Allbright: Jets job trending towards Matt Rhule

Patriot Killa

24 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

If the Jets hire Rhule it tells me Mac has a lot more say than we think, and he is scared to hire a top notch coach.

Is Macc clueless,  Yeah probably.  But to say he is scared to hire a top notch coach is a reach, at best.  If THIS Coach does not win,  MacCagnan is gone.  Period.  He knows that.  He cannot possibly survive another coaching disaster.  If  Rhule  is hired, lay it at the feet of  Chris Johnson,  it would have been his call.  Period.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You mean from 1-11 to 7-6?  You think its should have been more?

How about Temple?  From 2-10 to 10-3.  Hes can coach apparently.  Not saying hes the next great HC but theres no real reason to think he cant coach.  Then again most dont want Gase or McCarthy so whats the point

Just before the scandal Baylor was 32-7, they were 7-6 the year of and 1-11 Rhules first year. Getting them back to 7-6 for a single season after a single 1 win season isn't turning them around, it's maybe starting the job or preventing them from completely collapsing, but it's not turning them around the way I'd define it.

And Temple was 9-4 2 years before Rhule got there. They were 2-10 his first year. He "turned them around" from his own poor start. 

McCarthy would still be my #1 target, but I’m amazed by the amount of people who outright despise Rhule. Even constantly harping on his religion.

And these same people say they want McCarthy coupled with some sort of dynamic offense. McCarthy was mentored by the likes of Marty Schottenheimer and Paul f*cking Hackett. I wouldn’t exactly consider those guys “innovative” offensive minds. And neither is McCarthy, frankly.

The biggest reason people want McCarthy is because they want to believe that he was hugely responsible for Aaron Rodgers’ development. That’s pretty much it.

I’d still like to have him, but Rhule is my #2 guy so I’m not going to burn the Jets for going in that direction.

Now if they turn around and hire someone like Jim Caldwell, then yeah, break out the goddamn pitchforks.

3 hours ago, CTM said:

It's the only thing that makes sense. You think a guy like CJ with a losing franchise wouldn't jump at the chance to hire a guy with McCarthy's pedigree unless someone who has his ear and a claim to be an NFL guy is dissuading him? 

I expect mind numbingly stupid takes from 80 but when did you lose 40 IQ points?

Your whacked out theory is that Mac is manipulating CJ to save his job, right?

What hire is more dangerous for him?  A complete wild card with very limited NFL experience or the most qualified HC on the market?

You don't think if the Jets hire Ruhle and fail the next 2 years that Macc will get booted out of here faster than Crusher can down a Double Whopper?

Holy moly with the dumb takes.

Just now, Untouchable said:

McCarthy would still be my #1 target, but I’m amazed by the amount of people who outright despise Rhule. Even constantly harping on his religion.

And these same people say they want McCarthy coupled with some sort of dynamic offense. McCarthy was mentored by the likes of Marty Schottenheimer and Paul f*cking Hackett. I wouldn’t exactly consider those guys “innovative” offensive minds. And neither is McCarthy, frankly.

The biggest reason people want McCarthy is because they want to believe that he was hugely responsible for Aaron Rodgers’ development. That’s pretty much it.

I’d still like to have him, but Rhule is my #2 guy so I’m not going to burn the Jets for going in that direction.

Now if they turn around and hire someone like Jim Caldwell, then yeah, break out the goddamn pitchforks.

As a fellow fan who also has McCarthy as their #1 and Rhule as their #2 choice, I’m pretty calm right now. I just want to know who it is lol

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Good for you, youve got it all figured out.  Then you had to go over the edge with the " There are a million coaches that have done the same thing in college. " nonsense

No shlt, really, theres a bigger chance of failure than success with a HC hire?  Really?  Wow, do you also see dead people?  We all know this.

And the last line is the best.  One, Woody isnt a part of the hire.  Two, how does hiring Ruhl line his pockets?  LOL, this is the lamest line of thinking ever.  635 mil, on a team, almost 1 bil on his half of the stadium, just under 100 mil for a practice facility, theyre trying to save peanuts in relationship to these costs.

Sorry, you bit it alright

Let's repeat this conversation in 3 years when they make the wrong decision again.

13 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Direct Quote from Matt Rhule we are hiring are hiring our 6th straight defensive head coach!

"We're going to run inside zone, outside zone, power, counter and throw in some RPOs. As a defensive guy, I think that's an illegal thing, but if you can do it, I'm going to do it," Rhule said. "I could run the triple option and those numbers would all still be my things that I want to reach. That sort of formula, however we get to it, we get to it." 

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/243446868/matt-rhule-baylor-bears-changes-offense

If this is true, it is a very scary statement. VERY SCARY.  Ugh!

2 hours ago, Pac said:

I expect mind numbingly stupid takes from 80 but when did you lose 40 IQ points?

Your whacked out theory is that Mac is manipulating CJ to save his job, right?

What hire is more dangerous for him?  A complete wild card with very limited NFL experience or the most qualified HC on the market?

You don't think if the Jets hire Ruhle and fail the next 2 years that Macc will get booted out of here faster than Crusher downs a Double Whopper?

Holy moly with the dumb takes.

I think it's far more likely that Mac loses power and influence the minute McCarthy walks in the door and is one questionable offseason or poor season away from getting the boot.

