Jets (Requesting to Interview) HC Candidates

JetsYanks13

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

This is ridiculous! The Johnsons are really something. Either keep the GM and let him Generally Manage the operation or get rid of him and Hire someone who can. 

Raiders are hiring Mayock. Now THAT'S some balls right there!  

If the Johnsons had a pair of Balls Mayock is now the Jets gm

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Philc1 said:

When some Iowa State coach is turning down even an interview you know the word is out stay away from Macagnan and the Johnsons

Sure, if you're not going to offer him a significant pay increase- why even consider? In order to sway these college coaches you have to pay.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why do you laugh at this?  Are you a Jets fan or just a TROLL 

Hahahahahagahaha 

If the Iowa St coach won’t even interview with us I have got to see what McCarthy’s agent emailed to Macagnan probably a a giant “F-CK off” emoticon

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

If the Johnsons had a pair of Balls Mayock is now the Jets gm

That's the idea man. We talk about big game hunting and interview the db's coach for the cowboys? lol  

I'm sure the guy is a good football mind and all that, but come on!  Mayock was out of anything I thought as realistic. Gruden is not pussy footing around!  That's what we need. I would love to see the Jets hire a McCarthy / Harbaugh type and just leave it to them from soup to nuts. Give am the keys and leave the building. I'm getting exhausted already!  lol 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Money talks. The Johnsons dont spend on coaches. But hey, lets interview Todd Monken.

At this point in time, Matt Campbell hasn't done anything to say that he is worth giving a contract that usurps the one he just got at Iowa State, which is a decent amount.  Also, money doesn't always talk.  The guy is happy where he is, he's finally seeing a return on his recruiting, and enjoys the college game.

Again, this was not something that was realistic if you paid attention.  Just like Lincoln Riley.

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Money talks. The Johnsons dont spend on coaches. But hey, lets interview Todd Monken.

People keep saying this without anything to back it up; The Johnsons won't let Bowles go with 2 years left (too cheap); Mac won't draft O in the first round (Darnold), etc.

Just because they haven't in the past, doesn't mean they won't....

14 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Guys I give up.  Enjoy another 10 years without even a playoff appearance 

and i I thought Bills fans had it bad

It really does feel this way already. I can't believe the levels of ineptitude we continue to explore. CJ coming out and saying that blew me away man. Truly! 

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

People keep saying this without anything to back it up; The Johnsons won't let Bowles go with 2 years left (too cheap); Mac won't draft O in the first round (Darnold), etc.

stop muddying the waters with facts

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

At this point in time, Matt Campbell hasn't done anything to say that he is worth giving a contract that usurps the one he just got at Iowa State, which is a decent amount.  Also, money doesn't always talk.  The guy is happy where he is, he's finally seeing a return on his recruiting, and enjoys the college game.

Again, this was not something that was realistic if you paid attention.  Just like Lincoln Riley.

Winning games at a C school in a A conference are the types of coaches the Jets need to be looking at and willing to pay. I dont know much about Campbell, but Iowa State has been traditionally terrible and he's won games there. These are the types of coaches the franchise needs to look at. Open up the checkbook and pay. The coordinator, we'll pay you what we paid Bowles and nothing more is insanity. How have the Jets under the Johnson's (who have zero football knowledge) never paid for a coach? It's the only way to compensate for their lack of football acumen. You get people to change their minds if you offer money and control.

3 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Who said any of these two things? They havent been willing to pay for an established GM/Pres or a HC in 20 years. They hired Herman out of nowhere to start.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Who said any of these two things? They havent been willing to pay for an established GM/Pres or a HC in 20 years. They hired Herman out of nowhere to start.

Says who?  Where do you come up with this nonsense.  Theyve spend a ton of money on this team.  Of all the ridiculous complaints.  You can only laugh

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

The Latest on Jets Coaching Search: Team reaches out to Chiefs about OC

New York put in request to interview Eric Bieniemy

12:55PM
  • Share:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
New York Jets quarterback Sam Darnold, defensive back Rontez Miles and punter Lac Edwards leave the field after losing to the New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium. (Winslow Townson/USA TODAY Sports) New York Jets quarterback Sam Darnold, defensive back Rontez Miles and punter Lac Edwards leave the field after losing to the New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium. (Winslow Townson/USA TODAY Sports)

The Jets fired head coach Todd Bowles late Sunday night after the 55-year-old spent three seasons with the team. Bowles finished his tenure with a 24-40 record -- winning 10 of his first 15 games at the helm. Bowles' Jets finished 5-11 in 2016 and '17, then went 4-12 this season. In hopes of turning a new page, New York isn't wasting time hunting for a replacement.

