Gase Press Conference Tweets

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

No Jets fan can defend that snake. He’s crossed the line in a big way and is now causing more disruption with his unprofessional articles than any so-called ‘dysfunction’ within the building ever would. 

It’s disgusting. I feel like writing Coach Gase on behalf of all Jets fans and apologizing for the way he is being assassinated by the Daily News.

Where are those billboard and airplane banner guys?  I want to put one up by Manish’s home and circle a plane around the Daily News office.

SAR I

The Daily News is birdcage linoleum

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I was about to agree.....but I realized, it's not true.

Because Jets Fans care far too much about two things:   The NY Sports Media and the Giants.

So even if we win, I can see this place just being full of drama about what Francessa said, or what Mehta said, or the rest.

Frankly, the pom pom waving for Gase in this thread is utterly hilarious to me, you'd think reading some folks posts that we just won a playoff game or something, lol. 

But such is life round here.

Problem is the pom pom waning for Gase was for the way he handles the media, the questions and put down the gossip. 

Nothing hilarious, especially by those of us who liked him from day one as a HC option. 

Also there's a huge difference between what Jets fans think compared to what fans who regularly dissect every aspect and minutia of the to San in a message board.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

Why don't you tell us the real truth, you seem to know all the answers.

giphy.gif

He believes the whispers in the press and wherever over the answers to direct questions

Real question is then why even listen to the presser if you won't believe what you hear

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

No Jets fan can defend that snake. He’s crossed the line in a big way and is now causing more disruption with his unprofessional articles than any so-called ‘dysfunction’ within the building ever would. 

It’s disgusting. I feel like writing Coach Gase on behalf of all Jets fans and apologizing for the way he is being assassinated by the Daily News.

Where are those billboard and airplane banner guys?  I want to put one up by Manish’s home and circle a plane around the Daily News office.

SAR I

When Gase and the next GM move forward with this program and are successful, most of these POS reporters will be begging for the exclusive inside role. I hope guys like Manish get shown the door because if this team wins and starts to win consistently they don't have to answer to anyone and not one fan or one person in that building will give a flying **** what the media thinks at that stage. 

The Media constantly focusing on the negative is getting old, sure it's their job, but when someone answers a question for the 15th time and keeps getting asked the same damn thing over and over that same media begins to lose credibility because it becomes transparent they are only after one thing. The fact they didn't ask one single question about the OTA they were about to report on says it all.

• Post of the Week 2

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

C'mon man. These are the EXACT questions we've been asking ourselves. If the reporters didn't ask them, we'd be killing them for being lazy bitches sitting on couches eating Cheetos.

Like it or not, the Macc firing was a big local news story, and the GM search, Bell's contract situation, and organizational hierarchy going forward are subjects Gase should address. He's the HC and now interim GM here, and his tenure so far hasn't been uneventful. If you prefer him not having to explain anything that's gone on the last few weeks, I don't know what to tell you.

That said, I'll give Gase credit for as he said "taking the bullets." A day like today, and these type of pressers will go a long way in determining what type of relationship he has with the media going forward.

I would rather have heard about the team.  I am GLAD Macc is gone.  I have almost forgotten him

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Problem is the pom pom waning for Gase was for the way he handles the media, the questions and put down the gossip. 

Nothing hilarious, especially by those of us who liked him from day one as a HC option. 

Also there's a huge difference between what Jets fans think compared to what fans who regularly dissect every aspect and minutia of the to San in a message board.

When Gase came in here I was a little surprised, I was also not happy with the decision but in all fairness I decided to give the guy a chance since I really did not know much about him nor did I really care, and so far I'm beginning to like the guy. I had the same feelings about Bowles when he came in here but his utterly terrible coaching and lack of any intensity at all just totally turned me off. Gase is the exact opposite of Bowles and I think he came along at the right time for what this organization needs in a HC.

Gase reminds me of a guy that will be in the building at 3am all week making sure his up coming game plan is the best it could be, he's that intense and I never got that feeling from Rex or Bowles. The guys that pour their heart and soul into this sport always come out on top that goes for every level of an organization and if you step back and take a look those are the guys that always win. You heard it about Peyton Manning, You heard that about Jerry Rice and you hear that about Bill Belichick just to name a few examples. 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Look, I get it. Maneesh is a worm. We all know that. I have to be honest, when I listened to the PC, I had a hard time hearing the questions that were asked. Heard some, and all Gase's answers.

When a reporter takes the tact you quoted above, the smart thing to do is to not take the bait. Stay calm, and let him be the one who comes off as the jerk. It's like real life. The guy who loses his cool always looks like the child in any argument, even when he's on the right side.

