***Official NY JETS Waiver Wire Signing Thread ***

joewilly12

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So teams don't make mistakes and give up too early on a player. The Ravens didn't need him traded him to the Vikings where maybe they gave up on him way too fast. Hopefully the NY Jets benefit immensely from this move. 

I know you're just happy we finally moved on from Bertolet, but I think you're going over board on this Vedvek guy Joe.

I'm trying to be positive about what's been going on here with JD so far, because I realize he wasn't here the time of year when a GM can really impact a roster. That said, I don't like the way he's handled this PK situation at all. Having two punters in camp can be explained (you don't want one guy doing all the work when you're looking at so many people to return punts etc) but not bringing in other PKs made no sense.

I don't want to go off in too many directions here, but I'm also disappointed in how he tried to address the CB and WR positions. Again, I realize they're not easy positions to find quality people this time of year, but I hoped for more from him.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

JD and AG tolerate no nonsense! 

Yup.

It was a painful example to be set, but that was Macc's wasted pick.

There's a meritocracy going on here now.  You get what you earn.  Holdovers like Shepherd and solid picks like Cashman get chances and opportunities as long as they do enough.  But when you're bad on the field and a clown off of it, goodbye!

This is why he wasn't even asked to come onto the PS.  The PS is to develop guys who have a shortcoming or two related to technique, experience, etc.  You can't change human behavior of a bad guy on a Practice Squad.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I know you're just happy we finally moved on from Bertolet, but I think you're going over board on this Vedvek guy Joe.

I'm trying to be positive about what's been going on here with JD so far, because I realize he wasn't here the time of year when a GM can really impact a roster. That said, I don't like the way he's handled this PK situation at all. Having two punters in camp can be explained (you don't want one guy doing all the work when you're looking at so many people to return punts etc) but not bringing in other PKs made no sense.

I don't want to go off in too many directions here, but I'm also disappointed in how he tried to address the CB and WR positions. Again, I realize they're not easy positions to find quality people this time of year, but Id hoped for more from him.

Many games are decided by the kicker and most certainly field position is also. Bertolet was terrible he didn't belong here if not for Cattanzarro retiring he wouldn't have been. JD brought in a cup leg with an opportunity to prove himself to  make the team he desperately failed. 

Im also disappointed how addressed the CB  position. 

Im thinking theres a trade in the works for a starting CB. 

I do like this kid Berrios. 

2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

We only have 8 LBs, so I don't think Langi gets cut. I think he's actually the starter right now opposite Jenkins.

Yup.  And we have 9 DL with the addition of Franklin-Myers.  I am guessing a cut will come from there.  Maybe Shepherd.

Patriots had a numbers problem at WR (a good problem for them!) and when Josh Gordon came back, Edelman seems healthy, Phil Dorset is there now, etc. they had to cut decent players.  Heck, even Demyrius Thomas was cut despite playing well this preseason, although he may come back.  I think this, in addition to his injury in preseason, contributed to a decent player like Berrios springing free...

2112371942_ScreenShot2019-09-01at11_23_51AM.png.485d215d67f507b484b9ed941343414d.png

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So you're saying in a round about way that you bought his jersey. 

LOL.

I'm not a "jersey" guy. I buy a tee shirt or two each year, and a hat. I used to always have a sweatshirt, but down here in SC, the season is over before you need one.

If I was the type to buy one though, Burnett's would've been the one. He was my favorite Jet last year from the day we signed him and I read his story.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

LOL.

I'm not a "jersey" guy. I buy a tee shirt or two each year, and a hat. I used to always have a sweatshirt, but down here in SC, the season is over before you need one.

If I was the type to buy one though, Burnett's would've been the one. He was my favorite Jet last year from the day we signed him and I read his story.

SC shouldn't you be prepping for DORIAN?  Stay safe wish you the best in getting through the storm. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  And we have 9 DL with the addition of Franklin-Myers.  I am guessing a cut will come from there.  Maybe Shepherd.

I'd think he'd be the most likely.  Holding 9 DLinemen and trying to keep a straight face while saying we're predominantly a 3-4 defense is getting difficult.

11 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

We need all the help we can get. While your team’s dumping players, how about winovich?

I know I'm singing to the choir, but it never should have come to that.  No way he falls to the Patriots if Douglas (or any other non-lame duck GM) had been in charge.  Either the Jets would have picked him early in the 3rd or they would have picked someone else competent that likely would have altered the subsequent selections and kept Winovich from falling to the middle of the round.  At least you guys still have a strong young core plus a GM who looks like he knows what he's doing so hopefully Mac's final draft (which at least netted Williams and Cashman) will not be too much of a setback. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

So Doss went unclaimed.. and now on the Raiders PS.

We thought Berrios was more important and filled a bigger need than Doss. Totally. 

The Jets should have claimed ex cfler brandon zylstra who was claimed by the panthers from minnesota who is loaded at wr.  This guy has the potential to be another thelien.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Josh Adams reportedly signed to Jets' PS:

Nice.

Really like this.  Crazy that he's a better player than Eli McGuire and McGuire started for this team at one point.  We now have a better player than McGuire and that player is on the PS.

I think Joe Douglas is really working some wonders with the depth on this team.  OLine is clearly better and deeper than it's been in a over a year.  Still have some challenges at DB and WR but I think this is what a rebuild is really supposed to look like.

• Upvote 1