James Bond is now a 25 year old black girl!?

WTF!? This has gone too far it's blasphemy! The Ghostbusters are girls? Seriously come on now! What's next! Luke Skywalker is a transvestite and he's angry cuz he can't find a bathroom with a tweener stick figure on the front of the door!? Is Wayne chrebet half black or Native American? Kermit is really a lizard who lost his tail and feels inadequate? Tom Cruise is making another mission impossible movie? Gary Busey is just faking being crazy? Tom Petty doesn't have big teeth? The whole freaking world is upside down now!!! I want to have a beer with George Carlin, Bill Clinton, Mike Tyson, Rodger Waters, and Steven Spielberg! I want to video tape it and then give it to Bob Dylan, John Lennon and Donald Trump! Let them sort this s*** out! Oh yeah I want to have a beer with William Shatner too!! I read Captain Kirk's biography by the way and he said that Leonard Nimoy really likes to eat fried egg sandwiches after he gets drunk at 3 a.m. . He says he hates the smell of stinky fried egg sandwiches... what does Sean Connery have to say about all of this!? Well what do you say Trebek!?

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

The problem isn’t the gender of the lead, but that these reboots are becoming blatant, poorly-written-and-conceived, money grabs.

I hope this is an exception and it brings something new and authentic to the table and it’s not just a “same thing but with a girl!” type of character banging a bunch of guys and going to male strip clubs and oh yeah catching a bad guy at some point. Audiences will see right through that. And by the way that’s the type of female characters most men write. They need a female writer involved in the team otherwise this one will fail for the same reason I didn’t like the last few Bond films—total lack of emotional connection with Bond’s character.

My guess is they’ll try to bring a Kingsmen “from the streets into the service” type of angle to it, second guess is she is a first-generation immigrant, streetwise cop. I hope they avoid such cliches and come with a unique angle.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

WTF!? This has gone too far it's blasphemy! The Ghostbusters are girls? Seriously come on now! What's next! Luke Skywalker is a transvestite and he's angry cuz he can't find a bathroom with a tweener stick figure on the front of the door!? Is Wayne chrebet half black or Native American? Kermit is really a lizard who lost his tail and feels inadequate? Tom Cruise is making another mission impossible movie? Gary Busey is just faking being crazy? Tom Petty doesn't have big teeth? The whole freaking world is upside down now!!! I want to have a beer with George Carlin, Bill Clinton, Mike Tyson, Rodger Waters, and Steven Spielberg! I want to video tape it and then give it to Bob Dylan, John Lennon and Donald Trump! Let them sort this s*** out! Oh yeah I want to have a beer with William Shatner too!! I read Captain Kirk's biography by the way and he said that Leonard Nimoy really likes to eat fried egg sandwiches after he gets drunk at 3 a.m. . He says he hates the smell of stinky fried egg sandwiches... what does Sean Connery have to say about all of this!? Well what do you say Trebek!?

I was hoping Idris Elba got the part, but even Im a little shocked by this news. I have no idea who this woman is. I never seen Captain Marvel, which I hear she starred in. Maybe this will work, but this will definitely be different than the the 007's we've grown up on. I also posted this news in the lounge yesterday. This was completely left field.

I wouldnt go as far as calling it Blasphemy though. 

We grew up with not just one white Moses movie. 

exodus.jpg

But two of them...

moses-charlton-hes_3135760b.jpg

What's so subtle, yet hilarious about it,...both production companies behind these movies made sure to not even try and implement the Exodus 4:6-7 miracle in either film. They were probably sitting at the discussion table like "How the hell is that gonna work?" lol. 

Changing around fictional characters to push agenda's can suck, but the changing of "real" historical characters of this stature in order to push agenda's...

It's been going on since film was introduced to the masses my friend. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I don’t know about you guys, but I like my re-imagined, less creative, more commercial regurgitations of fictional content to be even less inclusive than the originals. This way the Hollywood studios maximize on the spending power of middle-aged, defeated, and angry white men. Those poor minorities, like all women for instance, don’t make any buying decisions for their households. For that matter, it’s really the men that do all the work during pregnancy. I don’t see pregnant women opening doors for themselves, do you? His about buying ice cream? Nope. Parking the car while they let the OB/GYN go elbow deep in their uterus? Hard no.

Lets get some khakis, tiki torches and let Hollywoodn’t know how pissed we are!!!

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

55 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Did you guys even read the rumor?

Daniel Craig is still James Bond (who I personally hate in the role btw)

The plot of the movie simply calls for him to leave M16 and thus a new 007 needs to be named- the black girl.

The title is misleading then.  That sounds fine.  She’s not Jamie Bond, she’s the new 007.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

The title is misleading then.  That sounds fine.  She’s not Jamie Bond, she’s the new 007.

Title is pretty accurate when you consider that the thread is just largely incoherent whining based on laziness, all about a movie.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

There's a theory that "James Bond" and "007" are interchangeable and whoever takes the position basically renounces his real identity. Either that or the old boy has been taking more PEDs than Julian Edelman to still be looking good after fighting crime for 47 years.

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Before this news, I didn’t care about the next James Bond movie.  Now, I still don’t care about this new James Bond movie but will take some small pleasure in the fact that a bunch of sun-downing geriatrics are getting bitchy that James Bond, perhaps the most one dimensional character in cinema, actually remains a middle aged Brit, and only his position, 007, is being replaced by a female, black, millennial, but they’re too lazy to read an article to know that they’re actually upset by a fictionalized spy organization’s hiring decision subsequent to the retirement of a longstanding employee.

I just learned that people are outraged that the little mermaid is going to be black.  And she's a mermaid, a cartoon mermaid.  So that's confusing.

This?  This is different.  Not only are we changing races, we're changing genders!!!!!!!!!!!!!  OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Heard they are also rebooting Star Wars with Darth Vagina. 

Which would also be challenging.  Then again, anything has to be better than what they've recently done...

but I leave you with 2 thoughts...  

From what I watched in the prequels, contrary to popular belief, Darth Vadar aka Anakin Skywalker was actually your typical whiny emotional erratic temperamental teenage girl. 

And do you really have a gender once you're 90% robot?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1