Mike Greenberg Interview with Rex Ryan

VinnyT16

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I could see Rex missing coaching. He’ll never get another head coaching job, so maybe he’d accept DC again one day for a team.

I think he can become a head coach again. Norv Turner had a million chances. One thing Rex is very good at is getting a fanbase excited. 

Did anyone actually listen to the podcast?  I just got a chance to listen to it for the first time.  I mean, WOW.  Talk about getting an education.  This man is amazing.  The level of detail this man put into his craft is incredible.  I legit had no clue how much he used metrics and data points he used to construct his weekly schemes.  

I miss this dude so much.

23 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Ehh..I came to the thread looking forward to seeing it pasted so I can conviently read it here or at least seeing a link so I can paste it for everyone else...

And they say being the forum paper boy is some sort of bad thing.?

http://m.espn.com/general/cast?id=22943353&src=desktop

here you go fella’s. It’s in video form so it’s the best I can do.

Didn't work on my desktop browser, here is a link that worked for me...

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=25124450

8 hours ago, JiF said:

No doubt.  Especially with the best season of Hard Knocks of all time to lead up to such an incredible season.  

the 2010 Hard Knocks was the best ever.  The way they were trying to motivate Vernon Gholston, even instigating fight, to no avail,  Joe Mcknights vomiting on the first day after coming to training camp out shape, John Connor, the Snack speech.  It was a must see tv. 

43 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

the 2010 Hard Knocks was the best ever.  The way they were trying to motivate Vernon Gholston, even instigating fight, to no avail,  Joe Mcknights vomiting on the first day after coming to training camp out shape, John Connor, the Snack speech.  It was a must see tv. 

Bout to reminisce and look it up on YouTube as we speak. You guys have to stop making me miss 2010.

20 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Had nothing to do with the end.

Sanchez had one drive down 19-24. His last drive had to be a touchdown.

it wasnt.

end of story.

the defense screwed up in the beginning but didn’t give up a single point. There is no two ways to this.

Sanchez never had the ball in his hands down 19-24.

The Jets were down 24-10 after getting stopped on 4th and goal from the 1 (on the Tomlinson run up the middle). Then, they tackled Big Ben in the end zone for a safety after a botched snap, to make it 24-12. Then, Sanchez drove them the length of the field and hit Cotchery to make it 24-19. Then, the Jets kicked off to the Steelers with just under 3 minutes left (ish) and Pitt got two first downs to seal the game. 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Sanchez never had the ball in his hands down 19-24.

The Jets were down 24-10 after getting stopped on 4th and goal from the 1 (on the Tomlinson run up the middle). Then, they tackled Big Ben in the end zone for a safety after a botched snap, to make it 24-12. Then, Sanchez drove them the length of the field and hit Cotchery to make it 24-19. Then, the Jets kicked off to the Steelers with just under 3 minutes left (ish) and Pitt got two first downs to seal the game. 

My memory obviously doesn’t serve me well. 

Damn shame either way. Was suppose to win.

21 hours ago, JiF said:

Did anyone actually listen to the podcast?  I just got a chance to listen to it for the first time.  I mean, WOW.  Talk about getting an education.  This man is amazing.  The level of detail this man put into his craft is incredible.  I legit had no clue how much he used metrics and data points he used to construct his weekly schemes.  

Greenie a big Jets fan...maybe doing a little showcasing for Rex to return to the Jets?!?!....as a Defensive Coordinator only of course.

22 hours ago, JiF said:

I honestly thought you were being sarcastic, and then I decided to listen on my drive from work. Wow. Rex is 10x the Defensive Coach that Bowles will ever be. 

It was other things that got him run out of town. If he had gotten the "50 year old frat boy" stuff out of his system along with the gastric bypass, he might still be the HC of the NYJ.

"In 2014, my last year, we didnt have an NFL corner". He was absolutely correct. It's a shame. 

On 11/2/2018 at 11:15 AM, sourceworx said:

I'm going to get killed for saying this, but....I love Rex. I'd bring him back and keep Bates on as OC. We aren't firing Mac. May as well bring in a coach who can get the defense to realize its potential. Rex can do that.

Billy Martin of the NFL

Good listen.  Reading btwn the lines he takes a subtle jab at DCs not doing any prep - ie Kacy Rodgers.  I do think he’d do a much better job with the current personnel on that side of the ball, but I’ll never forget how much of an afterthought the offense was during his tenure.  This team went for the franchise QB.  Everything has to be all about Sam right now.  If Sam was already an established franchise QB, and the defense was keeping him from a Lombardi, maybe I’d give Rex a call.  Given the current circumstances, no effing way.

On 11/1/2018 at 4:46 PM, VinnyT16 said:

Highly recommend it. Available for free on ESPN app.

Listening to it makes me realize what a downgrade Bowles is to Rex. 

Rex was a big mouth who totally knew nothing about offense or how to fix it when it went bad. He was also overrated as a DC. Jets were constantly gashed in ground game and had coverage issues galore. To me Bowles is Rex minus the bluster.

48 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Fire Bowles...Ravens & Harbaugh part ways...

Hire Harbaugh as HC & Rex as DC.

Keep Bates as OC if we finish strong?

How do you know Harbaugh would want Bates and Rex? I think he would hire who HE wants in those positions.

8 hours ago, TheGreenGhost said:

The next offensive minded HC for the Jets should really look at bringing Rex in as the DC.

If you don't let Rex make decisions on offense or game management and just concentrate on the D and he does a damn fine job.

We saw enough of Rex as HC and it wouldn't work here. Rex's defense was always underachieving and he was a big reason for it. He did a damn fine job in Baltimore because he had future HOF players. Overrated.

8 hours ago, jmat321 said:

Given the current circumstances, no effing way.

No effing way is right. People forget just how bad it got here under Rex, but not me. Not under any circumstances would I want Rex Ryan back in ANY capacity. He did well in Baltimore because of Ed Reed, Ray Lewis etc...He did not do well in NY because he didn't have those players and he couldn't motivate guys to dig deep. Game after game the defense let down in crucial situations.

Archived