After Bowles is evicted on Black Monday

Dcat

10 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I can't believe the whining on this site regarding who Macc drafted or who he didn't draft, lets move on the past is the past! So, he doesn't draft Lee, how much better does it make us? Go back & tell me who he should have drafted? Again, tell me that wasn't Todd Bowles thinking he was drafting Buchanan? 

EVERYTHING WORKED OUT! Had anything Macc has done gone 15% more positive, we might be watching Josh Allen this year for god sakes. Did you see some of those throws last week vs the Pats? Wide open guys & the ball is hitting the ground 3 feet in front of them! After years and years and years of bad luck, 21 year old Sam Darnold just fell in our lap after Macc traded up to 3. So he was lucky, who the hell cares at this point! Imagine if we pinned our hopes of a Super Bowl on Teddy Bridgewaters shredded wheat knee? We're going to have years of football fun watching Darnold develop. Jets past history ended for me in the Texans game, when Sam was calmly running away from Clowney & Watt, like he was in Central Park throwing the ball around with friends. And how fun was it last week seeing him zip pass after pass into guys waiting arms? Stop being buzz killers and enjoy the game this Sunday. New QB, new coaches, new Unis, AFC East soon to be WIDE OPEN, you guys might soon be tailgating B4 a Home playoff game!

So, whats in the past is in the past and no indication of what the future holds?

The guy has mostly sucked for 4 years but lets just ignore that totally and pretend he will now be great all of a sudden.

How some of you people can utterly ignore all of his fails, his awful fa choices and his terrible plan at assembling a football team I'll never understand.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So, whats in the past is in the past and no indication of what the future holds?

The guy has mostly sucked for 4 years but lets just ignore that totally and pretend he will now be great all of a sudden.

How some of you people can utterly ignore all of his fails, his awful fa choices and his terrible plan at assembling a football team I'll never understand.

I think the direction we take WITHOUT BOWLES will have us heading in the right direction to surround Sam with players!

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

I sure hope that everyone here with a "Bowles" in their screen name swaps it out for a new one.  Nobody, I mean absolutely nobody, will want to see that name around these parts.  After Kotite, Bowles is by far the worst HC in Jets history.  And some would say Bowles rivals Kotitian level. 

On an unrelated note, all screen name changes now cost $25.

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

Stop buying into this myth.  His trade ensured us of either Josh Allen or Josh Rosen. That's it.  Getting either Mayfield or Darnold in that spot was dictated solely by the Browns and the Giants.    After-the-fact reasoning doesn't work well with this.  What would you be feeling right now had it been Allen or Rosen?  The result of the trade was great.  But that is as much luck as you can get. 

Even Heimerdinger said it was luck when he told mac he had a horseshoe up his ass.  

Luck. Sheer luck.

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — “You have a horseshoe up your ass.”

The words instinctively rolled off the tongue of Jets VP of player personnel Brian Heimerdinger, and were directed at the boss, GM Mike Maccagnan, who wouldn’t let himself believe this would happen.

I am okay with being lucky rather than good. If anyone can luck their way to the Lombardi sign me up.

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

I sure hope that everyone here with a "Bowles" in their screen name swaps it out for a new one.  Nobody, I mean absolutely nobody, will want to see that name around these parts.  After Kotite, Bowles is by far the worst HC in Jets history.  And some would say Bowles rivals Kotitian level. 

This time seemed more excruciatingly painful.

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

Stop buying into this myth.  His trade ensured us of either Josh Allen or Josh Rosen. That's it.  Getting either Mayfield or Darnold in that spot was dictated solely by the Browns and the Giants.    After-the-fact reasoning doesn't work well with this.  What would you be feeling right now had it been Allen or Rosen?  The result of the trade was great.  But that is as much luck as you can get. 

Even Heimerdinger said it was luck when he told mac he had a horseshoe up his ass.  

Luck. Sheer luck.

The words instinctively rolled off the tongue of Jets VP of player personnel Brian Heimerdinger, and were directed at the boss, GM Mike Maccagnan, who wouldn’t let himself believe this would happen.

You nail it.

Very realistic scenario if Darnold and Mayfield went 1-2 or vice versa.

What move do the Jets make then?  Barkley?  To run and get abused behind a line that can’t run block.  

Panic?  Which Maccagnan would have done, he needed a QB and ONLY a QB to save his job.

Allen?  Looks like somewhat better version of Hackenberg (who can probably read a D better than Allen)

Rosen?  Kid has a nice arm, throws a nice ball, but once any play breaks down he has huge problems, not 1/10th the athlete Darnold is.

So Maccagnan would most likely have walked into Allen or Rosen, and Jet fans would be going apoplectic as a new Mark Sanchez 5 year scenario played out.  Similar to the Ryan Tannehill experiment that is finishing up now in Miami.

Horseshoe is the understatement of the century.

