All The Newspaper Weasels Who Unfairly Crucified Christopher Johnson Are Walking Back Their Positions - Let’s Not Let Them Get Away With It

SAR I

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yeah the bad snaps are on Bowles. The guy had an injury that impacted his ability to snap. Bowles seemed to be the only one that didn't care.

Wasn't a terrible signing overall. Decent value at guard. Just can be rolling the ball to your franchise QB.

100%.  I've said it before and I wish I could find a gif or video of it but my favorite moment of last season (that literally could capture the entire Todd Bowles era in a few seconds) was when after Long had just rolled like his 8th snap of the game into Sam's feet, the camera panned over the the sideline and Harrison is standing there helmet in hand ready to go, right in back of Bowles in his famous stance and Buster Skrine looks at the back of Bowles head and then up and Henderson and gives him the hardest eye roll you've ever seen and then slowly turns back to the watching the field.  It was classic.

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

100%.  I've said it before and I wish I could find a gif or video of it but my favorite moment of last season (that literally could capture the entire Todd Bowles era in a few seconds) was when after Long had just rolled like his 8th snap of the game into Sam's feet, the camera panned over the the sideline and Harrison is standing there helmet in hand ready to go, right in back of Bowles in his famous stance and Buster Skrine looks at the back of Bowles head and then up and Henderson and gives him the hardest eye roll you've ever seen and then slowly turns back to the watching the field.  It was classic.

I’d love to see this if you ever find it. 

21 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I’d love to see this if you ever find it. 

I've tried so many times.  I'll try again but the only thing I can think of is finding the complete game and I'm not 100% sure which game it was.  I think it was the 2nd Dolphin game since that's when he got injured but I honestly cant remember.  

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

I believe something else.

In February, Johnson decides to fire Bowles and Maccagnan, but it's not a good time to blow up the player personnel department 4 weeks before free agency and 6 weeks before the draft because Heimerdinger is going too.  So he keeps Maccagnan, puts him on a leash, and along with Gase and Williams calls all the shots and signs off on every single player and every single move Maccagnan makes.  When FA and the draft are over, he off's Maccagan as he decided to back in February.

Christopher Johnson is the CEO of a mulit-billion dollar corporation and that's how its done.  You get rid of the people you don't want at the very moment they are the least necessary to your business model.  Immediately after the draft is the perfect time to get rid of a GM.  Not immediately before.  Not when there is no replacement in place.  There is no way that Mike Maccagnan was allowed to make roster decisions.  Adam Gase and Gregg Williams did.

SAR I

This is a weird conspiracy theory that didn’t actually happen. CJ leaned on Maccagnan to hire Gase and let him run the draft and free agency. Gase’s obvious distancing from the draft should be a clue. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, slats said:

This is a weird conspiracy theory that didn’t actually happen. CJ leaned on Maccagnan to hire Gase and let him run the draft and free agency. Gase’s obvious distancing from the draft should be a clue. 

Actually, Gase didn't appear on camera during the draft because he was busy in his underground lair firing microwaves into Mike Maccagnan's brain so he'd--against Macc's will--draft a couple of defensive linemen and Trevon Wesco. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, slats said:

I believe that Christopher Johnson made the decision to fire Bowles and Maccagnan in December.  He was decisive and had his head coach and defensive coordinator in place in February.  From that moment forward, Maccagnan was nothing but a dead man walking, a figurehead taking orders from Johnson, Gase, and Williams.

If Chris truly believed in Maccagnan to the point of letting him run the draft, he'd have kept him on for the season.  He didn't.  Gase distanced himself so that he didn't look like an interloper, partially out of respect for Maccagnan, partially because he didn't need the bad press about meddling, partially to insulate himself in case the draft was weak.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Actually, Gase didn't appear on camera during the draft because he was busy in his underground lair firing microwaves into Mike Maccagnan's brain so he'd--against Macc's will--draft a couple of defensive linemen and Trevon Wesco. 

The irony is that this might be Macc’s best draft. The one where he finds mid round gems at in-line tight end and Nickel linebacker.

18 hours ago, SAR I said:

The New York media needs to apologize for their character assassination of Christopher Johnson (clueless!) and Adam Gase (backstabber!) and the New York Jets (dysfunctional!) before they come out with the "Jets did a good job, I'm thinking 10-6 and a wildcard" articles.

APOLOGY.  NOW.  MANISH.  CANNIZARO.  SERBY.  ALL THE REST.

SAR I

How much do the Jets pay you per month SAR I or are your season tickets on the house ?

19 hours ago, SAR I said:

The New York media needs to apologize for their character assassination of Christopher Johnson (clueless!) and Adam Gase (backstabber!) and the New York Jets (dysfunctional!) before they come out with the "Jets did a good job, I'm thinking 10-6 and a wildcard" articles.

