Trade Candidates

WayneChrebet80

9 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Hopefully they can persuaded into the NY life!

The Bengals would be a candidate to trade down with. I don't think their happy with Dalton, Bengals get our 3rd overall. We get their pick and A.J. Green.

Just now, genot said:

The Bengals would be a candidate to trade down with. I don't think their happy with Dalton, Bengals get our 3rd overall. We get their pick and A.J. Green.

I don't think that's enough for #3 man they'd need to add a lot more but I think we can both agree Aj on this team would be fun as hell to watch

1 minute ago, genot said:

That'd sure be nice. Houston would have to be a Jet for me to even consider this though.

43 minutes ago, Reprisalizer said:

Some of you guys are funny. Tampa and Arians are not trading Mike Evans, Period. 

Denver and Elway are not trading Von Miller, Period. 

AJ Green is an interesting trade prospect but I honestly don’t want players over 30 unless it’s a dire need (center this year maybe). Let our young guys (Quincy and Robbie and Crowder) step up. I agree I ideally want a #1 WR but maybe we have to wait a year for that guy. I want someone who is under 27,  not going on 31-32. 

Rodney Hudson is also interesting. While I like him and his age, you going to have to pay that man his money - top paid center in the league. We can afford it but long term, once again the jets highest paid players will be a center, a mlb, and a safety soon. With no long term left tackle signed, no #1 WR, no #1 corner, and as of now no elite pass rusher (maybe we draft one). Not the team I want to build. 

AJ Bouye - I agree he would be a good target but also assume Jags are in their window and are not sellers. 

Everyone is tradable in this league. It's just a matter of how bad do you want something. If jets want Mike Evans they can get mike Evans. It's just how much would they be willing to give up

Another awesome hypothetical unlikely trade lol

Jets send: #3, 3rd rounder, Robbie Anderson and Lee for Mike Evans and #5

Jets send: #5 to Denver for Von Miller and #10 (Allows Den to jump NYG for a QB)  

Jets draft Ed Oliver/Jonah Williams/Greedy Williams at #10 

Sign Darby and Callahan

2 hours ago, TheGoose said:

Rodney Hudson was PFF #4 rated Center. He’s young and has experience playing beside KO. He has one final year on his deal and the Raiders/Jets “could still be in talks”. 

Could another pick swap be in the works? Maybe w a Darron Lee kicker. 

No Rodney Hudson is the leader of the Raiders offense line, can play in any blocker scheme- but is great fit in  the zone blocking scheme , and the Raiders don't even have a backup at this point to play center. Raiders will be giving him an extension at some point.

You are going to have to find another center option , or hope one is still available with one of your third round draft choices.

2 hours ago, Stark said:

Im not disagreeing with you here. I was saying trade Lee for Green. There are really only 3 other WR's I would want...

Hopkins, Julio, and Evans. We are on the same page

If we're Madden-shopping, you should add Michael Thomas to that list.  And Thielen, Tyreek Hill, oh and while we're filling up the cart, Juju.  I would take any of those guys over Green all else being equal.

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Everyone is tradable in this league. It's just a matter of how bad do you want something. If jets want Mike Evans they can get mike Evans. It's just how much would they be willing to give up

Not really.  Although the Mack trade certainly changed my perception, I would still count young FQBs that the fan base loves and with no injury issues:

Mahomes, Mayfield, Darnold. 

Absolutely untradeable.

Maybe, on a non-Gruden team, you could add a few other stars on teams that are good and not rebuilding like Aaron Donald but that's where I'm not as certain as I used to be.

32 minutes ago, nycdan said:

If we're Madden-shopping, you should add Michael Thomas to that list.  And Thielen, Tyreek Hill, oh and while we're filling up the cart, Juju.  I would take any of those guys over Green all else being equal.

that comment was tied to a few back and forths. The original poster had said send. Lee, Leo and other compensation to TB for Evans. While I agree with acquiring a Top WR I said those 3 were the only ones I would want to trade for, based on what we'd have to send in compensation, not that I thought the other team would listen. Not playing madden. 

The Jets may not want to work with the Vikings, but Trae Waynes was reportedly on the trade block.  
26 years old, former 1st round pick, one of the top run defending cornerbacks.
PFF grades: 68.9 (2015), 63.4 (2016), 66 (2017), 69.1 (2018)
He is set to make $9 this year (5th year option from rookie contract)   
Vikings have a few cornerbacks (Mike Hughes and Alex Mackenzie) waiting to get playing time as both were high picks.

