Allbright: Jets job trending towards Matt Rhule

Patriot Killa

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

my butt buddy... and i'm the one with the problem? I've outlined why and what makes Rhule a good hire and fit for this team. I could maybe labor over some of that again - but why would I? You've been following my posts around, butt fumbling them like you're clint eastwood. 

Yesterday, i accidentally double posted, deleted and left a period - you butt fumbled. And now you want me to give you the time of day? 

*drum roll on your reaction to this post*

This looks like it took a lot of time... of day. :) 

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You have no proof of that, but who cares since we all wanted McCarthy and are really really mad right now. 

Agree. I just fail to see how this guy is a better hire than McCarthy. Rhule has bust written all over him.

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

my butt buddy... and i'm the one with the problem? I've outlined why and what makes Rhule a good hire and fit for this team. I could maybe labor over some of that again - but why would I? You've been following my posts around, butt fumbling them like you're clint eastwood. 

Yesterday, i accidentally double posted, deleted and left a period - you butt fumbled. And now you want me to give you the time of day? 

*drum roll on your reaction to this post*

You’re not even worth it. Enjoy your day, Ruhle. 

46 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Definitely the prototype Jet hire.

Always trying to get cute and virtually always being wrong and this goes on Decade after Decade...things gifted on a silver platter, Marino, Sapp and on and on and on....."Lets get cute".

I’m absolutely sick of it. If something is NOT working, we should try to fix it. However, we’re the Jets and we have to do things our way because we’ve been soooo successful the last couple decades. 

4 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

I'm just hoping it's the media winding up us Jets fans for clicks cause it's so easy right now.

You go with the experience and don't get cute. 

This make picking O'Brien over Marino look like a close call.

I LIKE RHULE!!

He was my third choice --- 1) Shanahan, 2) McCarthy and 3) Rhule.

So again I LIKE RHULE....

He is a very good coach! He has coached both sides of the ball; has a bed rock personality and would be a breath of fresh air....

But if it is the choice between him and a potential HOF HC I will take the HOFer every-time.  Might be wrong but I would bet the odds.

Inexperienced surgeon or novice surgeon, whom do you choose? :) 

28 minutes ago, Icer said:

So you are in favor of hiring an unknown college coach with no serious accolades over a distinguished coach with years of NFL experience? Okay then, sure, whatever floats your boat. 

Takes nothing away from my statement that this encapsulates the way the Jets have run the organization since god knows when. Taking the side road with an unknown coach/coordinator over a proven coach, when the only 'retread' we ever hired was freaking Bill Parcells, and how did that work out?

1. Hes not an unknown, hes turned around 2 programs.

2. Hes been given accolades, wtf are you saying

3. You know what encapsulates fans like you?  You have no idea, no proof, no facts that support the idea that he cans succeed.  Or that someone else can.  But you're predicting fail because its the Jets.  

This is from a day or two ago--

On 1/8/2019 at 3:07 PM, Paradis said:

expect the next bit of news to be that Rhule is flying out to NY for a second/formal meeting w/ regime staff & Darnold.

This is what i was able to siphon out of some people.  This what's been happening all day today. That's what i've been told. 

If it turns out to be BS -- then the whole thing is suddenly a big ruse? I dunno. But i expect the announcement soon. 

16 minutes ago, SMC said:

Interesting take, but if the best selling point for Rhule is his "managerial experience" literally every other candidate who had a HC position could claim the same experience.  Again, this is about setting Rhule apart from others and he lacks any discernible coaching quality that does that.  And onto to that the dearth of quality NFL coaching experience that makes him an extremely risky candidate.

Plus, the managerial duties at the pro level is far more dynamic than in college as the pros deal with professional multi-millionaire athletes and oversee more complex game plans, preparation and schemes than on the college level.  

Indeed. There are certainly differences and it's a more complex position to be sure.  My point was that he has the background to be ready for a promotion to the position. The background is there. 

The coaching stuff, while not dynamic over all, is also there.  Here's something I just pulled up from my secret files. He has quite a bit of coaching experience actually. mostly Collegiate, but its extensive. HC for the last 6 years as well. 

Following the end of his playing career, Rhule was hired as the linebackers coach for Albright College. After one year at Albright, Rhule had stops at Buffalo, UCLA and Western Carolina before being hired at Temple as a defensive line coach in 2006. Rhule would switch to quarterbacks coach in 2007 before being named Temple's offensive coordinator in 2008.[1]

Once again, I'm not saying this is my guy, but I'd be happier with him than KK, Gase, Monken, Biennime. LaFleur or Richard due to his background. It's not as terrible as the boo birds would have us believe. 

This is literally where it says Rhule grew up on his Wikipedia page right now. I don't know how we can't get behind someone who grew up where he did. 

Rhule grew up in Titty City before his family moved to State College, Pennsylvania as a teenager. Rhule played linebacker at State College Area High School before walking on as a linebacker to Penn State. At Penn State, Rhule played four years underneath Joe Paterno and was a three-time Penn State Scholar-Athlete and an Academic All-Big Ten honoree in 1997.[1] While at Penn State, Rhule received his Bachelor's of Arts in Political Science. He also holds a Master's in Educational Psychology from the State University of New York at Buffalo.