SAR I

Trying to put my finger on whose tweets SAR's posts are reminiscent of and I just can't

WHY? There's nobody on this site that had ever had any respect for Chris or Woody in the first place. They call them piss poor owners and claim they must sell all the time. They have zero proof that any of their irrational, outlandish claims are true, but yet they continue with this stupid, fake narrative..... Kind of like watching CNN.

Anyway, I've always known the same thing. Chris and Woody are good owners they've just made a lot of bad hires. However, I'm also not going to start singing Douglas and Gase's praises this early? I also tend to believe that's a little ridiculous as well. It looks encouraging like maybe CJ has finally assembled a top notch front office, but I need to see a few drafts before I'm sold.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

thumb image

On 6/13/2019 at 8:28 AM, The Crusher said:

To be fair the Dumb Luck Fairy did bring us what very well could be our first franchise QB in half a century. 

Which is how many teams turn their fortunes around completely.  (e.g. the Colts w/ Peyton, the Broncos with Elway, the Packers with Favre, etc)

• Upvote 1

On 6/15/2019 at 10:25 AM, Jetsplayer21 said:

Yes, but it would have been a MUCH bigger mistake to keep mac on now.

Your argument that (paraphrasing) "it's better that CJ at least fired Macc, even if it was after FA and the draft" isn't even the least bit controversial on here. 

This forum overwhelmingly wanted Macc fired.  The only thing that people took issue with that we wanted Joe D (not Macc) to run the draft and spend the $100M in FA. 

23 hours ago, kdels62 said:

The irony is that this might be Macc’s best draft. The one where he finds mid round gems at in-line tight end and Nickel linebacker.

If this isn't proof that Gase and Williams ran the draft, I don't know what is.

SAR I

23 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Your argument that (paraphrasing) "it's better that CJ at least fired Macc, even if it was after FA and the draft" isn't even the least bit controversial on here. 

This forum overwhelmingly wanted Macc fired.  The only thing that people took issue with that we wanted Joe D (not Macc) to run the draft and spend the $100M in FA. 

While I do agree a great “ majority “ wanted Mac canned, there was plenty of little Mac fan boys who have been awfully quiet lately.. I agree would have been MUCH better to fire Mac in Jan and have Joe oversee draft.. but many of picks come from jets scouts, not so much Mac.. we were handcuffed with our 4 pick, got to pick by far best player avail there if no team is paying a decent trade up price.. there was no top qb teams wanted to trade up for.. we had no 2nd, and obviously Mac felt the heat and did something he would never ever do, pick a OL before 6 round.. we spent a lot in FA but nothing long term.. it was horrible spending in 18 like T. Johnson that was much worse 

19 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I agree would have been MUCH better to fire Mac in Jan and have Joe oversee draft.. 

Except there's no way we would have hired Joe Douglas in January.  Douglas is only here because we already had Adam Gase.  The idea that the Johnson's would have been smart enough to hire both at the same time in January is laughable.  We would have gotten some Korn Ferry-esque reject about to get fired by his team to pair with Matt Rhule. 

• Post of the Week 1

On 8/2/2019 at 4:39 PM, Maxman said:

Yeah the bad snaps are on Bowles. The guy had an injury that impacted his ability to snap. Bowles seemed to be the only one that didn't care.

Wasn't a terrible signing overall. Decent value at guard. Just can be rolling the ball to your franchise QB.

We were at that game in Miami.  It was apparent to anyone with eyes that we're dealing with a player injured and unable to do his job.  A job that not only made running the offense next to impossible but also endangers the health of the most important player on the Jets, the most important player we've had in decades.

Every Jet fan in the stands a the Hard Rock screaming for Bowles to make the switch and he does nothing.  Amazing that anyone could be that incompetent. 

I would have understood if they fired Bowles on the spot.

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Except there's no way we would have hired Joe Douglas in January.  Douglas is only here because we already had Adam Gase.  The idea that the Johnson's would have been smart enough to hire both at the same time in January is laughable.  We would have gotten some Korn Ferry-esque reject about to get fired by his team to pair with Matt Rhule. 

And theres even less proof that we would have wound up with some Korn Ferry type and Ruhle.  CJ never felt the need for consulting, never asked for outside input and insisted on sound requirements if Ruhle were going to be considered for the job.

He actually handed it right, as crazy as that sounds given it was the Jets

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And theres even less proof that we would have wound up with some Korn Ferry type and Ruhle.  CJ never felt the need for consulting, never asked for outside input and insisted on sound requirements if Ruhle were going to be considered for the job.

He actually handed it right, as crazy as that sounds given it was the Jets

He leaned on Maccagnan to hire Gase, then leaned on Gase to hire Douglas. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/2/2019 at 12:26 AM, SAR I said:

There are still people who believe Maccagnan ran the draft back in April and it wasn't Johnson, Gase, and Williams pulling all the strings. 

"We three alphas are going up the street to Topgolf while you build the 2019 Jets, have at it Mike, who's driving?"

SAR I

How do you explain the Jets cutting Jachai Polite (a 3rd rounder) if Johnson, Gase and Williams were pulling all the strings?