and you guys think Cimini has credibility...

2 hours ago, k-met57 said:

he just asked Gase if Leveon is in florida training due to no state income tax...Gase looked shocked at the question.

not sure what Cimini expected as an answer.

It's an odd question but I am actually interested if there are any tax implications. I know professional athletes are taxed based on where they played their games for the season (so they pay taxes in multiple states). I don't know if they get so granular as to consider where they train in the off season. It was a long time ago I read about this.

that is the second stupidest question I have heard for a sports writer who does not understand how these players get paid is not excusable. If this is not a mandatory OTA and no pay should be attached  unless there is a bonus attache to OTAs.

If he was in Jersey, Jersey state taxes would apply. It is where you get paid. I have to fill out forms when I travel for work so they know what taxes to pay per state.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

When they do aptitude tests for kids and find if they have a proficiency in mathematics, science or really any other skill, rarely do they recommend the child pursue a career in sports writing. 

They only recommend sports writing for those that come back with no proficiency in mathematics, science, or really any other skill

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, k-met57 said:

he just asked Gase if Leveon is in florida training due to no state income tax...Gase looked shocked at the question.

not sure what Cimini expected as an answer.

lol

Did he really ask that question?

Next he should ask, "I heard Le'Veon Bell is ordering a large pizza overnight.  Does that concern you or is it okay because he has it cut into 8 slices instead of 12 so he's not really eating that much?"

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, JetPotato said:

When they do aptitude tests for kids and find if they have a proficiency in mathematics, science or really any other skill, rarely do they recommend the child pursue a career in sports writing. 

Being a sh-tty beat writer for the jets requires a 500 on the SAT

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

More publicity for our beat writers.  Cimini thanks you for the free advertising.

Now if you would just open a manish thread and a francessa one as well, we can keep them in the news.

Message boards =/= the news.

10 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's an odd question but I am actually interested if there are any tax implications. I know professional athletes are taxed based on where they played their games for the season (so they pay taxes in multiple states). I don't know if they get so granular as to consider where they train in the off season. It was a long time ago I read about this.

Think if you live more than half the year in florida, you're a florida resident and wont have to pay state income taxes 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Think if you live more than half the year in florida, you're a florida resident and wont have to pay state income taxes 

It doesn't work that way in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That I KNOW is true. Don't really know why it would be different for an NFL player.

20 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Agree. Dumb question for a coach, but interesting nonetheless.

I don't get why NFL players are taxed per state they play in (if that is the case). Many people travel to other states for corporate jobs and may be there for a day or 2 (or 3) a week and they are not  taxed that way. They are taxed based on their home state/base state for their position.

46 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I don't get why NFL players are taxed per state they play in (if that is the case). Many people travel to other states for corporate jobs and may be there for a day or 2 (or 3) a week and they are not  taxed that way. They are taxed based on their home state/base state for their position.

Good points. What if you go on a vacation to Hawaii for 2/3 weeks while you're being paid ? Gonna try to tax that too ? Greenfish made a good point that it's easier to track athletes.

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

I heard that question I didn't realize it was Cimini. Gase actually laughed, he was like you will have to ask him.

Gase did a great job today with the media.

Gase will always do great with the media because he is smarter than all of them and knows it. As fans we will always like his press conferences but the media will probably grow to resent him. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

Technically everyone is supposed to do it but professional athletes are an easy target for the IRS because it's public information.

• Upvote 1