Fascinating that they are going to move away from McCarthy. Good for them for going against the grain. Hopefully, it doesn't kick them in the balls.

I've said a couple of times that I think Rhule will be a good head coach in this league. The Jets are being really bold here if this is the move.

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

This is literally where it says Rhule grew up on his Wikipedia page right now. I don't know how we can't get behind someone who grew up where he did. 

Rhule grew up in Titty City before his family moved to State College, Pennsylvania as a teenager. Rhule played linebacker at State College Area High School before walking on as a linebacker to Penn State. At Penn State, Rhule played four years underneath Joe Paterno and was a three-time Penn State Scholar-Athlete and an Academic All-Big Ten honoree in 1997.[1] While at Penn State, Rhule received his Bachelor's of Arts in Political Science. He also holds a Master's in Educational Psychology from the State University of New York at Buffalo.

Was looking for the giants 2012 staff before so I could see what coaches Rhule might go after if the Jets hired him. Saw that same thing and started laughing out loud.  What’s not funny is the names I saw on on the giants staff.  No one of note.

11 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I basically have no opinion. There will be outrage no matter who we hire.

lets just roll with it and see how it goes

This is entirely too mellow for me. I don't really understand. :) 

9 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I LIKE RHULE!!

He was my third choice --- 1) Shanahan, 2) McCarthy and 3) Rhule.

So again I LIKE RHULE....

He is a very good coach! He has coached both sides of the ball; has a bed rock personality and would be a breath of fresh air....

But if it is the choice between him and a potential HOF HC I will take the HOFer every-time.  Might be wrong but I would bet the odds.

Inexperienced surgeon or novice surgeon, whom do you choose? :) 

Agree.  I can see either one as their choice.

But I could also see Gase.  

I have a feeling its Ruhl.  McCarthy dropped his draws and wants the job and it hasnt happened, sounds odd to me. 

1 minute ago, Persiussa said:

Was looking for the giants 2012 staff before so I could see what coaches Rhule might go after if the Jets hired him. Saw that same thing and started laughing out loud.  What’s not funny is the names I saw on on the giants staff.  No one of note.

Hey man, let a joke be a joke   lol 

Rhule's wiki has been under attack this week huh? 

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Fascinating that they are going to move away from McCarthy. Good for them for going against the grain. Hopefully, it doesn't kick them in the balls.

I've said a couple of times that I think Rhule will be a good head coach in this league. The Jets are being really bold here if this is the move.

Would mean Ruhl really impressed them if they walk away from the guy the originally were gung ho over and wanted as their HC.  A SB winner and 9 time division winner.  

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

This is from a day or two ago--

This is what i was able to siphon out of some people.  This what's been happening all day today. That's what i've been told. 

If it turns out to be BS -- then the whole thing is suddenly a big ruse? I dunno. But i expect the announcement soon. 

Except Darnold flew back to California yesterday according to his instagram

Always go BPA.

McCarthy falls right into the Jets lap, just like Darnold.

There’s really only one acceptable outcome here. You run to the podium.

Don’t complicate it. Don’t outsmart yourself. 

Team has hired exclusively first time head coaches since Parcells.

Not one HC hire has had NFL HC experience.  

And now we are going backwards.

Not only a guy that has no NFL HC experience; not only a guy that doesn’t even have Coordinator experience; a guy that coaches college kids at Baylor. In fact his only NFL experience is as ASSISTANT OL Coach for the Giants in like 2012. Not even regular OL coach. Assistant. 

This is not a serious, professional operation.

It’s a joke.

6 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Rhule grew up in Titty City before his family moved

I WISH I could tell people that I grew up in Titty City.

Would be cool, just rolls off the tongue.

Titty City. 

Learned to play ball in Titty Field.

Worked at Titty Bank..

5 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Guys they did it again! First time defensive head coach for the win. Has to be some type of record for sure.

He's coached on O for the past decade.

He's not a first time head coach.

Apart from having all the facts wrong, your post is accurate.

For the Rhule fans out there.....why should he be the next coach? What good qualities does he have that would lead us to believe he can be a great head coach? How confident are you that he can hire a great staff that can most importantly, bring along our future franchise QB?

Honestly don't know much about the guy.....so I have no opinion either way at the moment....if he ends up being our hire

FWIW I would rather take a chance on someone like him then hire Gase

3 minutes ago, Vader said:

Always go BPA.

McCarthy falls right into the Jets lap, just like Darnold.

There’s really only one acceptable outcome here. You run to the podium.

Don’t complicate it. Don’t outsmart yourself. 

Team has hired exclusively first time head coaches since Parcells.

Not one HC hire has had NFL HC experience.  

And now we are going backwards.

Not only a guy that has no NFL HC experience; not only a guy that doesn’t even have Coordinator experience; a guy that coaches college kids at Baylor. In fact his only NFL experience is as ASSISTANT OL Coach for the Giants in like 2012. Not even regular OL coach. Assistant. 

This is not a serious, professional operation.

It’s a joke.

kyle brady 2.0

Archived