Like I said earlier, I thought Gase did a very good job (and I'm not a fan of his yet) in what everyone knew was going to be a testy PC. I just wish he would've "stuck his landing" and ended it not walking out the way he did. But you know what? I'm no smarter then you, and if you thought it was no big deal, your take is as good as mine, my friend.

I dont answer yes or no questions, why should Gase?

My brother is a die hard Dolphins Fan.  While I enjoy the rivalry, I could care less about things he might mock the Jets for.....unles sthey are things I should care about independently.

I care if the thing is worth caring about.  If it's fluff, who cares if a family member talks trash about it, thats just silly. 

i.e. if you think there is no there with Gase and Macc, then why would a family member mentioning it make it into a thing for you?  Laugh at them, don;t let it get under your skin.

It shouldn't make a thing that isn't a thing into a thing.

I once threatened to choke the $hit out of a pats fan friend of mine who thought it funny to keep poking fun during a jets game that was going very poorly. the Kotite era I believe.

Some of my other friends came to his defense and I ended up rolling around the house with all three of them. It was minimal but there was blood that day.

That guy hasn’t spoken to me since and I haven’t dealt with his idea of “funny” again.

Now I’m an older man who hasn’t thrown my hands in almost two decades. I don’t condone nor would I promote such actions again..... but my point is I can understand @Legend Killa7

I

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Great. So what did we learn from all these great questions? What do we know now about Darnold's development? Herndon's development? The type of offense the Jets will run? The type of defense Williams will use now that they Quinnen and Leonard? 

Does it really matter if Gase LOVES Bell or just really likes Bell? How about ask if Gase plans on using Bell as the every down back to get a real gauge on his feelings on Bell?

The media didn't do their job today unless their job was to appeal to the soap opera loving fringe Jets fans. 

great post JoJo

2 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Gase said they're working on putting the job description together, and that it will be a bit outside the norm of a normal GM job description.

So basically CJ fired our GM without a clear idea of the job description.  And it appears as if it will be a non standard type of role.

WTF are these guys doing?  This is not that freakin hard.

This is another big red flag.  

Fire the guy, comply with Rooney Rule, hire your guy (that you already had teed up).

Not fire the guy...then start to figure it out.

As for Gase - seems like a prick.  Hope it works.

no actually, the media are the pricks.  Are you member?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

When Gase came in here I was a little surprised, I was also not happy with the decision but in all fairness I decided to give the guy a chance since I really did not know much about him nor did I really care, and so far I'm beginning to like the guy. I had the same feelings about Bowles when he came in here but his utterly terrible coaching and lack of any intensity at all just totally turned me off. Gase is the exact opposite of Bowles and I think he came along at the right time for what this organization needs in a HC.

Gase reminds me of a guy that will be in the building at 3am all week making sure his up coming game plan is the best it could be, he's that intense and I never got that feeling from Rex or Bowles. The guys that pour their heart and soul into this sport always come out on top that goes for every level of an organization and if you step back and take a look those are the guys that always win. You heard it about Peyton Manning, You heard that about Jerry Rice and you hear that about Bill Belichick just to name a few examples. 

I thought he was pretty clear in his message too.

He's here to coach.  He has a one track mind.  It's he's here to win, win and winning takes care of all of this periferal nonsense.

And more to the point, winning will make all of this very forgettable 

• Upvote 3

How could you not love Parcells, he tells the media nothing?

How could you not love Edwards, his BBQ is the best and the media love him!?

How could you not love Mangini, he's just like Bellichek and pisses off the media!?

How could you not love Rex Ryan, get us a snack and entertains the media!?

How could you not love Bowles, he's silent like Bellichek....!?

Yeah but, Gasey is so dreamy with those eyes, this is a special kind of love.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

When Gase and the next GM move forward with this program and are successful, most of these POS reporters will be begging for the exclusive inside role. I hope guys like Manish get shown the door because if this team wins and starts to win consistently they don't have to answer to anyone and not one fan or one person in that building will give a flying **** what the media thinks at that stage. 

The Media constantly focusing on the negative is getting old, sure it's their job, but when someone answers a question for the 15th time and keeps getting asked the same damn thing over and over that same media begins to lose credibility because it becomes transparent they are only after one thing. The fact they didn't ask one single question about the OTA they were about to report on says it all.

Gase showed great discipline in his answers.  I'm impressed.

