James Bond is now a 25 year old black girl!?

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

What was wrong with 007 being James Bond? Why did they need to change it? If Daniel Craig didn’t want to do it anymore or the filmmakers wanted somebody else they should’ve just changed the actor like they always have. 

Maybe audiences have grown bored of secret agent goes after bad guy, gets into trouble, escapes in the nick of time, thwarts plan that bad guy over-explained, gets the girl?  Maybe they’re looking to inject some kind of life into a franchise that no longer resonates?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

49 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Maybe audiences have grown bored of secret agent goes after bad guy, gets into trouble, escapes in the nick of time, thwarts plan that bad guy over-explained, gets the girl?  Maybe they’re looking to inject some kind of life into a franchise that no longer resonates?

Austin Powers 4 is rumored to be coming out. 

That I’ll go see. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

They need to start showing some titties.

That’ll renew the interest from the masses! 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

They need to start showing some titties.

That’ll renew the interest from the masses! 

I’m not sure you’ve heard of it, but there’s this thing called ‘the internet’ where you can see titties for free, and the plots are equally compelling.

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

WTF!? This has gone too far it's blasphemy! The Ghostbusters are girls? Seriously come on now! What's next! Luke Skywalker is a transvestite and he's angry cuz he can't find a bathroom with a tweener stick figure on the front of the door!? Is Wayne chrebet half black or Native American? Kermit is really a lizard who lost his tail and feels inadequate? Tom Cruise is making another mission impossible movie? Gary Busey is just faking being crazy? Tom Petty doesn't have big teeth? The whole freaking world is upside down now!!! I want to have a beer with George Carlin, Bill Clinton, Mike Tyson, Rodger Waters, and Steven Spielberg! I want to video tape it and then give it to Bob Dylan, John Lennon and Donald Trump! Let them sort this s*** out! Oh yeah I want to have a beer with William Shatner too!! I read Captain Kirk's biography by the way and he said that Leonard Nimoy really likes to eat fried egg sandwiches after he gets drunk at 3 a.m. . He says he hates the smell of stinky fried egg sandwiches... what does Sean Connery have to say about all of this!? Well what do you say Trebek!?

The inmates have now taken over the asylum

image.jpeg.45477fc959ef0dd172884be2fd6d62ca.jpeg

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

She has the 007 role until bond comes out of retirement in the same movie 

this is all about internet marketing 

Sounds about right.  

She messes everything up, Bond comes back, beds her, and the film ends with her preparing some scrambled eggs topless.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Sooo..should it be  25 year old white girl then!?!

I don't think the faux outrage is about black v white, that's the reverse racists on the board looking to got a rise like millennials are wont to do.

I think what some Bond fans are mildly complaining about is making James Bond a woman.  Of any race. 

She could be asian, hispanic, arabic, native american, hell she could be aboriginal.

But why make 007 a woman?

Start a new franchise.  Start a break off franchise.

No one gave a sh*t when they made M a woman. No one complained that they took a character traditionally a man and reinvented it into a woman.  She could have been Angela Bassett for all anyone cared.

It's not  that she's black.

It's that she's a she. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Title is pretty accurate when you consider that the thread is just largely incoherent whining based on laziness, all about a movie.

No the thread title and the thread itself are hilarious and we're meant to be funny. It's the offseason so lighten up Captain politically correct! SMH

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

I don't think the faux outrage is about black v white, that's the reverse racists on the board looking to got a rise like millennials are wont to do.

I think what some Bond fans are mildly complaining about is making James Bond a woman.  Of any race. 

She could be asian, hispanic, arabic, native american, hell she could be aboriginal.

No one gave a sh*t when they made M a woman. No one complained that they took a character traditionally a man and reinvented it into a woman.  She could have been Angela Bassett for all anyone cared.

It's that she's a she. 

I highly doubt the thread would have been "james bond is now a 25 year white girl" if that was the case ...