Here are the latest updates on the Jets' search for a new head coach:

Dec. 31, 12:30 PM:

Kris Richard: The Jets are requesting an interview with Dallas Cowboys passing game coordinator and Defensive backs coach Kris Richard, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero. The playoff-bound Cowboys hired Richard as their DB coach in January of this year. The former NFL cornerback began his coaching career with the Seattle Seahawks 2010 as an assistant DB coach, promoted to Defensive coordinator in '15. Richard's defense ranked first in points allowed for the '15 Seahawks season.

Ralph's Take: The 39-year-old Richard is a very well-respected coach who a lot of people around the league believe will be a star as a head coach someday. He'll be a terrific hire for someone, but he doesn't make a lot of sense for the Jets. His specialty is defense. He was the assistant who groomed the Legion of Boom secondary in Seattle and then became their defensive coordinator. A former NFL cornerback, he has no background on offense at all. That makes him another Todd Bowles and that's not what the Jets need. They need an offensive mind, someone who can help groom quarterbackSam Darnold. Another defensive mind with no head coaching experience would be a mistake.

Dec. 31, 11:35 AM:

Eric Bieniemy: The Jets put in a request to interview Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. Bieniemy has 11 years of coaching experience under his belt -- six years with Kansas City under head coach Andy Reid. He was promoted to Chiefs OC before the 2018 season. QB Patrick Mahomes had a great year under Bieniemy's tutelage, completing 383 of 580 passes for 5,097 yards on the year.

Ralph's Take: This is a real good place for the Jets to start, given the success of young quarterback Patrick Mahomes and the explosiveness of the Chiefs offense. Andy Reid calls the plays there, but that hasn't seemed to hurt the men on the branches of his coaching tree. Matt Nagy, his previous offensive coordinator, turned the Chicago Bears around this season and led them to the playoffs. And his previous offensive coordinator, Doug Pederson, won a Super Bowl last year in his first season as the Philadelphia Eagles head coach. So there's a track record there. The only risk is that he's never been a head coach at any level, and the Jets may want someone a little more experienced than that.

Dec. 30, 12:00 PM:

Mike McCarthy: Cardinals ownership reached out to former Packers head coach Mike McCarthy and the 55-year-old reportedly said he does not intend to pursue the opening, according to CBS Sports. The reports says McCarthy will sit out in 2019 if the perfect coaching opportunity does not present itself. McCarthy took the Packers to four NFC championships in 13 years before he was fired in-season earlier this month. He finished his tenure with the Green Bay on a 125-77-2 regular season record. 

Ralph's Take: Simply the best available candidate. In 13 seasons in Green Bay he had eight seasons with double-digit wins, nine trips to the playoffs, four trips to the NFC championship and a Super Bowl championship. What's unknown is whether he wants to coach in New York. His destination might be Arizona.

And of course, the Jet secondary is fine. It only lost about 6 games this year by itself.  The QB may never even talk tpo the HC.  Tell me who the OC is.  And can this guy run a disciplined game plan and locker room

18 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

It really does feel this way already. I can't believe the levels of ineptitude we continue to explore. CJ coming out and saying that blew me away man. Truly! 

Ivory Tower owners and clueless front office types.  A devil's brew.

1 hour ago, Bocajetfan said:

This is where being politically correct becomes an issue. Just look at the resumes are any of these dismissal appear in anyway unwarranted.? Not that I can tell

Absolutely agreed.  They were all pretty lousy coaches, except maybe McCarthy but that's one of 8. 

The issue is never really about reality with pro sports.  It's about perception, and somewhere, someone is going to overreact to it and start stirring the pot.  How long until Stephen A Smith picks up that torch?

27 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Winning games at a C school in a A conference are the types of coaches the Jets need to be looking at and willing to pay. I dont know much about Campbell, but Iowa State has been traditionally terrible and he's won games there. These are the types of coaches the franchise needs to look at. Open up the checkbook and pay. The coordinator, we'll pay you what we paid Bowles and nothing more is insanity. How have the Jets under the Johnson's (who have zero football knowledge) never paid for a coach? It's the only way to compensate for their lack of football acumen. You get people to change their minds if you offer money and control.

Why would most college coaches want to come to the NFL????

Archived