Matt Rhule speaks as per Cimini.

joewilly12

2 hours ago, Jetmech said:

I still believe Ruhle was the Jets first choice. Good for him.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

He was as long as they could fill his staff for him.

Which is pathetic. How can you trust the guy enough to give him the job but not trust to him decide on his staff.

I will never believe this was anything other than a Mac power play

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So if doing ok, not great with a bottomfeeder D1 program is the new criteria then let’s hire Greg Schiano

not that you give a crap but here's Matt Rhule's resume 

-Born in NY

-Played LB at Penn State

-Coached at Penn State

-Coached for NYG

then Temple, then Baylor 1 year after the worst sex scandal in Texas football history

also he had 6 years left on a 7 year deal at Baylor which would require the Jets paying out something like 15 mil. 

It doesn't matter cause he's not here but the guy can coach and he was uniquely suited for this market.  

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

everything you are saying about KK also applies to Adam Gase, except KK is new to the league 

Adam Gase is like Rex Ryan after he was fired from here and Buffalo hired him. 

neither guy will be all that involved with their D 

Yes but at the very least Gase has connections to competent NFL defensive coaches....

Who was Rhule gonna bring with him? Timmy from the Video room and Jim up the block who played in HS? Can’t blame the Johnsons for having apprehension there...

Just now, PepPep said:

I feel like obama would be a great coach 

def a players coach, but BO was def more of a basketball guy. too bad the knicks blow, I’ve almost completely forgotten about basketball for a decade.

He was as long as they could fill his staff for him.
Which is pathetic. How can you trust the guy enough to give him the job but not trust to him decide on his staff.
I will never believe this was anything other than a Mac power play
It's possible and typical.

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So if doing ok, not great with a bottomfeeder D1 program is the new criteria then let’s hire Greg Schiano

There are other things which Rhule does which make him attractive beside the w/l record. 

He is a proven leader that has experience on both sides of the ball, has desired team leading organizational skills.

His best asset is to listen to to the players and his bosses that have played for him, and that he has reported to and hear what they have to say about him.

Not everything is in the tangible bucket of W's and L's. But, if you look at where the programs started that he took over, and how quickly the yascended, that should tell you a lot as well.

-Born in NY
-Played LB at Penn State
-Coached at Penn State
-Coached for NYG
then Temple, then Baylor 1 year after the worst sex scandal in Texas football history
also he had 6 years left on a 7 year deal at Baylor which would require the Jets paying out something like 15 mil. 
It doesn't matter cause he's not here but the guy can coach and he was uniquely suited for this market.  
Definitely an intriguing canidate after my other two.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:
lW31qU_D_bigger.jpegRich CiminiVerified account @RichCimini
FollowFollow @RichCimini
More

Rhule speaks. #Jets #Baylor

Dwo93GEWoAY5KKx.jpg
7:25 AM - 11 Jan 2019

Jets: So, we really like your philosophy and plan and believe you could help lead this franchise going forward....who is it you plan on hiring for your staff?

McCarthy: (pulls out a binder filled with resumes and contacts) "I have multiple highly qualified candidates, all of who have extensive NFL experience that I plan to start calling once you hire me and give me veto power over that idiot over there drinking coffee directly from the urn"..

Todd Monken: I know a few guy currently working as position coaches for various NFL teams who would be excellent candidates for Coordinator positions. I would also like to evaluate your holdover personnel from the prior staff. I'm just honestly really glad to be here.

Kliff: Dude, I'm bringin' Chad and Chet, they're my bros from Tech! Chad slays the V, bro! You guys are gonna love him! Yeah, no, seriously bros, who ya got? Defense? What-ever Grandpa, who ever you want, alright, alright, alright!

Matt Rhule: Well, first, I'm truly blessed for the opportunity to be here and serve. Father God has a plan for me and I'd like the New York Jets to join me on that journey. My staff? Well, Pastor Jeff, a wonderful sermonizer, he coaches the rec league team at Baylors School of Theology. He would be a fantastic Defensive Coordinator. He runs a Masada Scheme. Oh, and you Know Kevin Gilbride? Yeah, but not HIM, his son coaches the Tight Ends in Chicago. Experienced? Absolutely! Hes been ball boy for every team his Dad coached for! Oh, I would absolutely let them run their rooms, I'm not really an Xs and Os guy, I'm more of the CEO...I focus more on fellowship and mentoring wayward 20 year olds.

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

There are other things which Rhule does which make him attractive beside the w/l record. 

He is a proven leader that has experience on both sides of the ball, has desired team leading organizational skills.

His best asset is to listen to to the players and his bosses that have played for him, and that he has reported to and hear what they have to say about him.

Not everything is in the tangible bucket of W's and L's. But, if you look at where the programs started that he took over, and how quickly the yascended, that should tell you a lot as well.

Maybe. Guy was a risky hire intended to be Mac's puppet who is a boob.