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I was hoping Idris Elba got the part, but even Im a little shocked by this news. I have no idea who this woman is. I never seen Captain Marvel, which I hear she starred in. Maybe this will work, but this will definitely be different than the the 007's we've grown up on. I also posted this news in the lounge yesterday. This was completely left field.

I wouldnt go as far as calling it Blasphemy though. 

We grew up with not just one white Moses movie. 

exodus.jpg

But two of them...

moses-charlton-hes_3135760b.jpg

What's so subtle, yet hilarious about it,...both production companies behind these movies made sure to not even try and implement the Exodus 4:6-7 miracle in either film. They were probably sitting at the discussion table like "How the hell is that gonna work?" lol. 

Changing around fictional characters to push agenda's can suck, but the changing of "real" historical characters of this stature in order to push agenda's...

It's been going on since film was introduced to the masses my friend. 

Elba getting the part makes sense.Big, strong, smart, handsome. IT'LL MAKE HIM A STAR! IDRIS ELBA NEVER GETS THIS PART! HE MADE ME LOOK RIDICULOUS, AND A MAN IN MY POSITION CANNOT AFFORD TO LOOK RIDICULOUS!  Oh, ooops...

Movie executives are now falling all over themselves to make ANOTHER PC movie where some 5 foot nothing 100 lb. chick beats the crap out of 150 evil guys. I'm not watching "John Wick" ; nothing personal, simply don't get the whole genre from Jason Bourne to Jack Reacher or superhero movies, no insult to anyone , not my thing. But the ridiculous idea that Scarlett Johanson or Charlize Theron or this tiny girl are going to plausibly kick ass for 2 hours of a movie pushes things into a complete cartoon. James Bond has been a cartoon forever anyway, but you're tearing  the veneer off completely. The film makers may think their series is exhausted anyway and this is their last ditch effort to milk 1 more movie. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

No the thread title and the thread itself are hilarious and we're meant to be funny. It's the offseason so lighten up Captain politically correct! SMH

Lol at the faux racist outrage. 

Has nothing to do with race. 

Or even gender TBH. 

007 is...Bond...James Bond. 

Go make a flick spy chick movie. Set it in England. In MI-6. 

Why 007? 

PC just to shove PC down our throats.

If it does happen, I just hope she makes 75% of what Daniel Craig made.

Actually, 75% of what Roger Moore made.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Elba getting the part makes sense.Big, strong, smart, handsome. IT'LL MAKE HIM A STAR! IDIRS ELBA NEVER GETS THIS PART! HE MADE ME LOOK RIDICULOUS, AND A MAN IN MY POSITION CANNOT AFFORD TO LOOK RIDICULOUS!  Oh, ooops...

Movie executives are now falling all over themselves to make ANOTHER PC movie where some 5 foot nothing 100 lb. chick beats the crap out of 150 evil guys. I'm not watching "John Wick" ; nothing personal, simply don't get the whole genre from Jason Bourne or Jack Reacher or superhero movies, no insult to anyone , not my thing. But the ridiculous idea that Scarlett Johanson or Charlize Theron or this tiny girl are going to plausibly kick ass for 2 hours of a movie pushes things into a complete cartoon. James Bond has been a cartoon forever anyway, but you're tearing the the veneer off completely. The film makers may think their series is exhausted anyway and this is their last ditch effort to milk 1 more movie. 

I would have been 1000% with Elba. 

Strong Brit great action actor. 

Oh sh*t, he’s black?!?!?

Yeah, don’t care about his race. 

Elba is awesome. Luther is one of my favorite shows. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Bugg said:

Elba getting the part makes sense.Big, strong, smart, handsome. IT'LL MAKE HIM A STAR! IDRIS ELBA NEVER GETS THIS PART! HE MADE ME LOOK RIDICULOUS, AND A MAN IN MY POSITION CANNOT AFFORD TO LOOK RIDICULOUS!  Oh, ooops...

