# Jets vs Lions -- Season Opener on MNF --- The Official Game Thread #

Maxman

6 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Other than Sam, 7 players I really want to see in meaningful game action

1. Nathaniel Shepperd, DL - Looked good in pre-season, was it legit or a fluke?
  2. Chris Herndon, TE - Does he show potential to be a NFL #1 TE - can he be the guy?
  3. Terrell Pryor, WR - Is it possible he could be what he was before?  Does he even flash that potential?
  4. Isaiah Crowell, RB - How do they use him, can be move the chains, can he stay on the field?
  5. Avery Williamson, LB -  didn't see much of him in the pre-season but he drew some rave reviews from coaches and players in the off season 
  6. Frankie Luvu, LB - Is it even fair to hope a UDFA can emerge as a solid pass rush option or is he JAG?
  7. Derrick Jones, CB - Started camp like a monster but the hype seemed to taper off a bit - can he contribute in the secondary or is he mainly a special teams guy?

Digging way back to quote you on this one!

But how about Luvu?! Is he hungry or what? Really nice game for him.

Crowell and Pryor too!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

What a game, a great TEAM WIN!

I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight!

Congratulations!  J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! Jets!

Fight On! 

How neat was it seeing the USC football team watching the Jets game together? They must’ve really loved Sam, for obvious reasons. 

Wow. Im watching this game now...im at the end of the 3rd quarter after Isaiah Crowell ran in that long TD. The Jets are beating the breaks off of Detroit. 48-17 and I haven't even reached the 4th quarter. 

Darren Lee is playing the game of his f'ing LIFE right now. I wonder what Bart Scott has to say about Darren this week! 

8 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

we had no timeouts since our idiot coaching staff calls time outs with one second left in the first quarter rather than letting time run out and gertting an automatic T.O.

Darnold said his headset was cutting out.  Had communication issues, not quite a case of being idiots.

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Sams ability to give zero fvcks after that pick and ball out after that was very telling of what we have in him. 

Here here. And after the Lions tied the game, Sam drove us right down the field to take the lead and we never looked back! 

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Wow. Im watching this game now...im at the end of the 3rd quarter after Isaiah Crowell ran in that long TD. The Jets are beating the breaks off of Detroit. 48-17 and I haven't even reached the 4th quarter. 

Darren Lee is playing the game of his f'ing LIFE right now. I wonder what Bart Scott has to say about Darren this week! 

loved the way Lee played tonight all the guys on defense killed it. the whole team killed it. And yes so did Kacy Rodgers and I was a huge critic of his but you have to give credit where its due

Archived