But I still want a new GM.

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Just imagine Mac stood pat at #6 and Sam was drafted at #3, 4 or 5 . No one here would be saying he did a great job keeping his 3 2nd round picks , they would being saying he was stupid to not move up to get Darnold.  He put the team in a position to get a quality QB, what the other teams did in front of us was out of his control. 

This.  Yes, it was lucky that Darnold slipped to 3rd, but if Macc had stayed at 6th we would have Rosen right now.  Getting to 1st or 2nd was not possible, so he did the next best thing and traded to 3rd.  That at least gave us a chance to get lucky, and we did.  A brilliant move that required luck to succeed, but succeed it did.

I'm no Macc fan, but this move was brilliant, and lucky at the same time.

6 minutes ago, viffer said:

This.  Yes, it was lucky that Darnold slipped to 3rd, but if Macc had stayed at 6th we would have Rosen right now.  Getting to 1st or 2nd was not possible, so he did the next best thing and traded to 3rd.  That at least gave us a chance to get lucky, and we did.  A brilliant move that required luck to succeed, but succeed it did.

I'm no Macc fan, but this move was brilliant, and lucky at the same time.

It was a self preservation move, don’t be fooled.

All his previous terrible moves had backed him into a corner.  No one was going to stand for 4 years of Fitzpatrick and McCown combined.  Why even play those seasons?

Virtually everything Maccagnan and Bowles do is based on them picking up future paychecks, the future of the team a very distant second.

54 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

You nail it.

Very realistic scenario if Darnold and Mayfield went 1-2 or vice versa.

What move do the Jets make then?  Barkley?  To run and get abused behind a line that can’t run block.  

Panic?  Which Maccagnan would have done, he needed a QB and ONLY a QB to save his job.

Allen?  Looks like somewhat better version of Hackenberg (who can probably read a D better than Allen)

Rosen?  Kid has a nice arm, throws a nice ball, but once any play breaks down he has huge problems, not 1/10th the athlete Darnold is.

So  would most likely have walked into Allen or Rosen, and Jet fans would be going apoplectic as a new Mark Sanchez 5 year scenario played out.  Similar to the Ryan Tannehill experiment that is finishing up now in Miami.

Horseshoe is the understatement of the century.

But I still want a new GM.

I still want a new GM, but The Giants where never going to draft a QB. The fan base loves Eli, he gave them two Superbowls. Dave Gettleman is 67 he a short term GM he's not rocking the boat.

Maccagan moved up thinking he's getting Baker, at worst Rosen. He and everyone else was shocked that Darnold fell to #3 

It was a great move by Macc, not admitting it is disingenuous.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I am okay with being lucky rather than good. If anyone can luck their way to the Lombardi sign me up.

So you like living at the mercy of lady luck?  Not me.  Get us a new GM who is not nearly as luck-dependent as is our doofus.  And Mac is a doofus.  In fact, he is the prototype doofus GM of the NFL. 

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Just imagine Mac stood pat at #6 and Sam was drafted at #3, 4 or 5 . No one here would be saying he did a great job keeping his 3 2nd round picks , they would being saying he was stupid to not move up to get Darnold.  He put the team in a position to get a quality QB, what the other teams did in front of us was out of his control. 

That is true, provided you regard Josh A or Josh R as a "quality" QB.  Me?  I wanted a "Franchise-caliber" QB.  Only Darnold or Mayfield would have satisfied that for me and drafting at 3 was no guarantee. 

So I'll give one half a kudo for trading up to make sure we got either Rosen or Allen and a humongous, tremendous,  huge, sensational KUDO to Lady Luck for both the Browns and Giants passing over Darnold. 

Mac is a doofus.

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

I still want a new GM, but The Giants where never going to draft a QB. The fan base loves Eli, he gave them two Superbowls. Dave Gettleman is 67 he a short term GM he's not rocking the boat.

Maccagan moved up thinking he's getting Baker, at worst Rosen. He and everyone else was shocked that Darnold fell to #3 

It was a great move by Macc, not admitting it is disingenuous.

It was a necessary move to save his job.  A long way from brilliant. After his 3 year decrepid track record drafting, what else could he do?  Had he walked away without a QB at 6, his career in the NFL would have been its final season.  Brilliant?  It was desperate.  Let's all be thankful that Heimerdinger closed the deal with Indi.   

13 wins in the last 3 seasons. Luck has nothing to do with that level of awfulness.

Getting to a super bowl requires SOME luck, yes. Some here seem to operate under the delusion that you can suck at building a roster for 4 years then suddenly luck into a deep playoff run.

You need pieces in place for luck to play a factor. Luck is a residue of design.

