Jets (Requesting to Interview) HC Candidates

JetsYanks13

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, C & D list candidates.  Translation, you have no friggen idea who they are.  Pretty much everyone knew that Monken was going to get interviews off of what his history and accomplishments were

You really need to grow up from believing either Johnson is a walking joke.  Its just not smart

Monken is a part of a staff that has had two lousy seasons in a row despite being loaded on offense

I remember you defending the Tebow trade too years ago.  Are you related to Woody?

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Its as good of a skill group as there is in league.

Im actually with you.  The Jets would be stupid to interview any coach who comes from a team that has any talent on it.  Nagy, Bienemy, etc should never have gotten interviews.  Only should go to coaches from teams without talent, who put up crappy numbers.

The arguments and logic gets worse and worse as the candidate list grows

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Im actually with you.  The Jets would be stupid to interview any coach who comes from a team that has any talent on it.  Nagy, Bienemy, etc should never have gotten interviews.  Only should go to coaches from teams without talent, who put up crappy numbers.

Again this is besides the point. I figured the Jets ownership was finally willing to spend on a big time HC with experience and would be willing to fork over the money. This is the same thing we did 4 years ago. Bargain bin coordinator hunting.

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

I suspected this. Chris Johnson was concerned about the optics firing a black Head Coach. IE the social justice donation announcement a couple weeks ago and his public stance supporting players kneeling. Hardly surprising his first two public interview requests is with minority head coaches.

That’s a rather cynical take. I suspect he’s more concerned that his family business has been distributing cyanide in their baby powder for half a century. 

Monken’s contract is up so he is essentially a free agent.  I would think that if the Jets want to go with a HC with a defensive back ground or a young College Coach, Monken would be a fantastic add to the staff as the OC.

My issue with Gase and Monken is the culture in both teams was a disaster.  Not sure how they could possibly come in and clean up our culture issues.

34 minutes ago, Stark said:

Nagy was with Reid for 9 years I think. A lot of exposure there. Not sure how much Bienemy learned in 1 year

Eric Bieniemy has been with Reid for 6 years. That’s a lot more than 1. Reid promoted him to OC. Not sure if this guy is the answer for us but Reid trust him enough to promote him to OC.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Again this is besides the point. I figured the Jets ownership was finally willing to spend on a big time HC with experience and would be willing to fork over the money. This is the same thing we did 4 years ago. Bargain bin coordinator hunting.

Name the big time HC that they've eliminated from any list?

And of those that they've eliminated which big time, high ticket coach did you want?

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

And of those that they've eliminated which big time, high ticket coach did you want?

No big time HCs are returning Mac’s calls because he is a joke like the owners 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

With the parameters being set, I'd offer Mccarthy 10 mill a year to be the HC here. Time to overpay for a coach, there's no cap there.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

With the parameters being set, I'd offer Mccarthy 10 mill a year to be the HC here. Time to overpay for a coach, there's no cap there.

You'd be the only person to offer him 10 per.  Especially to a guy who is so ill suited for NYC

Just now, RVAJet815 said:

Campbell is out...

Don't know why this is surprising to people.  He's been saying for weeks that he's not interested in the NFL at this time, just like Lincoln Riley.  He just signed a massive contract extension with Iowa State too.

55 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

The only thing they needed to pull out the search firm for was a President of a Football ops so he can do the heavy lifting because clearly the Johnsons have no clue and they don’t trust or don’t want to empower Mac to do it himself like a reaL GM....

This is ridiculous! The Johnsons are really something. Either keep the GM and let him Generally Manage the operation or get rid of him and Hire someone who can. 

Raiders are hiring Mayock. Now THAT'S some balls right there!  

Just now, Mogglez said:

Don't know why this is surprising to people.  He's been saying for weeks that he's not interested in the NFL at this time, just like Lincoln Riley.  He just signed a massive contract extension with Iowa State too.

Money talks. The Johnsons dont spend on coaches. But hey, lets interview Todd Monken.

Archived