a Hess station in the 70’s to get that Christmas truck with the working lights.
Greeeeeeen!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

I'm moving to SC & they only have 1 license plate so I'm waiting for the reveal to sport the newly designed Jets plate for the front of my car. 

I don't care what color it it, I'm a Jet fan through & through. Still prefer Green, it's what I grew up with but is it really THAT CRUCIAL?

When the Pats redesigned from Pat Patriot to the flying Elvis, my brother in law swore he'd never wear Pats gear again, HE HATED IT! 6 Super Bowls later you can't drive anywhere in New England without seeing that damn logo EVERYWHERE, from decals to license plates, to license plate frames, to hats, shirts, sweatshirts, you name it, you see the ugly flying Elvis.

If the Jets & Sam Darnold start winning, you'll see Jets gear all over the trip state area, and young football fans will get sucked in like moth to flame to a guy like Sam Darnold. Bring these new Unis on and let's start winning in them! Last years Unis will be tomorrows throw backs again, just like they were in the 80s.

• Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

OK serious question...is there going to be like a streaming event to see them revealed live?

They are making a very big deal about it.  It will stream live on FB, Twitter, YouTube etc.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-new-uniforms-will-take-flight-april-4th

Fans will be able to watch the unveiling event live on nyjets.com, the Official Jets App presented by M&T Bank, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.

I haven't seen a time announced yet, I would expect that info to come out early next week.

I also thought I read somewhere that they have a host, some pseudo celebrity/comedian

7 hours ago, Jetster said:

I'm moving to SC & they only have 1 license plate so I'm waiting for the reveal to sport the newly designed Jets plate for the front of my car. 

I don't care what color it it, I'm a Jet fan through & through. Still prefer Green, it's what I grew up with but is it really THAT CRUCIAL?

When the Pats redesigned from Pat Patriot to the flying Elvis, my brother in law swore he'd never wear Pats gear again, HE HATED IT! 6 Super Bowls later you can't drive anywhere in New England without seeing that damn logo EVERYWHERE, from decals to license plates, to license plate frames, to hats, shirts, sweatshirts, you name it, you see the ugly flying Elvis.

If the Jets & Sam Darnold start winning, you'll see Jets gear all over the trip state area, and young football fans will get sucked in like moth to flame to a guy like Sam Darnold. Bring these new Unis on and let's start winning in them! Last years Unis will be tomorrows throw backs again, just like they were in the 80s.

Not only one plate, but no car inspection. Which is not the best thing in my opinion. LOL BTW if you're thinking of buying a new car, wait until after your move. SC has no state sales tax due on purchase.

I'm in N. Myrtle Beach. What area are you moving to?

32 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Not only one plate, but no car inspection. Which is not the best thing in my opinion. LOL BTW if you're thinking of buying a new car, wait until after your move. SC has no state sales tax due on purchase.

7 hours ago, Jetster said:

Jetster, what area, if you dont mind me asking? I've been playing around with the idea of moving to SC for a couple years and recently kicked it into gear and started exploring the job and real estate market. 

14, what's N Myrtle beach like? I first started thinking about moving a few years ago when I went on vacation in Myrtle and loved it. I've been applying for jobs primarily in Horry County. I liked the residential areas just outside of Myrtle beach, so most of the real estate I've looked at has been in Conway. 

Are you a NY/NJ transplant? You can respond in a DM if it's easier. I'd love to get some insight from someone that lives in the area I'm looking at. Thanks! 

40 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Beaufort, built a house there almost 2 years ago. I can't believe I don't have to get my cars inspected? That's a bit crazy! One time driving back north in a downpour I saw 3 cars hydroplane off 95 going too fast. People are idiots, driving on baloney skins going 85 in pouring rain. 

Another thing I noticed in SC is something my wife & I call the SCT. That's short for South Carolina Turn. They literally come to almost a full stop on the damn road...then turn. Drives me crazy!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Jetster, what area, if you dont mind me asking? I've been playing around with the idea of moving to SC for a couple years and recently kicked it into gear and started exploring the job and real estate market. 

14, what's N Myrtle beach like? I first started thinking about moving a few years ago when I went on vacation in Myrtle and loved it. I've been applying for jobs primarily in Horry County. I liked the residential areas just outside of Myrtle beach, so most of the real estate I've looked at has been in Conway. 

Are you a NY/NJ transplant? You can respond in a DM if it's easier. I'd love to get some insight from someone that lives in the area I'm looking at. Thanks! 