After Bowles is evicted on Black Monday

Party at MetLife. Max will organize the tailgating. Crusher will make his famous chili for all, followed by farts in Todd Bowles direction to symbolize his stinky coaching career here. T0mShane will provide the gin and vodka to quell 4 years of hair pulling frustration. I will provide free suicide prevention therapy after everyone gets drunk on T0mShane’s magic elixir. Joewilly12 will bring Fire Mac signs. Bugg will present the eulogy - Can’t Wait. Jet Engine will fly his F14 over MetlLife.  If anyone else cares to contribute their special talents, feel free to contribute. 

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

13 wins in the last 3 seasons. Luck has nothing to do with that level of awfulness.

Getting to a super bowl requires SOME luck, yes. Some here seem to operate under the delusion that you can suck at building a roster for 4 years then suddenly luck into a deep playoff run.

You need pieces in place for luck to play a factor. Luck is a residue of design.

It was meant as a joke, not as a defense of Macc.

Was.just saying if he's lucky enough to get Darnold and he can repeat that luck, I'm down lol 

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Giants aren’t in position to get this miracle catch if they hadn’t invested in pass rushers for years.

Cant dispute what you say however that catch still probably falls incomplete 999 out of 1000 times.

It was miraculous and the kind of in game luck our team never sees.

20 hours ago, Dcat said:

Bowles has broken more than one record of sucktitude during his tenure. Kotite at least had the pride to resign when he understood the game was passing him by. Bowles calls out the Refs en route to 14 wins in three years even though he's tried 3 different OC's in that time. 

It was meant as a joke, not as a defense of Macc.
Was.just saying if he's lucky enough to get Darnold and he can repeat that luck, I'm down lol 

Sure, but it’s a dangerous assumption to suggest luck alone can get you a Super Bowl. It implies that Super Bowls can be built in a day, when in reality it takes years of great front office decisions to put a team in that position.

20 hours ago, Dcat said:

Luck. Sheer luck.

Exactamundo. Mac’s stupidity in signing McClown, when there was absolutely no need to, resulted in 5 meaningless wins. Mac knew Hack was a waste product and wouldn’t amount to anything. To save face he signed McClown because playing Petty or Hack for the entire season would have been beyond embarrassing. BUT it would have ensured the #1 pick. Instead, Mac was forced to move up to the 3 spot by sacrificing 3 2nd rounders. Had Mayfield or Darnold not been available, the pick would have Rosen. No doubt. 

Only Jet fans can still complain about a scenario where we get Darnold.

Who cares if they were lucky, bottom line they got a QB. If Mac held on to the 3 second round picks there were would be countless threads saying sure what good are the 2nd round picks look at his draft history in the 2nd round. Or if we got Rosen/Allen he should have traded up to get Darnold or Mayfield.

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Only Jet fans can still complain about a scenario where we get Darnold.

Who cares if they were lucky, bottom line they got a QB. If Mac held on to the 3 second round picks there were would be countless threads saying sure what good are the 2nd round picks look at his draft history in the 2nd round. Or if we got Rosen/Allen he should have traded up to get Darnold or Mayfield.

Christ.  No one is complaining about acquiring Darnold.  The point is that the trade up to #3 is insufficient to save Mac's job.  An act of desperation is a terrible reason to keep this jerk as GM. And it surely does not compensate for all of Mac's failures to date.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Christ.  No one is complaining about acquiring Darnold.  The point is that the trade up to #3 is insufficient to save Mac's job.  An act of desperation is a terrible reason to keep this jerk as GM. And it surely does not compensate for all of Mac's failures to date.

An act of desperation - priceless :rl:.  He moves up to secure what they believe was one of top 3 QB's in the draft , yet Jet fans who have been clammering for a QB forever view the move as desperation . You can't make this sh*t up.

When are you guys gonna accept Mac is going to be here in 2019.

At this point it actually would be stupid to fire him. The Jets desperately need a new HC , by also having to look for a GM it will hinder their ability to strike quickly to land one of the top HC candidates. The only priority right now is to find the right HC to complement our franchise QB.

8 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

An act of desperation - priceless :rl:.  He moves up to secure what they believe was one of top 3 QB's in the draft , yet Jet fans who have been clammering for a QB forever view the move as desperation . You can't make this sh*t up.

When are you guys gonna accept Mac is going to be here in 2019.

At this point it actually would be stupid to fire him. The Jets desperately need a new HC , by also having to look for a GM it will hinder their ability to strike quickly to land one of the top HC candidates. The only priority right now is to find the right HC to complement our franchise QB.

Plus, I don't think Macc is as stupid as some people on this site think he is. A new coach is gonna come in here & Maccs gonna say, tell me what you need? They'll watch tape of Sammy & start lining up how they want this offense to operate. 

Outside of the 1st pick unless we trade down (Defense at the top/pass rusher), free agency & the rest of our draft are going to be on OFFENSE folks! 1st headline after free agency & the draft.....New York Jets take the Offensive!

Archived