We dodged a bullet which is why I'm happy with Gase as I really thought Rhule was going to be the guy.

I'd have been open to the concept of him or Klingsbury had we been the Ravens or Steelers with a strong organization and talent pool to support them as they learned on the job. Bringing them to this dumpster fire was a sure fire disaster imo

1 minute ago, CTM said:

We dodged a bullet which is why I'm happy with Gase as I really thought Rhule was going to be the guy.

I'd have been open to the concept of him or Klingsbury had we been the Ravens or Steelers with a strong organization and talent pool to support them as they learned on the job. Bringing them to this dumpster fire was a sure fire disaster imo

Agree. Someone that would have been training on our dime

I guess that's why he isn't their HC because he wasn't going to be Mac's puppet.

20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

-Born in NY

-Played LB at Penn State

-Coached at Penn State

-Coached for NYG

Why would the Jets have to buy out his contract at Baylor?

Buyouts are what the prior employer has to pay out (analogous to guaranteed money in a player's contract); perhaps the full 7 year coaching deal was not fully guaranteed the way NFL coaches' contracts are. Wouldn't be surprising; few NFL contracts are for that long. 

If Rhule has a $15MM buyout that's the amount Baylor has to pay Rhule if they decide to fire him. They buy out the coach to alleviate paying him even more to coach their team.

I've never heard of an NFL team having to buy a college HC out of his college contract. Maybe it's happened from one school to another, plus Tampa paid Oakland cash for Chucky way back then, but an NFL team isn't under the NCAA's jurisdiction, and neither Rhule nor his new employer can be compelled to pay $15MM he and they never made from them (unless Rhule somehow made in excess of $15MM from Baylor in his first season, and he has a contract saying he has to return money they've paid him so far). He didn't make $15MM last year, and there's no way such a clause is in there anyway; no coach's agent would permit it. 

16 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Jets: So, we really like your philosophy and plan and believe you could help lead this franchise going forward....who is it you plan on hiring for your staff?

McCarthy: (pulls out a binder filled with resumes and contacts) "I have multiple highly qualified candidates, all of who have extensive NFL experience that I plan to start calling once you hire me and give me veto power over that idiot over there drinking coffee directly from the urn"..

Todd Monken: I know a few guy currently working as position coaches for various NFL teams who would be excellent candidates for Coordinator positions. I would also like to evaluate your holdover personnel from the prior staff. I'm just honestly really glad to be here.

Kliff: Dude, I'm bringin' Chad and Chet, they're my bros from Tech! Chad slays the V, bro! You guys are gonna love him! Yeah, no, seriously bros, who ya got? Defense? What-ever Grandpa, who ever you want, alright, alright, alright!

Matt Rhule: Well, first, I'm truly blessed for the opportunity to be here and serve. Father God has a plan for me and I'd like the New York Jets to join me on that journey. My staff? Well, Pastor Jeff, a wonderful sermonizer, he coaches the rec league team at Baylors School of Theology. He would be a fantastic Defensive Coordinator. He runs a Masada Scheme. Oh, and you Know Kevin Gilbride? Yeah, but not HIM, his son coaches the Tight Ends in Chicago. Experienced? Absolutely! Hes been ball boy for every team his Dad coached for! Oh, I would absolutely let them run their rooms, I'm not really an Xs and Os guy, I'm more of the CEO...I focus more on fellowship and mentoring wayward 20 year olds.

Lol, post of the year

Ill never understand why you would want to hire a HC if you feel the need to dictate their coordinator. It makes no sense to me. The reason to hire a HC is because you are putting your trust of the entire franchise in their hands. If you don't trust them to pick the right coordinators without your input, you probably shouldn't trust them enough to hire them. In addition, most HC's who accept this are weak, AKA Rex with Schitty.

1 hour ago, MehlFreeman said:

If a team has to choose a head coach's assistants before hiring him, that coach should not be or is not ready to be a head coach of an NFL team.

Everyone in the football universe said - "Matt?... Yes, THAT'S THE GUY you want"

But i guess you got it figured out. 

1 hour ago, JetFreak89 said:

I'd like to also add that just because the Jets wanted input into Rhule's staff doesn't mean they made the same demands to McCarthy or Gase. I'm sure they have more trust in the candidates who have already filled out teams in the NFL than a guy who only spent 1 year in the league or a Kliff Kingsbury type. 

They did actually. They told McCarthy, if he wanted the job, he had to leave McAdoo and Philbin at the altar. 

He said no.

He's unemployed now. 

27 minutes ago, Larz said:

Good 

This is also the 2nd time he has turned down the NFL (colts) he may just be one of the guys that likes to get a raise to stay where he is 

Passing on luck and darnold, lol

He didn't pass, we said -- "hey, can you do here what you've been doing elsewhere.... but we want you do with our way..." 

Uh, no.