4 hours ago, New York Mick said:

That’s what people don’t get. Let get rid of a solid player that isn’t playing as good as his draft spot and create another hole. And he might be good in the new defense. 

The question is if you're keeping Leo this year are you extending him after the season? If not then get some value for him while you can. He's going to want $14 million per year, Sheldon Richardson just got $12 million per. I for one am not paying that much for a 3-4 DE not named JJ Watt. And if he happens to have a 10 sack year you're looking at $15-$16 million per year. So if they don't re-sign him then you're looking at a 2021 3rd round pick in return.

There are plenty of guys still on the market who are dominant run stoppers that can fill in for Leo at a way cheaper rate. Christian Covington and Darius Philon to name a couple. They'll probably garner $6-$8 million per year. People are overrating Leo so much based on his draft slot and not on his actual production.

16 hours ago, section314 said:

Correct, replace the horrible Claiborne with somebody worse.?

Which is why we need to trade back and take. .....Greedy Williams! Would be an instant starter and is considered a shut down corner. Browns and Raiders are going to throw the ball around like the old AFL. We need a really good CB. 

15 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't think he has had two bad years in a row.  PFF had him at 14th in 2017.  He is tough to gauge because I think they just stuck him on the left and teams just threw against Nelson and whoever else.  He did still get targeted a bunch, especially early on in his career.  He gave up a bunch of yards and TDs, but had a ton of picks.  He finished last year pretty strong after a very slow start. 

Marcus-Peters-LAR_Coverage-Stats-by-Week

A JN poster making a snap assessment based on a half understanding of the facts? This is a shocking day for me.

8 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Which is why we need to trade back and take. .....Greedy Williams! Would be an instant starter and is considered a shut down corner. Browns and Raiders are going to throw the ball around like the old AFL. We need a really good CB. 

That opinion is not exactly unanimous.

He ran really well at the combine and then walked off with "cramps."  It will be interesting what he does in the jumps and agility drills at his pro day.  He is generally rated as long and weak, but his arm length seems pedestrian in the combine measurement.  There has been some talk about the Jets being obsessed with length (the Pepper Johnson draft article) but they took Nickerson last year and Donahue in 2017 and their arms were teeny tiny.   

Williams enters the pros with some limitations. He lacks instincts and awareness while not playing up to his timed speed. That was evident against Georgia and Alabama  last year. He does not play well or have good feel in off-man coverage. He also is not a great fit as a zone corner. Thus, Williams is more of a second-round talent.   In speaking to team sources, numerous teams graded Williams in the second round of the 2019 NFL Draft. However, teams don't have 32 first-round graded players, so some second-round talents will get selected on the opening night of the draft. Williams is a favorite to be one of those players because he plays a premium position and has tools to work with. One general manager told WalterFootball.com that Williams is one of the most overrated players in the 2019 NFL Draft.  

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2019GWilliams.php#ixzz5i9K1G3Ge  

NFL Network draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah said prior to the combine that scouting opinions on Williams were split regarding his on-field play, with some teams rating him the best cornerback in the draft, while others "have him buried" in part because of his struggles to defend the run.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

That opinion is not exactly unanimous.

He ran really well at the combine and then walked off with "cramps."  It will be interesting what he does in the jumps and agility drills at his pro day.  He is generally rated as long and weak, but his arm length seems pedestrian in the combine measurement.  There has been some talk about the Jets being obsessed with length (the Pepper Johnson draft article) but they took Nickerson last year and Donahue in 2017 and their arms were teeny tiny.   

Williams enters the pros with some limitations. He lacks instincts and awareness while not playing up to his timed speed. That was evident against Georgia and Alabama  last year. He does not play well or have good feel in off-man coverage. He also is not a great fit as a zone corner. Thus, Williams is more of a second-round talent.   In speaking to team sources, numerous teams graded Williams in the second round of the 2019 NFL Draft. However, teams don't have 32 first-round graded players, so some second-round talents will get selected on the opening night of the draft. Williams is a favorite to be one of those players because he plays a premium position and has tools to work with. One general manager told WalterFootball.com that Williams is one of the most overrated players in the 2019 NFL Draft.  

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2019GWilliams.php#ixzz5i9K1G3Ge  

NFL Network draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah said prior to the combine that scouting opinions on Williams were split regarding his on-field play, with some teams rating him the best cornerback in the draft, while others "have him buried" in part because of his struggles to defend the run.

Good input. He’d be an option if we can trade back imo since we’ll be needing a cb. And what player doesn’t have limitations. Tony Curtis said Marilyn Monroe was a lousy  kisser. Go figure.

Archived