News flash on draft kings: Josh Gordon to be Released

Rolloffjet

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I doubt the Jets want to take on his baggage and distraction. Although I wouldn't be upset if we did get him. 

If anyone gets him it would be the pats, cowboys, raiders and Seattle. 

Cowboys supposedly already said they aren't going after him.

I'm a professional in the substance abuse field and have been for 15 years. Saying someone is getting help for Anxiety or for MH issues when they go away for a month or two is code, in most cases, to keep the wolves off of your doorstep.  I've used that exact line literally hundreds of times. 

What I can say is this. We do not know this is Substance Abuse related, even though his past would lead us to think that. If this is SA related, the league will take care of him and he will not be able to be traded or sign with another team most likely. If he somehow gets away with relapsing and getting another shot, it's the worst thing that can happen to him health wise. It's all about repercussions and having to deal with the results of your actions. 

If it's not SA related and really is about this hammy thing being the straw that broke the camels back, I say SIGN THIS MOTHER F*CKER RIGHT NOW !!!!!  and take the chance by immersing him in a high character, healthy environment. Get him the hell out of Cleveland. They have no idea what they are doing over there. I'm sure it's not easy on that team man. 

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I'm a professional in the substance abuse field and have been for 15 years. Saying someone is getting help for Anxiety or for MH issues when they go away for a month or two is code, in most cases, to keep the wolves off of your doorstep.  I've used that exact line literally hundreds of times. 

What I can say is this. We do not know this is Substance Abuse related, even though his past would lead us to think that. If this is SA related, the league will take care of him and he will not be able to be traded or sign with another team most likely. If he somehow gets away with relapsing and getting another shot, it's the worst thing that can happen to him health wise. It's all about repercussions and having to deal with the results of your actions. 

If it's not SA related and really is about this hammy thing being the straw that broke the camels back, I say SIGN THIS MOTHER F*CKER RIGHT NOW !!!!!  and take the chance by immersing him in a high character, healthy environment. Get him the hell out of Cleveland. They have no idea what they are doing over there. I'm sure it's not easy on that team man. 

The rumor is that when he came to the team facility to get his hamstrung treated that he injured during a commercial shoot that he was "not himself" 

He needs to walk away from football before he winds up dead 

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

The rumor is that when he came to the team facility to get his hamstrung treated that he injured during a commercial shoot that he was "not himself" 

Right. And that is one of the lines that sent my mind in the relapse direction. It is just a rumor though. Who knows what that means? He could have shaved his eyebrows for all we know.  

people look really different when they do that sh*t  :-) 

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

I don't think it's football that's the root of his issues.

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I don't think it's football that's the root of his issues.

Yeah but he just needs to focus on treatment and getting his mind right. 

He's been getting "second chances" probably since 10th grade. 

He needs the door slammed in his face 

Lifetime ban if I'm Goodell for his own sake 

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

If he relapsed again?  Sure at least a 2 year ban.

But we don't know he did.  I'm sure the GMs looking to trade for him are taking that into consideration.

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

I don't think a lifetime ban would be for his own sake, because he needs something to fight for/look forward to. Although, I guess you could argue that if football was so important to him, then he wouldn't be royally screwing it all up.

But, as far as I'm aware, his only problem thus far has been weed, so let's not act like this dude is strung out on heroine all the time and constantly showing up to practice sh*tfaced drunk. It's weed. Hardly a life threatening substance. Clearly there's more to his story than that. I'd argue that what he needs treatment for isn't substance abuse, per se, but whatever underlying mental health issue(s) he has that are causing him to turn to weed.

And lets' not forget that, rules or not, if the NFL finally got its head out of its ass about pot, than we wouldn't even be discussing this right now.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I don't think a lifetime ban would be for his own sake, because he needs something to fight for/look forward to. Although, I guess you could argue that if football was so important to him, then he wouldn't be royally screwing it all up.

But, as far as I'm aware, his only problem thus far has been weed, so let's not act like this dude is strung out on heroine all the time and constantly showing up to practice sh*tfaced drunk. It's weed. Hardly a life threatening substance. Clearly there's more to his story than that. I'd argue that what he needs treatment for isn't substance abuse, per se, but whatever underlying mental health issue(s) he has that are causing him to turn to weed.

And lets' not forget that, rules or not, if the NFL finally got its head out of its ass about pot, than we wouldn't even be discussing this right now.

He averages 10 catches a year 

That's 9 more than Devin Smith ?

What's the point? 

So the next failed test and a ban costs the Jets? 

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

He averages 10 catches a year 

That's 9 more than Devin Smith ?

What's the point? 

So the next failed test and a ban costs the Jets? 

Oh, I'm not advocating him coming here, god no.

Just think this is a mighty unfortunate situation for the guy.

11 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Oh, I'm not advocating him coming here, god no.

Just think this is a mighty unfortunate situation for the guy.

Oh agree with that 

Weed won't kill him but his lifestyle and choices might 

I just think when some of these kids just keep getting away with it it's bad for them in the long run 

Second chance is one thing, 37th chance is a whole different ballgame lol

Taking what few millions he has already made, setting up some kind of third party trust of said cash, and walking away from the game might be the best thing he can do.

Don't deal with that public pressure, find some less anxiety inducing path. Take care of yourself.

8 hours ago, RobR said:

He's probably getting suspended again so why bother. Another dumbass that can't stay away from weed for millions of dollars.

Easier said than done. Still worth the chance he may overcome his problem. Kid is an absolute stellar talent so it’s worth the risk since the reward could be phenomenal. 

8 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

The hypocrisy of the NFL: loose their sh*t over weed use, all while their doctors happily prescribe opioids like pez candy.

That said, I'm gonna do what Josh Gordon never learned to do and just say no.

Maybe they trade him to the Broncos. Weed is legal there. Or we sign him, put him on the practice squad and wait till they legalize it here in NY. It’s just a matter of time before they do. 

4 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Wrong. He’s addicted to weed. It’s more damaging than you realize. He’s not a ‘casual’ smoker. The kid lives to smoke. That’s evident since he’s risked his livelihood to keep doing it ala Ricky Williams and countless others who just can’t live without it and suffer the consequences. Until he realizes his circumstances have derailed his life, he will have difficulty changing. Very hard for young people to do especially since he’s done pretty well financially already. If he did relapse, it would be best to suspend him for an extended period until he proves he can move forward in his life without it. Not sure if he can be signed to a practice squad if he’s suspended by Godell but I like the idea of giving him something to look forward to. Let’s do away with the judgement and understand the kid is in need of help. 

6 hours ago, Larz said:

so football is whats killing him ??

Archived