I'm in the Beaufort area about 6 miles from downtown. Love the area. I'm originally from Riverhead LI, moved to Mass in 85, NH in 98. Tired of the cold weather & grey skies. Have a lot of friends looking in Bluffton, Hilton Head ect. I love it down there. Leaving Sunday to head down for good. Might have to sign up for direct TV to watch Sam & the Jets start kicking some azz & taking names in the AFC east. 

• Sympathy 2

@Jetster I don't know anything about Beaufort, but the area I'm in probably has more transplanted "yankees" then locals. Southerners drive completely different then we do. Wait until you have to deal with the suicide lane (trust me, you'll learn what it is real quickly) and the fact that they use the left lane only when they're not sure which side of the street the building they're looking for is on. For them its only used to drive slowly to be prepared to make a left turn when lost

You can always tell the ones from "down here", they do EVERYTHING slower then we do. LOL. Its annoying at first, but then you realize we're the ones always in a hurry to go no where.

Wish you many happy and healthy years down here. I'll know its you when I see the other guy wearing Jets gear on a Sunday, LOL.

2 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

@MichaelScott I was born in Brooklyn, but I grew up and lived all my life on Long Island. I moved here 8 years ago. Still go back up to the Island for a month (around Easter time) and from before Thanksgiving until after New Years to spend the Holidays with my family.

I don't know how old you are, or what type of work you do, so its hard to advise you except to say this isn't an area with a lot of industry or  high paying career opportunities, at least that's how it seems to me. Most "transplants" who move down are retirement age, looking to live more comfortably on their pensions.

Conway is more commercialized, but the 510 corridor is the only heavily congested traffic area I know of down here. I'd look to avoid it if you're buying real estate. I'd recommend anywhere off 17 from the Calabash/Little River area down to Pawleys Island.  I'm actually considering a move to Pawleys, it reminds me of the East End of Long Island.

13 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

jagsunis.jpg?w=432&h=284

Only thing I didn't like about these is I felt the numbers could use an outline around them. Black unis would look sick with a gold trim around the numbers.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

@Jetster I don't know anything about Beaufort, but the area I'm in probably has more transplanted "yankees" then locals. Southerners drive completely different then we do. Wait until you have to deal with the suicide lane (trust me, you'll learn what it is real quickly) and the fact that they use the left lane only when they're not sure which side of the street the building they're looking for is on. For them its only used to drive slowly to be prepared to make a left turn when lost

You can always tell the ones from "down here", they do EVERYTHING slower then we do. LOL. Its annoying at first, but then you realize we're the ones always in a hurry to go no where.

Wish you many happy and healthy years down here. I'll know its you when I see the other guy wearing Jets gear on a Sunday, LOL.

@MichaelScott I was born in Brooklyn, but I grew up and lived all my life on Long Island. I moved here 8 years ago. Still go back up to the Island for a month (around Easter time) and from before Thanksgiving until after New Years to spend the Holidays with my family.

I don't know how old you are, or what type of work you do, so its hard to advise you except to say this isn't an area with a lot of industry or  high paying career opportunities, at least that's how it seems to me. Most "transplants" who move down are retirement age, looking to live more comfortably on their pensions.

Conway is more commercialized, but the 510 corridor is the only heavily congested traffic area I know of down here. I'd look to avoid it if you're buying real estate. I'd recommend anywhere off 17 from the Calabash/Little River area down to Pawleys Island.  I'm actually considering a move to Pawleys, it reminds me of the East End of Long Island.

That's why I chose Beaufort, reminds me of Greenport LI with nicer weather. I still have family on the East End (Southold), I'm in sales, still working for few more years, can do it remotely, but I'll probably always work (part time). Business is getting tougher, the Internet is killing Sales jobs & I was unable to live in both NH & SC anymore. My plan was to move at 65 but as we all know some of our best laid plans fall through. It's a bit early, just turned 59 but you have to do what to have to do. The wife is taking it hard. She's lived in CT & now NH her entire life so full time down there away from her family in Mass will be an adjustment. But, I told her you can fly back to see your family. It's gonna be different, that's for sure.

8 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

reminds me of the Shea parking lot at the end of 1983 when folks were buying these things to smash in protest

Last season at good old Shea.  Remember that crazy season ender, Steelers if my mind is still working, people were destroying seats, etc

8 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

So you're saying that the new uniforms are so terrific that no one wants to break the news. 

Image result for nice gif

LOL, no I'm disputing the idea put out that the reason we havent had a leak is because the uniforms are so bad that the media doesnt have the heart to tell the fanbase.