OFFICIAL JETS VS BILLS GAME THREAD

Creepy Lurker

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

That was one of those jaw dropping plays from Darnold.

really just wow. Drive is over and I’m still talking about it.

way to take this sh*t offense all the way down the field and score on that long drive to tie it up.

signature Darnold play....    the ability to improvise 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Pretty much. Hence the rookie year being a wash. That said the good is really good but the bad is really bad. and QB's that have long-term success in the NFL usually seem to fall more in the middle of that. Darnold has looked way more like Sanchez or Geno than he has anyone that's had long, good careers. If I'm the Jets I would strongly be considering using a 2nd or 3rd on a QB this year to play it safe.

They don’t have a 2nd

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I think they're keeping things way too closed off and because of that it makes it easy for the defense for when they try to open it up. And I get both points here. Bowles has to coach to win the game because he's auditioning for future work at this point, letting Darnold sling it too early puts the game at risk; playing tight into the second half is the smarter play in terms of getting the W. On the other the Jets are 3-9 and the season is done, let Darnold just go out there and throw 5 picks if he has to, who cares. Either he learns or we learn more about him. Either way is a win. But it's really unfair to get on Bowles for not taking some chances when everyone including him knows he has to find work elsewhere next year; or blaming him for that god awful interception. It's not on Todd Bowles to teach Sam Darnold not to throw that ball right there. 

But it IS on Todd Bowles to find a competent OC and staff to develop this young QB, which he has unequivocally failed at.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

But it IS on Todd Bowles to find a competent OC and staff to develop this young QB, which he has unequivocally failed at.

I don't even know what developing a QB means anymore. You can surround any guy with anyone you want but if the guy can't figure out not to throw it to the other team when Khalil Mack is running at you then there is only so much you can do.

Jets fans, including myself, have been way too reliant on blaming way too much on the coaches. Coaching certainly matters but these guys are professional athletes and grown men.

Archived