OFFICIAL JETS VS BILLS GAME THREAD

Creepy Lurker

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That's probably in large part because or coaching staff cannot manufacture ANYTHING.  He's put in positions where he is shouldering the load to try and make huge plays on off schedule situations because the coaching staff is so inept.

I mean, this seems SOOOO obvious, but seems to elude many. 

8 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Fair, and those mistakes are on Sam, but you can't ignore the stark contrast between a QB who had a career year on this team last year, and how he's performed so far this year.

I think they're keeping things way too closed off and because of that it makes it easy for the defense for when they try to open it up. And I get both points here. Bowles has to coach to win the game because he's auditioning for future work at this point, letting Darnold sling it too early puts the game at risk; playing tight into the second half is the smarter play in terms of getting the W. On the other the Jets are 3-9 and the season is done, let Darnold just go out there and throw 5 picks if he has to, who cares. Either he learns or we learn more about him. Either way is a win. But it's really unfair to get on Bowles for not taking some chances when everyone including him knows he has to find work elsewhere next year; or blaming him for that god awful interception. It's not on Todd Bowles to teach Sam Darnold not to throw that ball right there.

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't have stats just an observation but usually Sam rolls out to his left. But on that play he rolled out to his right first If he can do both a big positive in his game. 

Which is why I dont understand why they dont run more of the designed ones like the one where Darnold threw that dime to Herndon.  Especially with an Oline that is struggling to hold position.

Archived