SAR I

Presser was good still don't like gase as a coach and leader but He answered questions correctly in my opinion. He came off as kind of an a-hole though anyone else get that vibe?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

It would be hard or to see it that way imo. I don’t think there is too much debate on whether or not he’s an AHole. I think it’s just a matter of deciding if you dig that or not.
I don’t really like most things about him as of yet. I like some things. If he ends up being successful I will care a lot less about his personality. If the team buys into the idea of believing in what he says we will all be happier about having a certified dick head as a HC.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He believes the whispers in the press and wherever over the answers to direct questions

Real question is then why even listen to the presser if you won't believe what you hear

Remember when you listened to the last presser and got pissed at anyone who suggested Maccagnan was still getting fired that was last week

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Remember when you listened to the last presser and got pissed at anyone who suggested Maccagnan was still getting fired that was last week

Remembers this morning, way back a few hours and he said it all wanst true?  That he didnt ask anyone to fire Macc?  Only found out about it after the fact?  Cool, I dont hang my hat on what some trolls have insinuated.  Not one report has a stitch of fact attached to it.  Amnesia? 

I know, you got your butt hurt today when your doom and gloom, the Jets suck, the owner sucks, the GM did and will suck, the HC sucks agenda really got smashed. 

We all have made mistakes.  Imagine?  WTF does that have to do with today?  Yeah, nothing.

31 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I know, you got your butt hurt today when your doom and gloom, the Jets suck, the owner sucks, the GM did and will suck, the HC sucks agenda really got smashed. 

Did this happen on the dark web and I just haven’t seen it yet

• Haha 1

The only thing that I know about this presser that I know is true.  The last statement Gase said before his drop the mike, walk off, moment.

"I think the fans only care if we win.  Nobody is going to care about this if we win.  That's all I'm paid to do."  To paraphrase  

• Upvote 1

Does it make any difference if he did?  Would anyone fault him?  

Nope.  Which is why when he said he found out when he was told it makes sense. Because nobody would fault him if he was totally responsible ?

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

List the instances where he actually led an insurrection against his former team.  You know other than making it up as we go along.

He wanted to be paid what he felt he was worth.  His right.  He believed, we all did, Pitt would use him until he dropped without an eye on effect on the rest of his career given they werent going to resign him.  He decided to lose a years pay to go somewhere that would be better for his health and longevity. 

Again, his right.

There are CBA rules that help the owners, there are CBA rules that players can use to save their careers, to help them.  He didnt do anything wrong, wasnt chirping about players, coaches, the Steelers.  That was AB, Big Ben and others. 

He did what was allowed to do under his rights as per the CBA.  Just as the Steelers did by repeatedly tagging him.  

THANK YOU..................

WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) 

• Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, Matt39 said:

They're trash because they held the pom poms for Bowles/Mccagnan for 4 years and now all of a sudden are asking real questions. Today's press conference was actually good with actual takeaways.

Disagree they are not asking real questions they are TMZ. Wish we had real questions

The press here is horrible.  They are dying for a controversy.  They are craving a soap opera.  If there isn't dysfunction then they'll try to create it.

How many times did they ask Gase about "reports" that he didn't want Le’Veon Bell here or that he back-stabbed Maccagnan or that he didn't want to pay so much for CJ Mosely?   Where the hell were the questions about how the QB looks, how things are going with the pieces on defense, how are the rookies acclimating???  For crying out loud they didn't even ask about the Center....and that was like the media's favorite position to harp on when Maccagnan was here.

If I was Gase I would have just stood up there and said, "Listen, you guys talk about all these so-called reports of problems or players I don't like or whatever well I'm here now.  I'm standing in front of you.  I'm your source for information so ask away.  And, I apologize in advance if the answers don't help you light off fireworks of controversy on Twitter or in your newspapers or whatever.  But when you next talk about these 'reports' of things going on you can just base them on what I tell you today because it will be the truth."

29 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The press here is horrible.  They are dying for a controversy.  They are craving a soap opera.  If there isn't dysfunction then they'll try to create it.

How many times did they ask Gase about "reports" that he didn't want Le’Veon Bell here or that he back-stabbed Maccagnan or that he didn't want to pay so much for CJ Mosely?   Where the hell were the questions about how the QB looks, how things are going with the pieces on defense, how are the rookies acclimating???  For crying out loud they didn't even ask about the Center....and that was like the media's favorite position to harp on when Maccagnan was here.

If I was Gase I would have just stood up there and said, "Listen, you guys talk about all these so-called reports of problems or players I don't like or whatever well I'm here now.  I'm standing in front of you.  I'm your source for information so ask away.  And, I apologize in advance if the answers don't help you light off fireworks of controversy on Twitter or in your newspapers or whatever.  But when you next talk about these 'reports' of things going on you can just base them on what I tell you today because it will be the truth."

Agreed. One thing that stuck out to me ( If this was already mentioned earlier then my bad) was about the scout and how it was a consensus that the scout be fired. It makes me think the speculations about the leaks are true.