Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

16 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Well if the Reddit guy is legit, it seems that out helmet is neither white nor green, Maybe some combo of all. I do not love what he describes hoping its fake

You have some imagination.  From what really wasn't said to what you assume you won't like about a uniform that hasn't been shown.  Don't be so negative, they don't have to suck  ? 

Loosen up, smile and get ready.  Why can't it be "bad assed"

In 1998 when we changed logos the Jets sent a letter to season ticket holders offering to let them buy these lightweight pullovers for $40.  I remember my father thought I was nuts for wanting one but he got one as well.  20 years later we still wear them.   

I wonder if they will offer something like this again.  

FFCB6E82-E0BD-47BD-B014-F3D697D2E82F.jpeg

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

In 1998 when we changed logos the Jets sent a letter to season ticket holders offering to let them buy these lightweight pullovers for $40.  I remember my father thought I was nuts for wanting one but he got one as well.  20 years later we still wear them.   

Nice jacket regardless of the color change and logo change many will still continue to wear the current logo. 

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

D2W2M9hW0AAxhRQ.jpg:large

I think this picture is the closest thing we've had to a leak, and it most closely resembles Christopher Johnson's "pretty bad ass" comments when asked his opinion of the Jets new uniforms. It looks as if the Steelers and Jets had a baby. 

?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

So reading through this post....it made me think of something we saw earlier in this thread.

Read the descriptions of the colors I highlighted above, as well as the emphasis this guy says the uniforms have of a connection to the "city" and then look at these:

crew.png

Big Apple Green - Deep shade of green....but richer than Kelly Green 

Limelight - Bright neon green with an almost yellow tinge

And the references to the city and numbers so big they're supposed to make you think of buildings...what's in the background of those shirts -  Buildings

This guy may have actually seen the unis....or...he may have seen this picture and is just making it all up based upon these crop tops.

I’ve been trying to put together this post for a few days now 

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

So reading through this post....it made me think of something we saw earlier in this thread.

Read the descriptions of the colors I highlighted above, as well as the emphasis this guy says the uniforms have of a connection to the "city" and then look at these:

crew.png

Big Apple Green - Deep shade of green....but richer than Kelly Green 

Limelight - Bright neon green with an almost yellow tinge

And the references to the city and numbers so big they're supposed to make you think of buildings...what's in the background of those shirts -  Buildings

This guy may have actually seen the unis....or...he may have seen this picture and is just making it all up based upon these crop tops.

I’ve been trying to put together this post for a few days now. I’m glad you did it but it works really well.

• Upvote 1

The whole NYC vibe with skyscrapers, Big Apple Green, Limelight Green, etc sounds exactly like what the Johnsons would sign off on. The poster who wrote that also mentioned how it was a representation of a team no longer looking to play 2nd fiddle. I expect what this poster wrote to be accurate, including the NY on the helmets.

Yankees, Mets, Giants, Knicks, Jets all have some variation of “NY” in one of their logos or  on their hats, helmets, uniforms. This whole re brand is part of the Jets looking to overtake the Giants as the football team of New York. The “bold NY” is another example of this. They want to make their NY the one that pops out in the public’s minds.

Our current logo has NY but its covered by JETS. This will be NY without any cover. The uniforms will show the NYC angle and the press release is going to push this mentality as the Jets being New York’s team. 

Now only if we can win some Lombardi’s...to go along with this new brand.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Hear hear. 

No doubt Season Ticket Holders deserve the right to get new Jets merchandise ahead of the riff and the raff. Let them have keychains, coffee mugs, and seat cushions; those of us who pay the bills should have first rights to jerseys and hats.

SAR I

• Haha 1

I won a ticket to the Event on Thursday this morning through the Jets Rewards program. Only 25 Jets Rewards Winners will be there along with the media. The rep who called was very secretive with any of the details and just recommended that I wear green or black. No merchandise will be available for purchase and goodie bags will be handed out during exit from the event. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, SteveP40 said:

I won a ticket to the Event on Thursday this morning through the Jets Rewards program. Only 25 Jets Rewards Winners will be there along with the media. The rep who called was very secretive with any of the details and just recommended that I wear green or black. No merchandise will be available for purchase and goodie bags will be handed out during exit from the event. 

That's very cool.

Do you mind sharing what time the event is?

2 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I hope someone slugs you in the jaw and you need dentures after.  

Lol For what? It's a correct/true cliche, stereotype said in humor/sarcastically. Nothing more ,nothing less. It harms no one. You are thinking with emotion  and not using logic about topics that simply don't  matter. The mistake being made, is  by you taking harmless things literally and personal. One more time..pay attention..here it comes..it's called "sarcasm". Does anyone possess even the most minor comprehensive skills? I even made fun of myself, saying im of Jewish heritage and I must be because  I whine alot and have a great sense of humor. And the fact is my name is directly  related to Ashkenazi Jew heritage. If I actually  hated that, why would I admit to it? I'm   rather proud of that..And I said, like the so called Jewish faith, I don't believe in a biblical Jesus. I agree with them. Why would I agree with something  I hate? 

Making a joke about Jewish stereo types  does not translate to literally hating jews.Some of you have lost your common sense.  

It's  a joke,  it's a joke, it's a joke...jeezus, it's just a joke lol

Pc culture, the death of critical  thought. The dumbing down of America is complete.

Youre like the people bugging Larry David in the Curb your Enthusiasm -thank you for your service, Episode. Lop

You're welcome.  Now, back to uniform talk. Happy Sunday! 

• Thumb Down 6

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

D2W2M9hW0AAxhRQ.jpg:large

I think this picture is the closest thing we've had to a leak, and it most closely resembles Christopher Johnson's "pretty bad ass" comments when asked his opinion of the Jets new uniforms. It looks as if the Steelers and Jets had a baby. 

I tend to agree with you, it appears to be close to the black Uni's the QBs wore in preseason. Idk about the logo but this feels close as well.

Screenshot_20190328-064939.png

Well, they say Kelly Green. Thsts good enough to know they won't be that bad...

Quote-From talking to a couple of people who have seen them, I can say this is a complete redesign, not a tweak. The colors are new. The logo is new. The design is new. The primary jersey is kelly green, with numbers that “kinda look like Oregon’s.” There’s also a primarily black alternate jersey. “They’re sick,” one person told me.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Hear hear. 

No doubt Season Ticket Holders deserve the right to get new Jets merchandise ahead of the riff and the raff. Let them have keychains, coffee mugs, and seat cushions; those of us who pay the bills should have first rights to jerseys and hats.

SAR I

They should put cages around the non licensed seat areas to seperate those verman from your majesty and the PSL holders.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Hear hear. 

SAR I

"I don't brag about money".

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2