Way too early KIPER MOCK 1.0

prime21

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Maxman said:

It isn't ideal and I still say people will want to trade up for a QB.  It happens every year.

If the draft went this way they better have already added Bell and OLine help through free agency and a wide receiver.

Then Rounds 3 - forever = more oline picks.

That's only our only hope, in avoiding another DLine pick.

I'm not confident though...

• NYG - forget trading up. Not after passing on Darnold last year, and not with NYJ
  • JAX & MIA -- Neither franchise is going to mortgage their 1sts in 2020/2021 for Haskins/Murray. Not with Tua & Lawrence around the corner... they sooner sign a Flacco type band-aide and see who falls to them. 

It's not looking good boys. Maybe a small "hop up" for Q Williams. 

It isn't ideal and I still say people will want to trade up for a QB.  It happens every year.

If the draft went this way they better have already added Bell and OLine help through free agency and a wide receiver.

Gets more pronounced every year that teams move up to take a QB. Haskins and Murray are going top 7, and would be bigly shocked if 2 or even 3 other QBs get taken in the first round. 

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

Avery Williamson is an awesome player.  I'm perfectly fine with him holding it down.

Greedy Williams is going to be a lockdown corner in the league.  His value is infinitely more than White tackling people. 

Won't pretend I have any great insight, but there is no such thing under the NFL PI rules as a "lockdown corner". Doesn't exist. The corner you get in the 3rd or 4th isn't that much of a step down. 

Trade down to the Redskins, because they're going to draft a QB in the first.  They cannot afford a FA QB, and Smith will not be back anytime soon, if ever potentially.

Word down here is a possible draft, and they know the Giants at #6 want a QB this time, especially after passing on Darnold.

The #3 pick IS tradeable, and we need moar picks.  If O-line is too high at #3 (and I don't agree it is tbqh) then trade down, get a 2nd and/or multiple mid-rounders, and draft O-line or a WR later in the first.

Just now, Warfish said:

Trade down to the Redskins, because they're going to draft a QB in the first.  They cannot afford a FA QB, and Smith will not be back anytime soon, if ever potentially.

Word down here is a possible draft, and they know the Giants at #6 want a QB this time, especially after passing on Darnold.

Put on your GM cap, not your fan cap -- and you'll see why neither of these will happen. 

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

The #3 pick IS tradeable, and we need moar picks.  If O-line is too high at #3 (and I don't agree it is tbqh) then trade down, get a 2nd and/or multiple mid-rounders, and draft O-line or a WR later in the first.

I hope that is what happens, that would be great.

I just hope it’s with us they want to trade, and not above us.  That’s the ideal use of this pick.

Please NO on Bell.

41 minutes ago, JiF said:

Avery Williamson is an awesome player.  I'm perfectly fine with him holding it down.

Greedy Williams is going to be a lockdown corner in the league.  His value is infinitely more than White tackling people. 

Williamson is 27 he has about 2 more years before he's done if we are being honest 

I can see Williams being more positionally valuable just saying White is a better player. 

depending on how he tests, taking an ILB at 3 isn't that much crazier than taking Saquon at 2 

i know it probably won't happen. but i think both of our points is if they are going to reach, it should be for someone legit 

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

3 isn’t too high for OLine, IMO.  But 3 may be too high for this player.  

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If O-line is too high at #3 (and I don't agree it is tbqh

this seems contrarian just for the sake of being contrarian. 

picking OLine at 3 is too high in this class 

unless some guy comes out of nowhere and tests like a maniac 

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

This is like the twilight zone. 

Jets supposedly draft best available player and....it’s....wait for it.... an Interior lineman. 

My heart would sink if this happens. Just roll with Leo and the 3-tech his most natural position. 

Aaron Donald is awesome but the reason why Donald had such a great year is because they couldn't double him and Suh

Leo got a million double teams this year. whether they draft edge or interior, teams won't be able to double everyone 

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

The fate of the Jets offensive line does not live or die based on the 3rd pick of the draft.  Lots of ways to improve the O-line without taking one at 3.  

there's actually a bumper crop of interior linemen right around their 3rd round picks 

center and guard types maybe even a few developmental tackles

the Jets will go BPA at 3 (probably a pass rusher of some kind) and then load up on the line in rd 3 (just my prediction) 

I cannot get behind taking a CB at 3 any more than I can taking a dlineman.

Revis, claiborne, tru johsnon, burris, robinson, jones, clark, skrine, roberts, Nickerson

It has to stop. 

There are only 3 results I'll be happy  with.]

Edge rusher

Olineman - even if a bit of a reach

Trade down (my #1 choice)

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Edge rusher

there's only 1 result that matters

drafting a instant impact player, regardless of position

a guy who will start right away, make plays for a decade and maybe when it's all said and done has a chance at Canton 

if they go for need and those guys are terrible it's Vernon Gholston all over again.  

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

there's actually a bumper crop of interior linemen right around their 3rd round picks 

center and guard types maybe even a few developmental tackles

the Jets will go BPA at 3 (probably a pass rusher of some kind) and then load up on the line in rd 3 (just my prediction) 

I agree.  Guys that can come in and compete right away.  Left tackles need to be developed like QBs today, very few come right out and are plug and play anymore.  These spread offenses do not lend themselves to producing NFL ready LTs.  That’s why these guys coming from Bama, Wisconsin, Iowa get a ton of attention, they seem more pro ready.  

Just now, bitonti said:

there's only 1 result that matters

drafting a instant impact player, regardless of position

a guy who will start right away, make plays for a decade and maybe when it's all said and done has a chance at Canton 

if they go for need and those guys are terrible it's Vernon Gholston all over again.  

Like leo williams who we are trying to get rid of or Jamal adams or darron lee who do not make you win football games.

50 minutes ago, Paradis said:

If Ole Miss WR DK Metcalf checks out medically, and lights up combine & workouts...

There's your darkhorse @3 people..  (but for the record, Greedy got the best of DK... but we need DK more than we need Greedy)

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Metcalf will have to be a leap of faith based on the limited tape on him, but one worth taking IMO.   Provided that, like you said, he checks out medically and checks all the metric boxes.   Maccagnan is too much of a little b**ch to make this kind of pick however.  We are just torturing ourselves entertaining this scenario.   

17 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I cannot get behind taking a CB at 3 any more than I can taking a dlineman.

Revis, claiborne, tru johsnon, burris, robinson, jones, clark, skrine, roberts, Nickerson

It has to stop. 

Edge rusher

The reason I would support an edge rusher at 3 is because a decent pass rush will make the existing CBs on our roster better in and of itself;  otherwise it’s OL or stud WR please. 

45 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Williamson is 27 he has about 2 more years before he's done if we are being honest 

I can see Williams being more positionally valuable just saying White is a better player. 

depending on how he tests, taking an ILB at 3 isn't that much crazier than taking Saquon at 2 

i know it probably won't happen. but i think both of our points is if they are going to reach, it should be for someone legit 

Done at 29.  Lol

yeah, prob all moot but I see your point just disagree 

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

If we think Quinnen or Oliver could be another Donald or Watt, then you can take him there.

Another Leo-not so much.  

I agree on the impact player point-we need a guaranteed one.  

For a 4-3 defense, the Jets have ZERO ends. 

Well I’m sure they thought Leo wasn’t going to be Leo when they drafted him.  

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Like leo williams who we are trying to get rid of or Jamal adams or darron lee who do not make you win football games.

the Jets were up on the Green Bay Packers 35-20 when Leonard Williams got ejected

they might not win you football games like a Darnold does but not having them can lose plenty of games 

Archived