Green/White Scrimmage Discussion ~~ Sar got banned thread

Patriot Killa

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I feel so attacked.

Naw, just joking....but I do remember thinking those people looked like fake beachgoers, they'd be laughed off the beach out here, except for the phony Hollywood types, but even celebrities go makeup and bling-less at the beach.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Naw, just joking....but I do remember thinking those people looked like fake beachgoers, they'd be laughed off the beach out here, except for the phony Hollywood types, but even celebrities go makeup and bling-less at the beach.

They are Guidos lol.

9 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

He broke off with his girlfriend right before the draft, he wanted no distractions from his NFL career.  That was told to us by someone very close to Sam.

he's not the hoe loving type.

Admirable, but hopefully he isn't intending on being single for this 15+ year career he is about to have ?

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

Pretty sure you can't. I don't even think it's an actual scrimmage game. It's just a normal practice with a few more team drills. 

spot on

via the athletic:

The Green and White event is a bit different under Bowles than ex-Jets coach Rex Ryan. It’s not a scrimmage, per se, but a normal practice with a few extra sets of team drills built in.

Rich Cimini  ESPN Staff Writer 

Five things I'll be watching at tonight's Jets intrasquad scrimmage (at Rutgers, 7:15): 1.) Sam Darnold. What, you expected me to say the kickers? Something tells me he won't be affected by the lights and the crowd, but his progress is the biggest story in camp. 2.) The rookies. DE Nathan Shepherd and TE Chris Herndon have a chance for big roles. The tight-end job is wide open. 3.) Chad Hansen and ArDarius Stewart. With Quincy Enunwa (thumb) out and Terrelle Pryor (ankle) likely limited, this is a good chance for the second-year receivers to make some noise. Quiet camps so far. 4.) The No. 3 RB spot. Anybody home? 5.) Outside linebackers. Jordan Jenkins and Josh Martin have been getting first-team reps. Now would be a good time for Lorenzo Mauldin to make his move.

12 minutes ago, ID. said:

How does/did he feel about the “Redskins”?

My Grandfather unfortuantely died when I was an infant.

However I don't believe based on my mother's approach, she would have said "it is not cool" but not made a big deal about it.  She would have said "it is sports".

Can't ask Mom cause she passed a while back due to lung cancer......

Lets Go Jets!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) 

54 minutes ago, ljr said:

Is that where all of the UCLA fans live?

Don’t be snarky....my nephew went there and he just scored one of the highest scores in the country on the MCAT, and like me, probably never guess we’re of Mexican descent.  Hard to ignore us when we make up almost half the population in California.

40 minutes ago, Dr Evil said:

For those of you who have gone to the scrimmage, was it worth it? 

I got tickets but I'm unsure if I wanna sit through a bunch of team drills. Odds that I could get Jamal to sign his LSU jersey ?

I've done it and it's worth it.  It's not team drills but rather O vs. D situations.  They'll put the ball on the +30, put 1:20 on the clock, make it 2nd and 15, and see what each squad can do in that situation.  It doesn't feel like a game, there isn't any flow to it, but it is O vs. D the whole time and you will see good passing routes, completions, etc.

Outside of a preseason game it's the best way to judge the QB's.

SAR I

Archived