4 minutes ago, BleedGreen92 said:

Rhule would be a better hire than almost anyone else besides monken. Most of you have no idea what you’re talking about 

mccarthy is the only guy I don’t want he would crash and burn here within two seasons 

This guy right here^ ...

Okay explain to me what makes Rhule an attractive NFL Head Coach without using the words “turned around Baylor”. 

Tell me how he benefits Sam Darnold , his progression or the offense.

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

I think it's far more likely that Mac loses power and influence the minute McCarthy walks in the door and is one questionable offseason or poor season away from getting the boot.

There are numerous articles and video where McCarthy states in no uncertain terms that he does not want personnel power but some of you guys simply refuse to believe it.  You don't think this was covered in the interview?

Rhule would be the far more dangerous hire for Macc because he'd ostensibly be saying it's all on him to make it work.

2 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I hate this

These are two very different things... in one she talks to him and in another she sees him at a stop light, maybe, it could’ve been her dad, or the guy that forced her to do a walk of shame... but pretty sure it was Rhule 

2 hours ago, Pac said:

There are numerous articles and video where McCarthy states in no uncertain terms that he does not want personnel power but some of you guys simply refuse to believe it.  You don't think this was covered in the interview?

Rhule is the far more dangerous hire for Macc because he is ostensibly saying it's all on him to make it work.

Or, he'll say in 2 years when it doesn't work that Rhule was the problem just like Bowles. And Mac is probably confident enough to believe he can single handily right the ship, it's called Dunning Kruger effect

At the end of the day I just don't understand how an organization that is this dysfunctional and under performing wouldn't take the bird in hand as the best bet to stabilize the ship. I can't imagine CJ is pushing for Rhule, he, like me, probably didn't know who Rhule was 2 weeks ago so where's it coming from if not Mac.

It's remarkable how polarized this Jets search has become. McCarthy and Rhule each have passionate supporters and detractors. 

I am fine with either and just hope whoever is hired people get over themselves and supposition over how they got hired and give them a shot. 

Just now, usanyj said:

These are two very different things... in one she talks to him and in another she sees him at a stop light, maybe, it could’ve been her dad, or the guy that forced her to do a walk of shame... but pretty sure it was Rhule 

She makes Incarcerated Bob look like Walter Chronkite.

Earlier people were posting tweets from Napolean Dynamite Jr as if he was some kind of inside source.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

She makes Incarcerated Bob look like Walter Chronkite.

Earlier people were posting tweets from Napolean Dynamite Jr as if he was some kind of inside source.

It’s all great stuff... we have all been attached to this like a novella... one report says he’s in Florham park, meeting with Darnold, who has posted video of him at the beach in California on Instagram, one other report says he was seen at a stop light in Waco. Lol I’m actually beginning to laugh at this at this point. Just resolve it already.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Or, he'll say in 2 years when it doesn't work that Rhule was the problem just like Bowles.

At the end of the day I just don't understand how an organization that is this dysfunctional and under performing wouldn't take the bird in hand as the best bet to stabilize the ship. I can't imagine CJ is pushing for Rhule, he, like me, probably didn't know who Rhule was 2 weeks ago so where's it coming from if not Mac.

IF that happens (which we don't know yet), will likely be because they didn't think MM was a bird in hand. And instead felt like a ton of people here (not me) that he was dated, stubborn and would struggle with adjustments like Bowles (one of the big criticisms of his approach).

I think it's weird because he fits their brief of experience developing QBs (Rodgers, Gannon, Hasselbach). However, if they have come to feel - as many people in the media and twittersphere do - that Rhule is a uniquely gifted leader with special potential, I can live with it. 

Don't think this will be decided on wages or cost or Mac's prospects. 

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

Or, he'll say in 2 years when it doesn't work that Rhule was the problem just like Bowles. And Mac is probably confident enough to believe he can single handily right the ship, it's called Dunning Kruger effect

Yeah the guy who narrowly survived the purge wants to go through this again 2 years from now.

Of Rhule and McCarthy I agree McCarthy is the better option but we don't know what was said in the interviews. 

Did McCarthy say he's not interested in hiring a different OC and wants Lurch Philbin and Macadoo-doo?  Did he say that he refuses to tweak his philosophy on offense to breathe life into it?  We don't know.

Hell in a couple hours McCarthy could be named the HC and this 17 page abomination of a thread will look pretty silly.

2 hours ago, ryu79 said:

IF that happens (which we don't know yet), will likely be because they didn't think MM was a bird in hand. And instead felt like a ton of people here (not me) that he was dated, stubborn and would struggle with adjustments like Bowles (one of the big criticisms of his approach).

I think it's weird because he fits their brief of experience developing QBs (Rodgers, Gannon, Hasselbach). However, if they have come to feel - as many people in the media and twittersphere do - that Rhule is a uniquely gifted leader with special potential, I can live with it. 

Don't think this will be decided on wages or cost or Mac's prospects. 

I just can't see CJ coming to that conclusion and if he did what he would even base that on if not for it emanating from Macs yellow toothed coffee scented belch box.

Nor do I have any confidence in either of these goons making the right choice at all. So if they decide to get creative and make the out of left field pick like Rhule that's about as much of a kiss of death as I can imagine. 

Archived