24 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Matt Rhule: Well, first, I'm truly blessed for the opportunity to be here and serve. Father God has a plan for me and I'd like the New York Jets to join me on that journey. My staff? Well, Pastor Jeff, a wonderful sermonizer, 

You're an idiot (and probably going to hell)

Just now, Paradis said:

Everyone in the football universe said - "Matt?... Yes, THAT'S THE GUY you want"

But i guess you got it figured out. 

They did actually. They told McCarthy, if he wanted the job, he had to leave McAdoo and Philbin at the altar. 

He said no.

He's unemployed now. 

He didn't pass, we said -- "hey, can you do here what you've been doing elsewhere.... but we want you do with our way..." 

Uh, no.

You're an idiot (and probably going to hell)

I balance it out by saving lives for a living. LOL.

Lighten up, Franciscan.

22 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Gase: "Um, PFFFFFFT. Hmm. Staff. I don't really care, as long as you hire me for this job and never, ever disturb me while I'm talking to the Qb in the QB closet. Which will be all the time.

See, Big Mac, I'll do anything to get this job. Is it cool if I call you Big Mac? No? whatever. Some people call me a psychopath but they are just haters. The truth is I'm just Chaotic Evil. I have the certificate from the Gygax Institute. It's not my fault I was born this way. Yeah, I'm a mess. I'll say or do literally anything if it benefits me in even the smallest of ways. Sometimes it doesn't even need to benefit me at all, i just do it. Like, if it wasn't for these really good meds they gave me after I got fired, I probably would have done something truly awful on the way over here, like punt kick a golden retreiver puppy into a pond.

You get it, right big Mac? Hire whoever you want for DC, literally, I could not Give a screw less.   

What's that? Gregg Williams you say? DUDE! I love that guy! He's such a sick-o. I mean so I've heard, his reputation proceeds him. We've never worked together but it would be an honor. i hope this place is insured for damages. Yeah he's great. Or anyone really. As long as that person doesn't ever open the door to the QB closet. Ever. That's my one stipulation."

50 minutes ago, bitonti said:

-Born in NY

-Played LB at Penn State

-Coached at Penn State

-Coached for NYG

Ahhhh! Now the picture is becoming clearer. Correct me if I’m wrong but you’re Penn St alumni, right? I was baffled as to why you’ve be done adamant about the Jets hiring Rhule. He’s also kinda shaped like a bowling ball as well..

10 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Ill never understand why you would want to hire a HC if you feel the need to dictate their coordinator. It makes no sense to me 

the reason why this explanation fails the bullcrap detector is because it's bullcrap 

the Jets made it about the staff it was about a buyout from Baylor that would never happen 

Time to turn the page on this topic.

My gut tells me we'll be talking about his name the way Pete C's gets floated around in the - "what if--" capacity... but it is what it is, and it's time to get behind Gase and hope it works out. There's kindling there for a good show on offense, i'm gonna pray to Jet__Engine1's version of god that it works out that way. 

Just now, Saul Goodman said:

Ahhhh! Now the picture is becoming clearer. You’re Penn St alumni, right? I was baffled as to why you’ve be done adamant about the Jets hiring Rhule. He’s also kinda shaped like a bowling ball as well..

dude I did not go to Penn State. Cmon man. 

However it is a fact anyone who is recruited to play LB at Penn State and then wins one of those jobs is a tough SOB. it's pretty much all they do in Happy Valley besides touch little boys.

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Gase: "Um, PFFFFFFT. Hmm. Staff. I don't really care, as long as you hire me for this job and never, ever disturb me while I'm talking to the Qb in the QB closet. Which will be all the time.

See, Big Mac, I'll do anything to get this job. Is it cool if I call you Big Mac? No? whatever. Some people call me a psychopath but they are just haters. The truth is I'm just Chaotic Evil. I have the certificate from the Gygax Institute. It's not my fault I was born this way. Yeah, I'm a mess. I'll say or do literally anything if it benefits me in even the smallest of ways. Sometimes it doesn't even need to benefit me at all, i just do it. Like, if it wasn't for these really good meds they gave me after I got fired, I probably would have done something truly awful on the way over here, like punt kick a golden retreiver puppy into a pond.

You get it, right big Mac? Hire whoever you want for DC, literally, I could not Give a screw less.   

What's that? Gregg Williams you say? DUDE! I love that guy! He's such a sick-o. I mean so I've heard, his reputation proceeds him. We've never worked together but it would be an honor. i hope this place is insured for damages. Yeah he's great. Or anyone really. As long as that person doesn't ever open the door to the QB closet. Ever. That's my one stipulation."

Chaotic-Evil....

LOL....SOMEBODY was a real hit with the ladies back in College.

Nah, solid, funny post..evil psychopath. Sounds like someone we know....

20190111_124438.thumb.jpg.9799e9008608b5b3dcd96b6d034bb62d.jpg

Archived