Jump to content
Rhg1084

Miami to move on from Tannehill

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Starting QB price tag is getting too high for some of these middle of the road guys who show enough to be possible FQB but just not there - Dalton could be next, Winston is there, Mariota is close...

like Fitz or Uncle Josh - they need to be signed to backup money and played as needed - only the Jets announce them as starters and waste cap space

 

What’s interesting is that we will see more of these type of players move on to other teams. At least a few will pan out and surprise on their new team.

Things should be interesting for QBs in about 2 years. It’ll look very different between player movement, young QBs drafted from 2016-2020 and retirement of the long time starters/stars (Brady, Brees, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Manning).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris Johnson better be putting together a plan of action to get an experienced Head Coach in here with ties to multiple coordinators to pick from who would be excited to work with Darnold & turn this defense around. 

The entire AFC East is up in the air, Brady is showing cracks & turns 42, Gronk & Edelman are beat up, and their defense is mediocre. 

The Bills have an inaccurate QB that can run around, good DCs can contain a guy like that. 

Now Miami looks like they will be blowing it up. Funny how Gase owns Bowles, that in itself should have pissed off Chris Johnson. B4 Brady, the Dolphins are the most hated team in Jet fandom & watching Bowles get out coached by Gase every year has not been fun.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Even tho he never panned out to what they hoped I feel like he always killed the jets with his arm and running around too. Add another team to the list who will need a new qb. I could see him getting another starting QB gig in the league and actually think he’d be a nice fit for Giants. 

I'm not sure Tannehill ever had a good game against us, he had some games w/ good #s but he was never the reason they beat us.

 

I wish Miami would sign him to a 5 year contract extension along w/ the giants signing Eli to a new deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I admit I haven't paid much attention to the dolphins this year but I thought he was having a good season. Wasn't he one of the better qbs in the nfl early this year?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

No he wasn't, some "experts' were overrating him b/c Miami was winning but they weren't winning b/c of him.  He's been a mediocre at best QB his entire career, Miami wasted most of this decade w/ him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nyjunc said:

No he wasn't, some "experts' were overrating him b/c Miami was winning but they weren't winning b/c of him.  He's been a mediocre at best QB his entire career, Miami wasted most of this decade w/ him.

Tannehill has always looked good on paper for some reason his statistics are good but on the field he sucks and loses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

What’s interesting is that we will see more of these type of players move on to other teams. At least a few will pan out and surprise on their new team.

Things should be interesting for QBs in about 2 years. It’ll look very different between player movement, young QBs drafted from 2016-2020 and retirement of the long time starters/stars (Brady, Brees, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Manning).

Flacco, Winston, Tannehill, Bortles are all moving this offseason to new homes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sourceworx said:

I don't know why, but I see Joe Flacco on the Giants next year.

That would be an upgrade for the giants.

9 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Sign this beast. 

In all seriousness tho... JK about signing him, but for all his flaws, you could argue that the Jets had more talent in the Tanny days than they have under Idzik and Macc

our current mess began when we foolishly fired Tannenbaum and replaced him w/ Idzik.  Mike was far from perfect but he built those title game teams and deserved a chance to rebuild after those teams got old and too expensive.  Unfortunately for him he was stuck w/ Tannehill in Miami.  he did help them end their playoff drought but banking on Tannehill is a recipe for disaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Tannehill has always looked good on paper for some reason his statistics are good but on the field he sucks and loses

you are correct, his #s have always looked better than he actually is.  you can always tell who has watched him play and who has just looked at blind #s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sourceworx said:

I don't know why, but I see Joe Flacco on the Giants next year.

I can see him going to Jacksonville. Think it could be a decent fit for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jamesr said:

I can see him going to Jacksonville. Think it could be a decent fit for him.

Bortles isn't very good but he's not why they sucked this year.  That D wasn't very good and they had a million injuries on offense.  a healthy Flacco could be a good fit there though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Sign this beast. 

In all seriousness tho... JK about signing him, but for all his flaws, you could argue that the Jets had more talent in the Tanny days than they have under Idzik and Macc

Make No mistake Mangini built those teams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Bortles isn't very good but he's not why they sucked this year.  That D wasn't very good and they had a million injuries on offense.  a healthy Flacco could be a good fit there though.

Bortles wasn't why they sucked - but at the same time he couldn't do enough to offset the issues around them. And they've always played around him rather than through him, never trusting him to win them games (with good reason).

If they can get their D back up to scratch (or at least decent) and have a healthy year from Fournette, they'll go much further with a Flacco type of QB rather than Bortles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Sign this beast. 

In all seriousness tho... JK about signing him, but for all his flaws, you could argue that the Jets had more talent in the Tanny days than they have under Idzik and Macc

At least under Tanny we saw the value in drafting OL high ... my biggest issue with Macc is that he almost seems allergic to drafting OL high, when it has been and still is a big area of need for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you are correct, his #s have always looked better than he actually is.  you can always tell who has watched him play and who has just looked at blind #s. 

Bortles the first 3 years was the same way.  Good player on paper sucked in real life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get that Tanny isn't the best QB, but if I were the Dolphins I'd keep him. The upcoming QB class is bad, and there are no free agent QB's that are especially good either. It's a hole they won't be able to patch up until at least 2020 so I'd wait until then to cut him loose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grandy said:

I get that Tanny isn't the best QB, but if I were the Dolphins I'd keep him. The upcoming QB class is bad, and there are no free agent QB's that are especially good either. It's a hole they won't be able to patch up until at least 2020 so I'd wait until then to cut him loose.

my guess is that they will sign Bridgewater, depending on what they see this weekend from him when he starts instead of Brees.  His Saints deal was one year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could do worse but you could definitely do better. It's one of those situations where Tannehill could keep you at 8-8 with the occasional one-and-done playoff appearance, but he'll never be anything more than that. The dude is most definitely not winning a Superbowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Websites, SEO & Social Media

Mile Social
×