Movie executives are now falling all over themselves to make ANOTHER PC movie where some 5 foot nothing 100 lb. chick beats the crap out of 150 evil guys. I'm not watching "John Wick" ; nothing personal, simply don't get the whole genre from Jason Bourne to Jack Reacher or superhero movies, no insult to anyone , not my thing. But the ridiculous idea that Scarlett Johanson or Charlize Theron or this tiny girl are going to plausibly kick ass for 2 hours of a movie pushes things into a complete cartoon. James Bond has been a cartoon forever anyway, but you're tearing  the veneer off completely. The film makers may think their series is exhausted anyway and this is their last ditch effort to milk 1 more movie. 

Im just pissed that if true, there will be no more "Bond women" :-) 

Seriously though, I wouldnt be surprised that if this comes to pass, this new agent will have "Bond men" that she can sleep around with, and it will be propagated to us as her "owning her sexuality just like men". Because you know, she didnt own it before....

We all know how this goes. And honestly, it wouldnt be much of a problem to me if they went that route, if only they would simply stop comparing a woman's sexuality to a man's. In otherwords, stop forcing the situation in order to make a stupid and irrelevant point. The sexes differ and play different roles when courting one another. But, everything in the world must be put in a box called "equality". If this is the position she has, cool, but also allow the character to be mature enough to know that it's a decision of their's maybe for the purpose of fulfilling their role as this agent, and not some message for the viewer. 

We'll see how this goes. Hopefully they dont f this up. Many people felt like Bond was already bland, but I've liked the last bonds. However, Im not old enough to have seen the older Bonds from like the 60's and 70's nor have I taken the time to watch them today. 

Bond to me is Pierce Brosnan.  

Eitherway, I hope that this isnt a "girl power" movie, but a 007 agent that is a woman, and it's clear that she can do the job. If they create the movie from that position and not make it about sexual or racial agenda and propaganda and let it be about her ability to play the part, those movies should be able to hold their own. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

It's that she's a she. 

I purposely responded in that way because the threadstarter put the actress color in the title like it mattered to him...

Like I get the gender being the issue, but does the race to? (Directed to the thread starter and anyone else who has a problem with the race changing)

If they just called her 008, this whole thread wouldn't have been born.

They made the 'next Luke Skywalker' a woman and no one cared because Luke was still Luke (even if he doesn't speak much).  But gender-flip reboots are universally awful.  Can anyone name one that wasn't?  

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im just pissed that if true, there will be no more "Bond women" :-) 

Seriously though, I wouldnt be surprised that if this comes to pass, this new agent will have "Bond men" that she can sleep around with, and it will be propagated to us as her "owning her sexuality just like men". Because you know, she didnt own it before....

We all know how this goes. And honestly, it wouldnt be much of a problem to me if they went that route, if only they would simply stop comparing a woman's sexuality to a man's. In otherwords, stop forcing the situation in order to make a stupid and irrelevant point. The sexes differ and play different roles when courting one another. But, everything in the world must be put in a box called "equality". If this is the position she has, cool, but also allow the character to be mature enough to know that it's a decision of their's maybe for the purpose of fulfilling their role as this agent, and not some message for the viewer. 

We'll see how this goes. Hopefully they dont f this up. Many people felt like Bond was already bland, but I've liked the last bonds. However, Im not old enough to have seen the older Bonds from like the 60's and 70's nor have I taken the time to watch them today. 

Bond to me is Pierce Brosnan.  

Eitherway, I hope that this isnt a "girl power" movie, but a 007 agent that is a woman, and it's clear that she can do the job. If they create the movie from that position and not make it about sexual or racial agenda and propaganda and let it be about her ability to play the part, those movies should be able to hold their own. 

You understand there will be no “Bond men”.  

She will 100% be a lesbian. Only men in the movie will be the bad guys or some idiot flunkies. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I blazed through the replies but did I see multiple grown men upset that an animated, for-kids, Spider-Man movie included non-teenage-boy Spider-Mans? 

Who doesn't love Spider-Pig?

Once again, the Simpsons predicting the future like a boss: